Episode 278

"Gibson No More!" said:
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but I don't think they'll be reaching Elfhelm by the end of this episode. As a matter of fact, we might very well be at the start of a 5+ volume "At Sea" arc; they'll get into trouble at sea, get lost, crash land on mysterous islands, and have more adventures. Enjoy the boat ride, I know I'm looking forward to a long, hard journey. =)

Well, why not? If getting to Elfhelm is so important, then the long struggle to get there will make it all the more sweeter.... like eating a scrumptious chocolate pudding after 48 hours without food.  :carcus:

Still, in 5+ volumes, what's that more than 3 years? That'd be testing my patience a bit.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
"Gibson No More!" said:
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but I don't think they'll be reaching Elfhelm by the end of this episode. As a matter of fact, we might very well be at the start of a 5+ volume "At Sea" arc; they'll get into trouble at sea, get lost, crash land on mysterous islands, and have more adventures. Enjoy the boat ride, I know I'm looking forward to a long, hard journey. =)

Totally fine with me if it takes another 5+ volumes to get there.  If it's as good as all the stuff between Puck first suggesting they go to Elfhelm and now, I'm sure to enjoy myself. :void:

It indeed seems like Zodd will be sparing Guts in this episode, even if his act of mercy is just "ignoring" him and leading any nearby apostles away, presumably into further battle. Zodd shows his "humanist" side in such small ways :)

Of course, I'd imagine that there'd not be much appeal in chomping off the head of the now supine, potentially comatose Guts, especially when he had just been of great use against a common enemy. I can definitely see Zodd "looking the other way" or finding some battlefield distraction (there was that mention of a "large army" entering Vritannis, so perhaps there will be even more conflict on the horizon) while Guts' party drags him into a boat and sets sail.

And I'll add to the consensus: I do not care how "long" the journey to Elfhelm takes, because I'm sure that there are many ways Miura can add to the story in the meantime. We can get more of a focus on Griffith and the NeoHawks, plus others have already postulated that we can get another extended flashback. With Guts perhaps comatose and certainly off active duty for awhile, there might be a logical break in the narrative for the latter.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
"Gibson No More!" said:
crash land on mysterous islands,
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful trip.
That started from this tropic port,
aboard this tiny ship.
The mate was a mighty sailin' man,
the skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day,
for a three hour tour, a three hour tour………
The weather started getting rough,
the tiny ship was tossed.
If not for the courage of the fearless crew,
the Minnow would be lost; the Minnow would be lost.
The ship took ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle,
with Gilligan, the Skipper too,
the Millionaire, and his Wife,
the Movie Star, the Professor and Mary Ann,
here on Isidro's Isle.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
"Gibson No More!" said:
they'll get into trouble at sea, get lost, crash land on mysterious islands, and have more adventures.

thats what i had in mind originally! a nice crash on a sweet unknown island probably, filled with monsters and/or others things as neat as monsters, to fill the story with news adventures on their way to elfhelm

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
jackson_hurley said:
thats what i had in mind originally! a nice crash on a sweet unknown island probably, filled with monsters and/or others things as neat as monsters, to fill the story with news adventures on their way to elfhelm
I would have to disagree. They have been having their "adventures" on their way to Elfhelm for the past few volumes! I think they have more then earned their keep!

S

Stellgod

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I would have to disagree. They have been having their "adventures" on their way to Elfhelm for the past few volumes! I think they have more then earned their keep!

I would have to agree. They have effectively ended Ganishka's attacks and I believe Zodd will leave them alone for the time being. As for the trip, this is really a hard one. :???: I would say it is time for some information to be distributed. Such as, where did Ganishka's army come from? How did Griffith's army know where to find the army? I find the next couple of volumes being slow and full of new information. I also see a forthcoming revelation about the armor and it's affects on Guts' body. (Looking a bit thin these days isn't he?) As for the actual boat ride, I would be more surprised if there was absolutely no trouble on the way there. VERY Surprised. :chomp:

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
"Griffith No More!" said:

NO.0_0

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Stellgod said:
I would say it is time for some information to be distributed. Such as, where did Ganishka's army come from? How did Griffith's army know where to find the army?

My guess would be that Sonia helped out with that.

S

Some Guy

I think its safe to assume Guts is KO'd after the collision on Zodd. I'm hoping Guts comes to eventually, so the group doesn't have to lift his comatose body to the ship's location. I don't think the apostles will attack Guts' group anytime during their departure, as I'm sure they were ordered to only attack Kushan resistance and leave Holy See soldiers and vessels unharmed (unless one of them recognizes Guts)

As far as upcoming episodes, there will be no doubt be at least one episode featuring the Neo-Hawks "liberating" Vritannis and whatever they are planning to do with the pontiff, and maybe even Ganishka. Once the group is out at sea and the group will likely discuss the events of the past few days and such (maybe question Gut's relation to the Hawks). I personally don't think the trip to Elfhelm will take very long episodewise.

Record Low

1 person makes the difference
Knight o' Skeleton said:
I think its safe to assume Guts is KO'd after the collision on Zodd.

Well, Zodd just doesn't have proper seatbelts installed for Guts. :zodd:
heh. :troll:

but as for what is next....i'm just hoping that we at least get to see Roderick's warboat in this episode....

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Some of your questions already have answers Stellgod.

Stellgod said:
Such as, where did Ganishka's army come from?

From his huge empire? He has a lot of different armies under his command from what we've seen.

Stellgod said:
How did Griffith's army know where to find the army?

He has a seer with him like Rhombaad said, that even told Schierke about the imminent destruction. And he's a member of the God Hand, so I'm sure he has no trouble "knowing" things.

Stellgod said:
I also see a forthcoming revelation about the armor and it's affects on Guts' body. (Looking a bit thin these days isn't he?)

It has already been done in the past few volumes. What we have yet to know is what he'll end up being like if he keeps wearing it until the end.

That's a promising title. Now 279 just needs to be named "Casca gets cured already" and I'll be real happy. Thanks for the heads up, Aaz.

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
i think their trip will be cool without problems, and guts can sleep a little for regain strength.

and one or two episodes with ganishka or griffith could be cool :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
NTSC-J said:
Now 279 just needs to be named "Casca gets cured already" and I'll be real happy.

I wouldn't. Rushed is never good. :casca:

Pesmerga said:
one or two episodes with ganishka or griffith could be cool

Well, might be more than one or two.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Wow, a nice preview picture again? Two episodes running can't be a bad thing! Zodd will undoubtedly 'spare' Guts by not stamping on his head or use any other crude methods to dispose of his Wing-Man. Maybe some monologue about respect or Guts' inescapable fate; the usual spiel. If this episode does result in them boarding a ship, I'm clinging on to my early speculative scenario. I believe I discussed it with both Wally and Aaz some months ago...

I am hoping Griffith will finally appear when he is beyond Guts' reach, i.e. when they are sailing away from the Vritannis battle ground. There Guts will be painfully reminded of his 'choice' once again while Griffith saves Vritannis from absolute destruction and becomes the peoples crowned saviour (leading back to the speculation about the arc title, "Falconia") without so much as acknowledging Guts presence. It would be epic.

I know it's all very far-fetched and most of it is speculation without anything to back it up... but this is SK.net -- speculation has and still is made to be shot down in flames or generally agreed upon. You just need to think about what you're posting a little before you put it out there :troll:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
If this episode does result in them boarding a ship, I'm clinging on to my early speculative scenario. I believe I discussed it with both Wally and Aaz some months ago...

Hmm... I forgot what it was about. :-[

Uriel said:
I am hoping Griffith will finally appear when he is beyond Guts' reach, i.e. when they are sailing away from the Vritannis battle ground. There Guts will be painfully reminded of his 'choice' once again

I think Griffith will appear when Guts will be beyond his reach, when they're sailing away. That way he won't be too distressed by his presence (just a few arrhythmic heartbeats maybe?). :badbone:

Uriel said:
the arc title, "Falconia"

Sorry to nitpick, but in fact it's the title of the chapter, the arc is still Millennium Falcon. Anyway I second that, I'd like to know more about it. I'm afraid it might refer to Wyndham though (meaning more wait).

"Griffith No More!" said:
Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but I don't think they'll be reaching Elfhelm by the end of this episode.
Of course not, they can't leave without their buddy Superf-, I mean, Azan!

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Aazealh said:
Sorry to nitpick, but in fact it's the title of the chapter, the arc is still Millennium Falcon. Anyway I second that, I'd like to know more about it. I'm afraid it might refer to Wyndham though (meaning more wait).

Haha, it's okay about the nitpicking. You're quite right.

I'm curious to know what you think about Falconia situation. By that, I mean that Wyndham is barely a shadow of it's former self, courtesy of Ganishka, and although Wyndham's importance is definitive to Griffith campaign, I believe establishing himself in Vritannis is going to be Griffith's focal point for quite sometime. Do you believe Wyndam is Griffith's most important target or that Falconia could be the name for a Kingdom, instead of a Capital?

P.S. Should I be discussing this elsewhere? :griff:

Holy crap. 1,000 posts...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
I'm curious to know what you think about Falconia situation. By that, I mean that Wyndham is barely a shadow of it's former self, courtesy of Ganishka, and although Wyndham's importance is definitive to Griffith campaign, I believe establishing himself in Vritannis is going to be Griffith's focal point for quite sometime. Do you believe Wyndam is Griffith's most important target or that Falconia could be the name for a Kingdom, instead of a Capital?

It can't be a kingdom, because the kanji for it basically means "City of the Hawk." The reason I'm thinking against Vritannis is that it's not a part of Midland (or then it's very peripheral) and while it's a big maritime city, it's still not a huge capital like Wyndham is. And it's also pretty much in ruins by now, the whole town is on fire. Even if the human losses aren't all that high in the ranks of the Holy See alliance armies, the city itself is in pretty bad shape. Besides, I have a feeling this chapter will end with Griffith's victory over Ganishka and his crowning plus the renaming of the city. Just speculation of course, but that's how I see it going right now.

Uriel said:
P.S. Should I be discussing this elsewhere?

Hmm maybe, but it's tied to the current events so whatever, let's just continue here.

Uriel said:
Holy crap. 1,000 posts...

Hehe congrats! :guts:

Ola everybody it's a really hot preview again!

Anyway it's really a great moment of the story ,I really enjoy how Miura is working on his character development describing us the "mood" in the Neo-BOTH/adding some more depth to the relation between Guts and Zodd etc etc  it was a wonderful episode and this week episode cannot be less important considering how important every decision will be(Zodd sparing Guts being the best example )

About "Falconia" I tough it was obvious that it would be Griffith's capital after he'd take Wyndham back...
considering that Ganishka won't appear in Vritannis soon the Neo BOTH will surely crush the remaining troops and I doubt that without the help of their emperor the Kushan can be a treat to his army(even with the help of the hypothetic Land General)after that(with the blessing of the Pontiff) the white falcon will lead the black sheep to the capital of the white sheep and become the God of a new era...
Anyway I wonder how long Griffith will wait to attack Ganishka,he's weakened after all so why should him wait to go to Wyndham?What will the Vandimions do they are actually the leading family and I doubt that they like to kneel for anyone...

Finally IMHO it's the best time to switch to Griffith's point of view,the trip to Elfhelm himself will surely be a Big Arc in the series so Miura will surely "finish" with Ganishka before/during the travel...
Anyway I'm exhausted(so much words and almost nothing to say)speaking English seems like a mountain to me these days so C'ya

I believe establishing himself in Vritannis is going to be Griffith's focal point for quite sometime. Do you believe Wyndam is Griffith's most important target
I'm guessing that Vritannis is firstly important as a place to introduce himself to the nobles (and save their lives in the process) probably with the help of the pontiff (as it's been said before). Wyndham, as Aaz pointed out is the capitol, so it's importance is great, especially for the common people. What I'm speculating is that the final battle will take place in Wyndham putting a further strain on a city already in bad shape. This could even lead to the city's destruction and the fact that a new capitol has to be made (sort of following Gaiseric's kingdom).

Top Bottom