Episode 278

Black_Devil

Punos Rey
Awesome preview, just to toss in my 2 cents in favor of a switch of perspective to Griffith's side while the group is sailing, while "Guts' Isle" :troll: sounds nice, I'd much rather prefer to go deeper into how Griffith's plans are coming along(and his reaction to this Ganishka mishap)

Majin Tenshi said:
Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
a tale of a fateful trip.
That started from this tropic port,
aboard this tiny ship.
The mate was a mighty sailin' man,
the skipper brave and sure.
Five passengers set sail that day,
for a three hour tour, a three hour tour………
The weather started getting rough,
the tiny ship was tossed.
If not for the courage of the fearless crew,
the Minnow would be lost; the Minnow would be lost.
The ship took ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle,
with Gilligan, the Skipper too,
the Millionaire, and his Wife,
the Movie Star, the Professor and Mary Ann,
here on Isidro's Isle.

So the elves combine to form Mary Ann? What is this, some sort of twisted elfen voltron? Mary Ann was hot.

The whole island adventure thing sounds about as likely as Guts hooking up with Serpico on the boat. What significant challenges would they meet on an island aside from elfhelm? Unless they were filming a season of Survivor or something, they couldn't find anything worthwhile to participate in, and Guts would own in Survivor anyway. He's the ultimate Survivor.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
mike.william said:
So the elves combine to form Mary Ann?  What is this, some sort of twisted elfen voltron?  Mary Ann was hot. 

What significant challenges would they meet on an island aside from elfhelm? 

huge storm on the sea? or a tornado or a typhon who knows! might be anything!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Mad Angel Loki said:
considering that Ganishka won't appear in Vritannis soon the Neo BOTH will surely crush the remaining troops and I doubt that without the help of their emperor the Kushan can be a treat to his army

Well Ganishka may still come back at some point during the battle if it lasts for a while more, nothing's certain for now.

Mad Angel Loki said:
Anyway I wonder how long Griffith will wait to attack Ganishka,he's weakened after all so why should him wait to go to Wyndham?

You're going a bit fast here, we don't know the full extent of his power yet, nor the exact scale of his armies. Sure they lost quite a few battles so far, but there might be more of them to come. That being said, I don't think it will be all that long (relatively speaking) before the Kushans are driven back and forced to put up a "last battle" if their attack on Vritannis fails. Griffith will then have the Holy See alliance on his side (assuming he'll rally them under his flag without too much difficulty) together with his invincible army, so the Kushans won't have the advantage of being more numerous anymore.

Mad Angel Loki said:
What will the Vandimions do they are actually the leading family and I doubt that they like to kneel for anyone...

Yep, their reaction will prove interesting to see.

vlad said:
I'm guessing that Vritannis is firstly important as a place to introduce himself to the nobles (and save their lives in the process) probably with the help of the pontiff (as it's been said before).

I agree that this is one of his goals, but I think we shouldn't underestimate the importance of thwarting the Kushans. This battle could have proven decisive had Guts & co (and now the Hawks) not intervened, dooming the Holy See alliance for good. I think this battle along with the few next (if there are that many that is!) will decide the outcome of the war.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Oh, man! This one looks awesome. Too bad I'll be out of town... Looks like I'll have to commandeer someone's laptop. :carcus:

Wow, nice Preview! Zodd seems really upset in this shot! :isidro:
About Falconia/Wyndham, I've always thought Wyndham had a huge symbolic value for Griffith, since it's the place where his downfall occured, it would be logical for him to establish his Kingdom there!
And on a larger scale, there's the Tower of Rebirth (I hope it's the right name...), where it seems "all" began, the Five Angels, Gaiseric, ... So I guess it may play some role, too, in the future! :schierke:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
Wow, nice Preview! Zodd seems really upset in this shot! :isidro:
Looks like he's grinning to me... :zodd: See?

About Falconia/Wyndham, I've always thought Wyndham had a huge symbolic value for Griffith, since it's the place where his downfall occurred, it would be logical for him to establish his Kingdom there!
Well, I don't think anyone said that Vritannis will be the ultimate capital of his empire. It's likely just the first step in that direction. I agree that Wyndham has obvious historical significance to the world of Berserk (at least to this continent), and will have to at the very least, be revisited and re-conquered. But that doesn't mean that Griffith will have to lay the center of his empire there just because that's how it was done by Gaiseric and the subsequent kings of Midland previously.

Walter said:
But that doesn't mean that Griffith will have to lay the center of his empire there just because that's how it was done by Gaiseric and the subsequent kings of Midland previously.
Well, although he certainly doesn't have to take Wyndham as the Capital of his "Kingdom", I personally think it really would be fitting in the course of events, since he fell for Wyndham (at least indirectly), now that he has the possibility to take it, why wouldn't he?
Plus, it seems he didn't renounce in marrying Charlotte, the legitimate heir (I'm not sure about this word, sorry...) to Midland's crown, then why would he not establish his Capital in Wyndham?!...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
HawaiianStallion said:
Just a weird note or maybe not even, but looks like their is a face on Zodd's right shoulder... sorta.

Hmm, I'm not seeing it.

asmer said:
Plus, it seems he didn't renounce in marrying Charlotte, the legitimate heir (I'm not sure about this word, sorry...) to Midland's crown, then why would he not establish his Capital in Wyndham?!...

There's also the fact that it already is the capital. He probably wouldn't mind changing it too much if that was his goal, but it's always easier to stick to what's already there in general. It could be interesting to have Guts & co visit a deserted and ghastly Wyndham in the future though, haunted by Ganishka's remaining abominations. They'd go explore the Tower of Rebirth and discover its dark, unfathomable secret! :guts:

I may be imagining things, but on the upper left side of the picture is that part of a boat? If so, hadn't all the boats in the harbor had been destroyed in some manner? Were Guts and Co. taxied to the boats, or is that just wreckage and i'm letting my imagination run wild?

CnC

Ad Oculos
Malachai said:
Were Guts and Co. taxied to the boats, or is that just wreckage and i'm letting my imagination run wild?

I was thinking something similar but the rubble on the ground seems to indicate they're still on the docks.

Abstraction

Darkness is looking back at you
Malachai said:
I may be imagining things, but on the upper left side of the picture is that part of a boat?

lol... I don't see why a boat is surprising...

Berserk_v32c277p18.jpg

That's the last shot of Zodd and Guts in the last episode... Guts is still on his back... and judging by the preview, Guts held on but kinda flipped feet first onto the harbor. And like CnC said... it looks like they're still on the docks.

Malachai said:
If so, hadn't all the boats in the harbor had been destroyed in some manner?

Roderick said his boat wasn't with the others.

First post at skullknight.net but not exactly a newbie in Berserk world. True, this preview foreshadow an interesting development in the story... like everyone I am truly looking forward to this EPISODE to be released.

Seems likely that the story will focus on Griffith for several EPISODES... letting Guts and Co some breathing... which Guts definitly needs after his ride on :zodd:.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Malachai said:
I may be imagining things, but on the upper left side of the picture is that part of a boat? If so, hadn't all the boats in the harbor had been destroyed in some manner?

It's part of a ship, and as Abstraction showed we could already see it in the past episode. Most of the boats in the harbor have been destroyed, however there might always be one or two that weren't. Now let's not jump to conclusions, it could still be damaged somehow, and it might not be a warship either given its size, it looks a bit small. That brings me to my point: that Guts and Zodd crashed away from where the group was originally, which is why you see them running to catch up. They're still in the harbor on the preview like CnC said, but at a different point; and I believe, closer to their destination. There are also rowboats nearby, so they might just take one and reach Roderick's ship that way.

azaruk said:
First post at skullknight.net but not exactly a newbie in Berserk world.

Hi azaruk, and welcome! :serpico:

Abstraction said:
lol... I don't see why a boat is surprising...

http://www.furlanographics.com/Berserk_v32c277p18.jpg

That's the last shot of Zodd and Guts in the last episode... Guts is still on his back... and judging by the preview, Guts held on but kinda flipped feet first onto the harbor. And like CnC said... it looks like they're still on the docks.

:isidro: Well, it's not the first time i've been wrong, and i vow that it won't be the last!

But back to the picture.It looks like there are still some other survivors of the Ganishk-A bomb besides zodd...I'm disappointed. Although, i think the crazy-legged, 4 winged apostle does look a little beat up.

that Guts and Zodd crashed away from where the group was originally, which is why you see them running to catch up. They're still in the harbor on the preview like CnC said, but at a different point; and I believe, closer to their destination. There are also rowboats nearby, so they might just take one and reach Roderick's ship that way.
IMHO the group seems to be running out of concern for Guts, because the distance is not that great (given that we see the "fire wheel" that Schierke sees) its still the same pier. On the "Azan hype" note, one of the rowboats seems to be covered with some sort of cloth (a sail perhaps) therefor a large assumption --> Azan is on it :isidro:!!!

Abstraction

Darkness is looking back at you
Yeah If Azan's gonna go with em.. now's the time. I personally woulda liked to have seen him fighting the Kushan's earlier, too. Cause for him to just show up since the "inn" would be kinda weird.

Well I guess showing up all of a sudden since the tower in Albion was even more of a shock...lol.

Well I guess showing up all of a sudden since the tower was even more of a shock...lol.
The old man is a tough bastard, I'd give him that much :guts:. Him emerging from a rowboat again would be a little much I admit, maybe he's going to come out swinging that quarterstaff from a back alley or something. :troll:

would be interesting to see how miura will bring back Azan in the group. I am not exactly thinking of anything clever... taking into account the personality of "Azan the bridge" :miura:.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Malachai said:
It looks like there are still some other survivors of the Ganishk-A bomb besides zodd...I'm disappointed. Although, i think the crazy-legged, 4 winged apostle does look a little beat up.

Actually that apostle has 6 legs (and he does look beat up). But yeah, I didn't expect them to have survived either. At least 3 did apparently, and not the strongest looking ones.

vlad said:
IMHO the group seems to be running out of concern for Guts, because the distance is not that great (given that we see the "fire wheel" that Schierke sees) its still the same pier.

They're obviously running out of concern for Guts, but they're not where they were originally, and they're not very close either. The first thing you should notice is that Guts and Zodd fell behind Ganishka, meaning the opposite way he was facing. That's not where the group was. Second, that part of the port isn't burning, is seemingly quasi-undamaged, and there are no burned Daka corpses on the ground (while they were everywhere in the other location). Lastly, the "fire wheel" in question was appropriately on fire, and the Wheel of Flames possessed it and eventually threw it into the sea. There are at least several wheels like this in the harbor, which is normal of course.

azaruk said:
"Azan the bridge"

You mean "of the bridge," right? Just making sure. Anyway I think Azan would add a welcome and colorful flavor to the group. :guts:

They're obviously running out of concern for Guts, but they're not where they were originally, and they're not very close either. The first thing you should notice is that Guts and Zodd fell behind Ganishka, meaning the opposite way he was facing. That's not where the group was. Second, that part of the port isn't burning, is seemingly quasi-undamaged, and there are no burned Daka corpses on the ground (while they were everywhere in the other location). Lastly, the "fire wheel" in question was appropriately on fire, and the Wheel of Flames possessed it and eventually threw it into the sea. There are at least several wheels like this in the harbor, which is normal of course.
I stand corrected, that'll teach me not to post drunk :serpico:. Anyway, thanks Aaz.

Aazealh said:
At least 3 did apparently, and not the strongest looking ones.
Hmmm... Are we sure those are Apostles? At first, I thought it was "kushan" beasts, like the one Daiba is currently sitting on!?... :-\

Top Bottom