Gen Con Anyone?

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
I wasn't going to, since I briefly mentioned it in Maiku's San Diego thread, but I was convinced by my husband to shamelessly plug our table at Gen Con Indy's art show this weekend.:guts:

Anyone here going? If so, stop by and say hi! Unfortunately, we don't have a table number assigned yet, but look for a chick with short, blond hair sitting with an Indian dude.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
Wish I could, not exactly close though. :(

Yeah, same here. Otherwise I'd totally sneak up to your stand and start irritating you guys for no reason until either you recognized me or hit me hard enough that I'd reveal my identity.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I'm not going to Gen Con but I am cat sitting for some friends who are going. What a surprise when they get back and see all their booze is gone!
Good luck to you and your husband Sky!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
No need to go to GenCon, there are ninjas and giant robots and Cat girls running all over Japan everyday! I am the hero of my own adventure! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
If you posted a picture and the YuTube link, my work has them blocked. :judo:

Ah, it's a YouTube link to some parody of D&D players, and to be precise of LARP (since Gen Con is mostly about pen & paper RPGs).

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Ugh... I'm stilling recovering from Otakon....... no more conventions for at least a year :miura:

Well I was planning to fly in Friday night to walk the floor Saturday for work. (I'm a sales rep for a collectibles company)

A good friend of mines father died so I may not be making it now. If I do though I'll seek you out Sky Taveler.

SaiyajinNoOuji

Uriel said:
Ugh... I'm stilling recovering from Otakon....... no more conventions for at least a year :miura:
Recovering in a good way or bad way? I wonder how the 4chan panel was :carcus:

DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU!

POOLS CLOSED!

Uriel

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Recovering in a good way or bad way? I wonder how the 4chan panel was

A good way, but for different reasons :carcus: The line for the 4chan panel was crazy... so I decided against it. I did however spend two hours in a line to get my Hellsing manga signed by Kouta Hirano... only to be told that I had wasted my life and only the first 50 people, out of the 200 or so there, would be granted an audience.

Yeah. I'm still livid :miura:

SaiyajinNoOuji

Uriel said:
A good way, but for different reasons :carcus: The line for the 4chan panel was crazy... so I decided against it. I did however spend two hours in a line to get my Hellsing manga signed by Kouta Hirano... only to be told that I had wasted my life and only the first 50 people, out of the 200 or so there, would be granted an audience.

Yeah. I'm still livid :miura:
Damn that sucks, I would have formed a goon squad comprised of the cheated people! Take the hill!

Uriel

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Damn that sucks, I would have formed a goon squad comprised of the cheated people! Take the hill!
I swear to you it was one smug Staff Member smile away from a riot :chomp: Which would have rocked. Blood spilled before the Hellsing panel!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Sparnage said:
Hahah, that was well set up. For a bit I thought it was real. XD

It's from a really funny show called Reno 9-1-1 on Comedy Central. It's one of my favorite bits. :serpico:

TheSkyTraveller

Wow, didn't expect so many replies! Sorry no one could make it; I'd love to meet some people here. I'm sorry about your friend's dad, Maiku. Hopefully I'll see you next year, or at some other con.

We had a good time, met some cool artists, and made a little dough, so we'll most likely go again next year. I do have a couple pics, including me acting stupid next to a guy in a Darth Vader costume with a waaay too big head. :schierke: Don't have time to post them now, but I will soon.

Edited for pics:

Us at booth.
booth1_sm.jpg

Me at booth.
booth2_sm.jpg

Me acting retarded next to the aforementioned Darth Vader with huge head. (Seriously, it was ridiculous. I was forced to have the picture taken. :schierke:)
bighead_darth_sm.jpg

Just for fun, a commission I did for someone at the con collecting various artists' interpretations of a devil girl. Sorry for the bad digital photo.
devil_girl_small.jpg

There were a lot of cool people there who work on the same books we do, but we were stupid and didn't take pictures of their booths. In fact, we didn't really take any other pictures of the con since we were stuck at our table most of the time, but anyone who has been to any type of comic convention already knows what a standard exhibit hall looks like.

Nice photos, Sky!! Also love the drawing you did, did you do it on the spot or were you given a day or two?

Anyways, glad you had fun. :guts:

TheSkyTraveller

yota821 said:
Nice photos, Sky!! Also love the drawing you did, did you do it on the spot or were you given a day or two?

Anyways, glad you had fun. :guts:

Thanks guys!

To answer your question, I was asked for the commission on Friday afternoon and gave it to him the next day, so it took a total of maybe...3 or 4 hours? Luckily he wasn't in much of a hurry. I learned my lesson on taking too many last year at Wizard World. Now that I posted it, I think I made her head too big, but I still like it ok. :SK:

Top Bottom