How might Silat become of major importance.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Just curious to see if anyone speculates on Silat tying into the story in a major way. He's been showing up a lot throughout the story and has had battles with Guts. I have a feeling he's going to play a major role, possibly by joining Guts or becoming an alliance of some kind. We don't really know his motives (right?) other than that he serves Ganishka, but lately his loyalty seems to be dwindling. He was obviously disturbed (probably an understatement) at the sight of the Daka being created or born. And he was obviously shocked when he saw Griffith and his army come in and easily destroy his Tempesta bodyguards. It's seems like Muira might be purposely building up his character and saving him for something good. Maybe an alliance with Guts (which I think would be awesome) or he might possibly even join Griffith. Does anyone else think Silat will get a bigger role.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oberi said:
Just curious to see if anyone speculates on Silat tying into the story in a major way. [...] I have a feeling he's going to play a major role, possibly by joining Guts or becoming an alliance of some kind.

I would definitely like him to get more spotlight in the future, whether it's through an alliance or on his own (since he's more or less his own force with the aid of his clan). He's already tied to the story in a lot of ways, so I have good hope for him. It's only a matter of time before he plays his part!

Oberi said:
We don't really know his motives (right?)

He wants to restore his clan's (the Bakiraka) status.

Oberi said:
he was obviously shocked when he saw Griffith and his army come in and easily destroy his Tempesta bodyguards.

They're called the Tapasa, they're not really bodyguards, they weren't destroyed (none died out of the four), and they only fought against Rakshas, who's himself a former, banned member of their clan.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Aazealh said:
They're called the Tapasa, they're not really bodyguards, they weren't destroyed (none died out of the four), and they only fought against Rakshas, who's himself a former, banned member of their clan.
Whoops, Tempesta??? what was I thinking and who is that anyway? A band member from Rob Zombie? But the Tapasa that were beaten by Rakshas are, in the encyclopedia, referred to as his bodyguards. Unless those are different ones, I haven't read that part of the manga in a while.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oberi said:
But the Tapasa that were beaten by Rakshas are, in the encyclopedia, referred to as his bodyguards.

Well, it's not a big deal but the Encyclopedia takes some liberties with its older summaries (keep in mind they were written in 2001). The Tapasa are more like lieutenants.

Top Bottom