ZODD: SENMA

N

Ng51386

Got a notice from AOW today.

We are pleased to inform you our latest item, ZODD: SENMA will be open for order at 11:00 a.m. 25th August (Japanese time).

ART OF WAR succeeded in developing ZODD horse-riding sculpture at the scale of 1/10. The power and strength expressed by the daring movement are supported by the larger than usual 1/10 scale.

The statue is limited manufacture to 350 units only. Price per unit is 50,000 JAPANESE YEN.

Note: One customer is allowed to order no more than 3 units of this statue.

Anyone know anything about it?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
"Senma" refers to Griffith's "Demon Soldiers" (the apostles in his army).

My guess would be that it's based on this shot or a similar one:

Zodd_Horse.jpg

handsome rakshas said:
This is going to be the coolest statue ever. Cheers to whoever can cough up the cash! Derek is gonna freak when he hears the news!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMOGOGGOMGOGMOGMOMGG!!!!!

I just got home from work and read this email and I was gonna come here to post about it but NG beat me to it. HOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY MOLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY WOW. AWESOME. I don't even care what it looks like I'm buying it! :zodd:

I'm very curious to know why they decided to release it in 1/10 scale, as opposed to the 1/15 scale that they have all the other horse statues at (minus the first guts/griffith ones).

N

Ng51386

It's the first Zodd one :p

I'm going to get this for sure, who cares if it's 50000 yen :p

Oh shit !
:SK:

Thanks for the picture !
I will wait to see more detailed photographies to judge the quality of the sculpt !
At first sight, it looks really owesome !

Thanks for the picture KW. Was your avatar of Zodd/Horse before too? Or did you change it for this occasion? =P

EnderZero said:
gaddamn it, looks like im gonna have to pick up extra shifts at the restaurant. so much for trying to stick to a budget. :puck:

INDEED. 50,000 yen is no joke. That's the most expensive AOW statue so far! (Not including the Brass Zodd of course). But seriously, from the picture, (small as it is), it looks pretty damn orgasmic.

UPDATE: Some bigger pics, courtesy of Masato (www.m-world-service.com)

zoddsenma1.jpg

zoddsenma2.jpg

zoddsenma3.jpg

DirectDK said:
Thanks for the picture KW. Was your avatar of Zodd/Horse before too? Or did you change it for this occasion? =P

No Probs =D
Didn't change it or anything, I picked that avatar from a while back, never thought they'd make a Zodd/Horse statue though =|

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
Wow, expensive! O.O
But very nice. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to preorder one. Do you think this will be sold out right away on the 25th?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Holy fuck. Not only does the price suck, but so does the fact that the scale differs from the Griffith and Guts statue. Unless, of course, they wanted Zodd to be much bigger because he actually is that scale against them in reality... but I doubt it.

Still, at $450 something, there is no way I can afford this bad boy, but good luck to all those who can! This is a gorgeous statue and will sell like hot-cakes, no doubt :zodd:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chiba said:
Do you think this will be sold out right away on the 25th?

Probably yeah.

Uriel said:
Unless, of course, they wanted Zodd to be much bigger because he actually is that scale against them in reality... but I doubt it.

Well actually they're saying it's a "larger than usual 1/10 scale," so I think they took his size in consideration within the 1/10 scale already, meaning that he should be bigger than Guts or Griffith even in their 1/10 versions.

To give some precisions, its measurements are as follow: ~29cm (height), ~35cm (width), ~23cm (depth). And it'll weigh 2.4 kg.

Their postcard also announces 300 units instead of the 350 mentioned their email. :schierke:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Damnit...that's way too expensive for me. Looks awesome, though. Hopefully I can snag one sometime down the road.

N

Ng51386

Rhombaad said:
Damnit...that's way too expensive for me.  Looks awesome, though.  Hopefully I can snag one sometime down the road.

Buying down the road = 1000 ? :p

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Ng51386 said:
Buying down the road = 1000 ? :p

Yes, but you see, by then I might actually have that $1,000, as opposed to now, where I don't have a spare $500 or so lying around just aching to be used. :beast:

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Wow. Thanks for the heads up, everyone! I hope they post some better pictures soon (other than the sword and partial beefy leg they're pimping currently). You'll probably hate me for saying it, but I kind of hope there's something wrong with it so I won't have to buy it! :guts: We really shouldn't be spending $500 on a statue right now, but if it's cool...... :chomp:

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
So far they have a picture of Zodd's bloody sword up on the site, looks quite cool. Let's hope they show the rest till Saturday. :serpico:

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
Dammit, now I've gotta come up with $500.  Guess it's back to ramen noodles again for the rest of the month.

Now that is what I call bloody.

Let's see how fast this sells out. It's awesome but I wonder if the cost is going to turn people away.

Ordered.

Interesting part:

New horse-riding sculpture,'Knight of Skeleton', which represents the 'moving state'at the scale of 1/10, will be open at the end of this year. Please kindly wait upon the new horse-riding series that represent the 'moving state'.

Top Bottom