Damaged Statue

I'm looking for some advice, sorry if this is not the correct way to go about it.
I'm new to this forum, which I found after first finding berserkstatues.com, which has got me totally addicted to berserk statues. I have just purchased a normal edition God Hand set from ebay (from forum member ng51386). It was mentioned on this forum that the Slan figure of the set was damaged but had been repaired and that this should be mentioned in the auction, which was amended to say this. Well, I have just received the set and the Slan figure is really badly damaged, left wing broken off completely (in two pieces), left hand broken off, both ankles broken (but still attached) and hair damaged in various places (chipped). I don't know if ng51386 is a reputable sort of guy and don't want to go throwing accusations around, but I really don't know what to do. Can I claim compensation from post? (By the way - I was charged $125.00 for insured delivery but parcel says only $48.20 paid total?) or am I stuck with a busted statue to try and repair? I am in the UK by the way and got charged another $80.00 import tax, so my total for this set was $406.00, which is a lot of money for me. Any advice would be great, but if I'm out of order asking like this just let me know.
Cheers
Grovel

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Grovel said:
I'm looking for some advice, sorry if this is not the correct way to go about it.
I'm new to this forum, which I found after first finding berserkstatues.com, which has got me totally addicted to berserk statues. I have just purchased a normal edition God Hand set from ebay (from forum member ng51386). It was mentioned on this forum that the Slan figure of the set was damaged but had been repaired and that this should be mentioned in the auction, which was amended to say this. Well, I have just received the set and the Slan figure is really badly damaged, left wing broken off completely (in two pieces), left hand broken off, both ankles broken (but still attached) and hair damaged in various places (chipped). I don't know if ng51386 is a reputable sort of guy and don't want to go throwing accusations around, but I really don't know what to do. Can I claim compensation from post? (By the way - I was charged $125.00 for insured delivery but parcel says only $48.20 paid total?) or am I stuck with a busted statue to try and repair? I am in the UK by the way and got charged another $80.00 import tax, so my total for this set was $406.00, which is a lot of money for me. Any advice would be great, but if I'm out of order asking like this just let me know.
Cheers
Grovel

Awww man, sorry to hear about that, Grovel. :( That's a lot of money to put into something that arrives with that much damage done to it. I seem to remember the damage only being on the wing when this particular set was announced on here. Hopefully things get straightened out. I'm sure one of the people who frequent this section of the site will be able to help you out. Good luck to ya.

Grovel said:
Cheers
Grovel

Sounds like you guys need to raise some hell with the post office. Was there damaging to the packaging? If there was not and the damage is due to "shock" from what I understand the post office won't cover it. How well was the item packaged this makes a difference as well.

$125 for shipping. GOD DAMN I don't understand how that could be justified.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
Sounds like you guys need to raise some hell with the post office. Was there damaging to the packaging? If there was not and the damage is due to "shock" from what I understand the post office won't cover it. How well was the item packaged this makes a difference as well.

That's the way to go. I think it's reasonable to assume the statue was broken during the shipping, so it all depends on whether it was damaged in the process or not and how good the the packaging was. Was it in the original AOW box? Did it have additional paper cushioning? Etc. This statue is pretty fragile unfortunately due to its design.

Ng51386 will surely shine light on all this anyway and hopefully the problem will reach some resolution.

Maiku said:
Sounds like you guys need to raise some hell with the post office.  Was there damaging to the packaging?  If there was not and the damage is due to "shock" from what I understand the post office won't cover it.  How well was the item packaged this makes a difference as well.

$125 for shipping.  GOD DAMN I don't understand how that could be justified.

Thanks
Contacting Post Office as soon as they open today. After what you have said though, looks like I'm going to have problems as there was no damage to packaging. Original AOW box was packed into a plain carboard box with styrofoam type packing. As for shipping cost it was quoted as UPS Worldwide ExpressSM - Guaranteed in 1-2 days which was a lot but I was going away on holiday and wanted it to arrive before I went away. Also I thought that by going for that option it would also be the safest way to get it undamaged. Parcel never arrived on time though as customs slapped import taxes on it and post office held onto it until I payed them, and I didn't receive their letter til my return from hols.

N

Ng51386

Hello folks,

When I sent the god Hand NE to Grovel, the Slan was in perfect condition. I took them hours prior to sending the Slan, from many angles. Grovel, can you please PM me about this. I personally dont like airing out this kind of stuff in the public :p

For those who have done business with me regarding Berserk statues, they can attest that there have been little to no problems with our transactions. The thing I'm going to assume though for Slan is that while shipping it was damaged while inside the box. Even though the exterior is fine, that does not guarantee anything about the inside. Especially due to so many factors such as Slan's complete thin body parts. Even one hard bounce can do a lot of damage.

Ng51386 said:
When I sent the god Hand NE to Grovel, the Slan was in perfect condition. I took them hours prior to sending the Slan, from many angles. Grovel, can you please PM me about this. I personally dont like airing out this kind of stuff in the public :p

Hey NG, Grovel PMed me first about it, but I suggested for him to post a thread about it so he can hear suggestions/feedback about what to do with regards to insurance claiming, and fixing up the damaged statue. Didn't mean to single you out.

Anyhow, Grovel, please keep us updated on what happens when you go to the Post Office. In my experience, claiming "damages" to insured items and finding an official way of price quoting the repair charges is insanely difficult. The only times that I have successfully received money from the Post Office is if the package never arrived, then they simply paid me the amount I insured the package for.

Best of luck, Grovel!

Ng51386 said:
Hello folks,

For those who have done business with me regarding Berserk statues, they can attest that there have been little to no problems with our transactions. The thing I'm going to assume though for Slan is that while shipping it was damaged while inside the box. Even though the exterior is fine, that does not guarantee anything about the inside. Especially due to so many factors such as Slan's complete thin body parts. Even one hard bounce can do a lot of damage.

How come you charged him $125 for shipping when it was only $49?!!

I hate people who make money off of shipping

DirectDK said:
Anyhow, Grovel, please keep us updated on what happens when you go to the Post Office.  In my experience, claiming "damages" to insured items and finding an official way of price quoting the repair charges is insanely difficult.  The only times that I have successfully received money from the Post Office is if the package never arrived, then they simply paid me the amount I insured the package for. 

Just to let you know situation with UK Post. I cannot make a claim - it has to made by the sender. Had a bit of an argument with them yesterday, as I couldn't understand how a sender can make a claim when they have not actually got the damaged goods. Seems like they got it set up to make it as awkward as possible to get anything off them. Been in touch with Ng51386 see if he can look into that and if it's any better claiming from the US post, so waiting on that at the moment.

Sorry to hear that. I had the same problem with my LE God Hand Slan set. Thankfully the damage wasnt as severe as your Slan seems to be. That is some pretty bad damage.

I tried to file a claim, because I got insurance. It's very overwhelming at times, and seems overly complicated. I hope everything works out for you.

N

Ng51386

EndLeSS8 said:
How come you charged him $125 for shipping when it was only $49?!!

I hate people who make money off of shipping

One, he is the the UK and I am in the USA

Two, the international shipping was for 2-5 business days.

I am very lack with internet for the moment, but I will try to see what I can do, Grovel.

N

Ng51386

It wasnt :p

It might say that on the stamp, but I was forced to pay a totally different number. I dont know for what, but it's not like I can say no that's not what I should be paying.

Anyways, I just got the internet back for good now, and I should be able to take a closer look at this.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ng51386 said:
It might say that on the stamp, but I was forced to pay a totally different number. I dont know for what, but it's not like I can say no that's not what I should be paying.

Well you have a receipt to prove it anyway, right? It seems hard to believe that the amount you paid for shipping isn't what's written on the package. If this is the case I think you should get everything clarified with the post office.

Some pics of damage for anyone interested (hope this works - never done it before - thanks for info Derek)

Please excuse quality of photos, kept them small for speed.

N

Ng51386

Situation has been handled. The postal service company will not be able to insure any of the package, due to the package not being damaged.

The S/H that I charged was fair, I proved to Grovel with pictures of the reciept that I did pay ~100 in total, and the extra ~25 was used to clear out any and all fees.

Mike_Mike

gotta love the post apocalypse parties
seeing that kind of stuff makes me so uneasy it gives me stomache aches. as its happened to me more than once there has been only one solution. have it repaired. i found someone who paints miniatures for the warhammer 40k tabletop game and just pay him to fix dings/damage if they ever occur. he can match the paint on the statue and glue it back together while using some sort of weird putty to fill the gaps if needed. good luck with it though man. seeing that kind of thing happen is heart breaking

Thanks to everyone for their sympathy - it's comforting to know people understand how shit it can be! Have done 'temporary' repairs myself and have the set on display now - the worst part was having it sitting in the box. The ankles are the only thing I have not tried too hard to fix, but have managed to push the gaps together so they are almost like cracks - and will try and do a better job sometime in the future.

Not trying to bust anyones balls here, but if the package was not damaged and the statue is severely damaged. It sounds like the statue was not packaged correctly, which would have been the sellers responsibility....

N

Ng51386

I would usually tend to agree with you there, but I have proof that the statue in question was in perfect condition, and I also had it professionally packaged due to the fact that it was being shipped internationally and it is quite expensive compared to most things.

I thought it would be best to have it packaged professionally, but I guess I was wrong :judo:

Ng51386 said:
I would usually tend to agree with you there, but I have proof that the statue in question was in perfect condition, and I also had it professionally packaged due to the fact that it was being shipped internationally and it is quite expensive compared to most things.

I thought it would be best to have it packaged professionally, but I guess I was wrong :judo:

If you had them package it professionally for a fee, shouldnt you be able to hold them accountable?

N

Ng51386

No, that's what the insurance was for. But since we cant claim insurance beacuse the package isnt damaged, they wont claim it's their fault.

Top Bottom