The God Hands VS The Endless

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well the reasoning behind that would be that the Endless are formed by humanity just as humanity is formed by the Endless. ;)

God Hand just rule over humanity, while the endless are representations of humanities emotions.

God Hand VS Endless? Endless win all the way. God Hand are just quasi-gods while the endless are something beyond gods.

Sorry if i took this post too seriously, you might have been trying to debate it on a lighter note, and I ended up debating it seriously. Good idea though! :D

PS: For those who don't know what we are talking about, the Endless are from the american/british comic book series "Sandman" written by Neil Gaiman. I personally consider it the pinnacle of american comics.

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
Sorry if i took this post too seriously, you might have been trying to debate it on a lighter note, and I ended up debating it seriously.

nah, any sort of discussion about this topic is most welcomed and happily replied (on my part that is)

if i remember correctly, the endless were patterns -- consciousness existing prior to the the beginning and after the end of everything....

regarding the godhands, they do have more physical power (in terms of effecting the world) than most of the Endless, but Dream could kick all of their asses and idea at the same time while feeding bread crumbs to pigeons with Death due to the property of idea's existence ;D

Idea could be something like the Endless, besides the fact that she fits the description of a god in sandman mythology.

she could count as an Endless; but her very humane existence prevents her from so. however, maybe she could exist without mankind, like how dream and his family exists as traits of mankind, but not only mankind -- they are traits of existence....idea could something like that (for she is very much like a twisted amalmagation of dream+desire+despair)

but, idea did clearly state that she is a product of mankind >:(

the parallels are so delicious! let's not forget that both berserk and sandman are very thoughtful comics...more or so graphic novels (isn't that what they call the sandman comics?)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
but, idea did clearly state that she is a product of mankind >:(
Well yeah, but the Endless are also products of Mankind. They were born each respectively when , as Destruction says (In Brief Lives, towards the end): "As this universe came into being, Destiny came with it, alone in the darkness. Before the first living thing came into existence, our Sister was there, waiting." Dream responds, "And when the first loiving thing awoke to life, I was there also."

The Endless are products of the potential power of humanity, or rather. The potential power of existence's choices. The later endless (Desire/Despair, Destruction, Delirium) were shaped by humanities perpetual nature.

An interesting parallel is Destruction reflecting on when he abandoned his own realm.
Dream asks him: "What of your realm?"
Destruction replies: " Im sure its still there, in its fashion. People and things are still created; still exist; are still destroyed. They tear down and they build. Things still change. The only difference is that no one's running it anymore. It's nothing to do with me any longer. It's theirs. They can make their own destruction. Its not my responsibility. And its not my fault."

Very deep words when you compare it to humanity's possible future; one possibly existing without Idea. Could such a thing happen?

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
The Endless are products of the potential power of humanity, or rather. The potential power of existence's choices. The later endless (Desire/Despair, Destruction, Delirium) were shaped by humanities perpetual nature.

well, yeah, but their existence do not solely depend on mankind, but consciousness of everything....this could (and i hope) be the parallel between idea and the endless, but idea's existence (she claims) is solely on the consciousness of humanity. but i would prefer that her existence is something like the endless

if this parallel were true, than idea can change (usually for the better) , like dream and delirium (whom i think is cute)

oh, destruction is one heck of a cool guy too, barnabas kicks ass

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
finnaly got around to looking up some fans sites and all i can say is they are freaky :eek: but I still like the God Hand [there super evil....but i don't know how evil The Endless is].

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Well....Theyre not evil. Theyre very human (personality-wise) Sandman is extremely different than Berserk, were not saying whos BETTER, were just comparing.

Besides, God Hand arent really evil, but thats just semantics

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
Well....Theyre not evil. Theyre very human (personality-wise) Sandman is extremely different than Berserk, were not saying whos BETTER, were just comparing.

Besides, God Hand arent really evil, but thats just semantics

yup, the endless are sometimes really great people to be with... for one, death is probably the most personable/likeable of the family, destruction is the ultimate drinking buddy, delirium is great to be with too, provided that she's not driving...dream is a real bore tho, :-/

come to the think of ti, didn't dream mention that lucifer is by far more powerful than he is?

Top Bottom