AOW - Young Animal exclusive T-shirts

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Berserk T-shirts that will be available through YA #17 have a page up on AOW's website (Japanese version only, and you can't order from there so don't ask).

http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/items/detail.php?gid=180

They will cost 2,200円 ($19) each, and only come in size M. They're 100% cotton, and manufactured by "anvil." People will be able to order them from August 25 to September 25, 2006. Some additional information: weight: ~225g, length: ~72cm, width: ~53cm.

The shirts will come in 2 versions: a white "Armored Berserk" version, and a black Zodd one. The Armor one has a small Dragon Slayer on the back, the Zodd one has a crescent moon.

AOW-Tshirt01.jpg
AOW-Tshirt02.jpg

More pictures here.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
Uhh, well the Zodd one's pretty cool. :carcus:

Yeah, it's Ok I guess. For $20 I'd get one if I lived in Japan, although M is a bit small for me (I wear L). I'm not a fan of the "Armored Berserk" one, but I'm still amazed that they got all the technical armor terms right. I guess they asked Miura or something.

Anyway it doesn't look like too much effort went into the shirts overall, I can't say I'm blown away. And they used the Zodd silhouette from volume 11 on their shirt, where he has his two horns, but put a cut off horn on the arm... I'd like a little more attention to detail.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Well, shit. Just about an hour ago I was talking about these shirts and thinking maybe I could ask Masato to get one for me but...nevermind.

Why do they suck? :judo:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
Aw, man... I actually think these shirts are pretty cool, especially the Armored Berserk one (though I get the feeling that I'm gonna be in the minority with this). It's a drag that they only come in Medium..

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
If it will only be sold in Japan, why do they write everything in english?
I like the shirts, but M is really too small. But if there was a huge Dragonslayer on the back I'd fly to Japan to get me one of these shirts. :serpico:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Berserk-KW said:
umm.. is it just me.. or is the arm on the Zodd shirt look like a third hoof?

Nope, it's not just you, it looks like that to me, too. Could we both be going mad? :griff:

Ah...eh. They're ok, I'd pick one of these up I i could swing by my local mall and get one, but oh well. Plus I wear (L). Damn tiny japanese people. :miura:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chiba said:
If it will only be sold in Japan, why do they write everything in english?

Labelling things in English is a popular trend in Japan ("it's so cool!!"), but anyway these are terms specific to old western armors, so a European language is more adapted.

Berserk-KW said:
umm.. is it just me.. or does the arm on the Zodd shirt look like a third hoof?

It does. In the original it's roughly the same shape (not exactly the same though), but it's bigger and you can easily tell it's just his paw/hand. But AOW managed to give it a distinctive "hoof" look even though they didn't modify much... Whether that's voluntary or not, it sucks.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I kind of like the Zodd shirt but I'd only pick it up if I seen it at a convention or something. Kind of disappointing, maybe a Rakshas shirt is in the works? :schierke:

Top Bottom