Sword of Berserk - Sega DreamCast

I recently got my hands on this dope game!

the game is pretty fun.
but its nothing like the PS 2 berserk.
and capcom stole this wonderful monster choppin idea to create devil may cry... :chomp:
and i am glad that developers made such a wonderful job on the PS 2 version.

anyways...
I just wanna know how do u get pass those narrow corridors that is full of foes?
since the DS would bounce back off the walls, foes would surround me quciky and i would lose a chuck of life bar... :judo:

any1 has a effective strategy?
thanks

Gurifisu

Sweet dreams, dear child of god.
Oh yeah another tip... to beat the room with all the roots that try to kill you... just after you beat the king, just keep running into the first pair (before the giant roots come after you), and eventually your berserk meter will fill up, making you way faster, and thus making it extremly easy to accomplish (you can't just stand near the roots, you need to ram them over and over). You'll need to heal a couple times though, or you'll die before the berserk meter fills up.

Gurifisu said:
Oh yeah another tip... to beat the room with all the roots that try to kill you... just after you beat the king, just keep running into the first pair (before the giant roots come after you), and eventually your berserk meter will fill up, making you way faster, and thus making it extremly easy to accomplish (you can't just stand near the roots, you need to ram them over and over). You'll need to heal a couple times though, or you'll die before the berserk meter fills up.

Wow, I had not thought of that, basically how I did it was I practiced for a long time untill I could finally do it XD.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Donald Shimoda said:
Wow, I had not thought of that, basically how I did it was I practiced for a long time untill I could finally do it

Well you can pass that part relatively easily with a bit of practice. Using tricks like taking damage on purpose isn't exactly the best way to go.

Gurifisu

Have trouble beating Zodd on hard Mode though, and I'm really good. I tend to use the stategy of backwards double air slashes... against Zodd on his side without his horn (meaning I jump backwards doing double air slashes unable to see Zodd on screen, and aim for his side without a horn, so I can't get impaled), and I attack him when he lands... could never beat him though on hard mode. I did however beat all the best scores in time attack/boss attack, for some reason they don't stay, though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gurifisu said:
Have trouble beating Zodd on hard Mode though, and I'm really good.

That's kind of a contradictory statement. I beat him in Hard without too much trouble back then, although from memory it took me several tries. I don't remember using a particular technique. I think all it takes is a bit of perseverance.

Gurifisu

Aazealh said:
That's kind of a contradictory statement. I beat him in Hard without too much trouble back then, although from memory it took me several tries. I don't remember using a particular technique. I think all it takes is a bit of perseverance.

It could be I enjoy using advanced tactics, that in the end are pointless ,but fun for me. I always enjoy facing Zodd.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gurifisu said:
It could be I enjoy using advanced tactics, that in the end are pointless ,but fun for me. I always enjoy facing Zodd.

I can understand that. He's the hardest opponent in the game, and easily the most enjoyable one to me.

Gurifisu

Oh, yeah just a sidenote... anyone read the description for the Berserk world in that game... alot of it is good, but the description for Femto is strange. I always got the feeling they tried to potray Zodd as Griffith in that game.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Gurifisu said:
Oh, yeah just a sidenote... anyone read the description for the Berserk world in that game... alot of it is good, but the description for Femto is strange. I always got the feeling they tried to potray Zodd as Griffith in that game.

The English translation for that game is pretty bad. Not just Femto's description, most of the game's text is (and the spoken dialogue as well, which can lead to some confusion).

Gamma

that's his own choice there's no rule against that
Gurifisu said:

Yeah that's the only room in the game where i had the most trouble. I thought it was impossible at first but I finally beat it.

Top Bottom