Question about the "eve of the festival" episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oburi

All praise Grail
I don't completely understand why the apostles gathered the night before the actual eclipse ceremony. Those hawks who stayed behind weren't branded and weren't part of the ceremony. Did the apostles just act out their own free will to kill the hawks that they knew weren't attainding the next day. Or was it the fate of all the hawks to die so they had to go kill them, yet it was before Griffith actually said that he submits. Does anyone sort of understand what I'm getting at?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oberi said:
I don't completely understand why the apostles gathered the night before the actual eclipse ceremony. Those hawks who stayed behind weren't branded and weren't part of the ceremony. Did the apostles just act out their own free will to kill the hawks that they knew weren't attainding the next day.

The Snail Count and Rochine were on their way to the location the Occultation ceremony would occur at. They stumbled upon the Hawks' camp, and killed them because they felt like it (since they're monsters and all that). There were actually only 2 apostles present, but Rochine had her "guardians" with her.

Aazealh said:
The Snail Count and Rochine were on their way to the location the Occultation ceremony would occur at. They stumbled upon the Hawks' camp, and killed them because they felt like it (since they're monsters and all that). There were actually only 2 apostles present, but Rochine had her "guardians" with her.

Yup, that's how I always saw it...just like the Snake Baron in the forest earlier. The Apostles were all hauling ass towards the Lake and they got hungry.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
coolerimmortal said:
just like the Snake Baron in the forest earlier. The Apostles were all hauling ass towards the Lake

Yeah, or Wyald. At the end of volume 10 he says he has a "special business" he needs to attend to, and when his subordinate tells him they've been assigned the mission to hunt down Griffith, he replies that his "business" is precisely about Griffith. This refers to the Eclipse of course (and he talks about it even more directly in volume 11).

Oburi

All praise Grail
YEa thanks for the explanation. I did pick up on things like Wyald and the Snake Baron but I just wondered about the eve episode. I know they are apostles and can pretty much do whatever they want, but they slaughtered all those injured Hawks (-Rickert) so I didn't know if something bigger was going on or not. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom