Japanese Berserk Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Oh, youre a lesbian?

Actually I am bisexual... but girls are so much prettier to look at! Especially teh way Miura draws them... *sighs*

Oh Casca, you have replaced Scully in my hart.. *sighs*

The frontier between our world and Void's wasn't clearly established yet, back then (Olivier: that's got to be the worst part of the whole thing :( ).
But now that we have those explanations about how the Holy See is responsible for the slow disappearance of legendary creatures, it's not _that_ far-fetched anymore...
Gaiseric was badly wounded, but survived. As he was dying, he was saved by Elves, whose existence was still legendary at that time.
But because of what happened to him, he was too weak to fight anymore, he couldn't even wield a sword. The leader of the Elves saw that Gaiseric felt guilty for his sins, so he (she?) told him about the Elves' origins and explained him that he could expiate by being "revived" by them into a Skull Knight to destroy Void, the monster he created.
Couldn't that "leader" be Flora? Puck said there were witches as well, in Elfhelm...

'Just reviving an old thread. I'm not saying I believe this explanation...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
But now that we have those explanations about how the Holy See is responsible for the slow disappearance of legendary creatures, it's not _that_ far-fetched anymore...
Very curious indeed. I hadn't thought of this old theory in a while. There are obvious cyclical occurances in the Berserk Universe. I don't see why the merging of worlds could not have happened before, 1000 years ago, as it is happening now, around the exact time (event-wise) as that theory states.

The leader of the Elves saw that Gaiseric felt guilty for his sins, so he (she?) told him about the Elves' origins and explained him that he could expiate by being "revived" by them into a Skull Knight to destroy Void, the monster he created.
Wow, expiate. I named a certain character 'Expio' in my Gaiseric fanfic... how hilarious. 8)
Couldn't that "leader" be Flora? Puck said there were witches as well, in Elfhelm...

'Just reviving an old thread. I'm not saying I believe this explanation...
Ok, now I'm starting to worry about this theory... I really... REALLY hope Miura has a different explanation. Not because I think this is weak, just because I don't want to be totally spoiled if this is THE story.

It's an interesting theory, but i see one big problem with it: no Zodd.
His conversations with SK around the time of the Eclipse strongly imply that something happened between them 1000 years ago.

It's an interesting theory, but i see one big problem with it: no Zodd.
His conversations with SK around the time of the Eclipse strongly imply that something happened between them 1000 years ago.
Not in my opinion. ^^;
Actually, for all we know, Zoddo is most probably around 300 years old...

Spike

"AAghh! Get off of me you crazy bitch!" - Bruce C.
Couldn't that "leader" be Flora...?

how could it be? if the elves are like the "good idea", then wouldn't they be relegated to the furthest realm? don't elves traverse the "first" realm? if not, then how could they have been "created" the same way as the "bad idea"?

Also, digressing a little, seeing as the "dragonslayer" was created by Goddo, an elf, and Skull Knight also supposedly created by (an) elf(s)--it's logical to think that the same "elven" feeling would be felt by the feelers of those feelings ;D. But the Skull Knight's elven "aura" could have just derived from him hanging around elves for a thousand years...(and possibly shagging a few by and by)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
how could it be?  if the elves are like the "good idea",
But no one says that they are. The newest information (see Griffith's Universal Proportinss' speculation) just says that there are three worlds, not really a spectrum.
Also, digressing a little, seeing as the "dragonslayer" was created by Goddo, an elf,
Are you saying Godo is an elf? Im really confused...
and Skull Knight also supposedly created by (an) elf(s)--it's logical to think that the same "elven" feeling would be felt by the feelers of those feelings ;D.  But the Skull Knight's elven "aura" could have just derived from him hanging around elves for a thousand years...(and possibly shagging a few by and by)
Could be indeed. Personally though, I would never agree to be shagged by Skully. Hes all spiky.

Spike

But no one says that they are.

Unless i'm misreading it =>

The Elves are the materialization of feelings, just as the God of the Abyss is. They're just the "opposite" of the Idea of Evil. They were created by men and symbolize their hopes and positive thoughts.

According to this, elves are "Idea's" opposite, right?  It explains why everything deriving from elves has a "bipolar" affect on everything to do with "Idea"...(ex. Goddo's cave, Flora's magic).  

...there are three worlds, not really a spectrum.
That's what i'm saying.  Instead of freely transversing two worlds, the physical and the "ideal" world are restricted from one another.

Are you saying Godo is an elf? Im really confused...

Yes, but it's only speculation i guess...i thought i recalled something from the manga asserting Godo's elveness :-[.  But it explains many things: why he has an elven cave, the Dragonslayer's "neutralizing" affect on apostles, Schierke's "feeling" about the Dragonslayer, and so on.

Personally though, I would never agree to be shagged by Skully. Hes all spiky.

Haven't you ever heard of the Superfluous French Tickler?  hmmm...maybe Skull Knight's French!

But i still don't quite comprehend why the skeletons at Gaiseric's castle had brands.  Are not brands only for the "sacrificed"?  If it was a war between humans and apostles (like Griffith's army has executed), then no one officially sacrificed them ne?  Also, according to the erstwhile speculation, what would the "wiseman" have sacrificed to become "Void"--or was he exempt?

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Haven't you ever heard of the Superfluous French Tickler?  hmmm...maybe Skull Knight's French!

Olivier is not Miura !
It is obvious now : he is Skull Knight !!
The arthrite is explained as well ... ^^

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Olivier is not Miura !
It is obvious now : he is Skull Knight !!
Hmmmmmm…

Olivier.jpg

“A-HAW HAW!”​

-Griffith

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Don't worry about it, it's up now.

And since I don’t want to do two total BS posts in a row…

Concerning Zoddo in the theory, I think it’s best served he not be mentioned specifically, it’s just another variable since he isn’t crucial to making it work.  It’s not like there isn’t room for him.  For all we know, Zoddo was one of the Arch-Apostles created by Void and he whipped Gaiseric’s ass.  Or, he’s just 300 years old (a child really) as Olivier said.

According to this, elves are "Idea's" opposite, right?  It explains why everything deriving from elves has a "bipolar" affect on everything to do with "Idea"...(ex. Goddo's cave, Flora's magic).
Elves may be opposite to Idea, but that doesn’t mean they are equal forces in the Universe.

-Griffith

P.S. Olivier, getting back to the roots of this thread, are there any new and interesting theories floating around the Japanese boards these days?

Personally though, I would never agree to be shagged by Skully. Hes all spiky.

and one hundred percent BONE.

According to this, elves are "Idea's" opposite, right? It explains why everything deriving from elves has a "bipolar" affect on everything to do with "Idea"...(ex. Goddo's cave, Flora's magic).

like Griff said, i wouldnt classify elves as an equal force to The Idea. theyre something different, a different kind of force. remember, some people cant even see them. it all lies on a belief in something magical and fantastic.

But i still don't quite comprehend why the skeletons at Gaiseric's castle had brands. Are not brands only for the "sacrificed"? If it was a war between humans and apostles (like Griffith's army has executed), then no one officially sacrificed them ne?

werent those said to be Gaiseric's sacrifice in order to become a God Hand, or something else? those were his people i think, the ones that he cared for the most. coulda forgotten something though :p

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
werent those said to be Gaiseric's sacrifice in order to become a God Hand, or something else? those were his people i think, the ones that he cared for the most. coulda forgotten something though  :p
The most common belief is that they were sacrificed for Void's entrance into God Hand. He released them from the reign of the evil emporer, Gaiseric.

Of cource, its all speculation.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
The most common belief is that they were sacrificed for Void's entrance into God Hand. He released them from the reign of the evil emporer, Gaiseric.

Of cource, its all speculation.

i was never told, how was Gaiseric evil?

Spike

Elves may be opposite to Idea, but that doesn’t mean they are equal forces in the Universe.

But, according to the orginal speculation, the "wiseman" amalgomated the form of "Idea" through his misery and hate--in return, the "wiseman" became "Void". Now did the elves exist before Gaiseric became Skull Knight, or did Gaiseric amalgomate the form of the elves from his guilt? ->

Gaiseric was badly wounded, but survived. As he was dying, he was saved by Elves, whose existence was still legendary at that time. But because of what happened to him, he was too weak to fight anymore, he couldn't even wield a sword. The leader of the Elves saw that Gaiseric felt guilty for his sins, so he (she?) told him about the Elves' origins and explained him that he could expiate by being "revived" by them into a Skull Knight to destroy Void, the monster he created.

And also, because Skull Knights strength is implied to be by the elves, comparable tothat of "Void's", doesn't that in some way make them equals? If "Idea" created "Void" from his physical torment, and the elves created Skull Knight from his mental anguish (guilt), are not "Idea" and the elves essentially composing two opposite (physical torment, mental guilt) but equal (strength) or comparable forms? And also according to the quote, the Skull Knight was created to destroy "Void", ergo the struggle between good and evil, right? Or am I just speculating too much :-X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom