Computer help pls: Choppy when running 3D games

I've got the newest version of DirectX, and the newest version of my video drivers.

Whenever I play any 3d game on my laptop, it works totally fine for the first 10 minutes, but then it drops down to like 6fps for 5 minutes, then after, it goes back to normal again.
I thought it was just the one game, but it's all of my 3d games. I've set all my settings to Performance, and I haven't upgraded any programs. I've turned off all other programs, and it's still the same.

My video card is Mobile Radeon 9000
I'm running Windows XP SP2

The computer itself is running 100% fine, and before it was running all 3d games fine, but I don't know what is up now

I think it might be the new version of DirectX, but I'm not sure

Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
try this...

Go to the properties of your desktop
settings --> advanced --> troubleshoot --> if your hardware acceleration is set to max, drop it down 1 notch.

If your computer is spazzing out midgame, I'd first point the blame at memory paging or outside cpu usage.

Before you play your games, go into your task manage and shut down all programs or services that aren't neccessary. This includes anything being run under your user name that isn't explorer.exe.

Alos run adware and virus scanners to make sure you don't have any malicious code using up cpu time and thrashing memory.

Top Bottom