Episode 278

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Title: 船出 - Setting sail

06v16.jpg

HAY WHEN WILL THEY GET ON TEH BOAT? :troll:

So, looks like it's Zodd sparing Guts (and the group I guess) again, let's hope he wasn't too pissed by the trash-talking in the last episode. :void: And that smoke on him could be from the previous attack/landing, but also from Serpico... Most probably wishful thinking though, Guts has the same on him. So now what, maybe the group will get on Roderick's ship riding the apostles in the background (on Zodd's order since Guts helped with Ganishka)? :troll:

Grail

Feel the funk blast
That title is very promising. :guts: At last, at laaaast!

And one question came into mind from seeing this preview: how can Guts kick so much tush with such sparse boot traction? I ask you. :schierke:

Iscariot

The snack that smiles back!
That was quick!! The feeling of returning to the fast track... If only there was a dancing smiley!
That preview pic is fantastic, and that title is enough to get me hopping around... Thanks Aaz. I thought it would be tough on Miura, having to follow up the pure awesomeness of 277, but now I'm as hyped as ever.
I'm ready to see Zodd, Cranky-Form! OR MAYBE... Is it time for a character to get... amnesia? :troll:

Ohhh, promising indeed.

Seems like after that little ordeal they'll have to postpone their fight once again rather than settling the score, who would've thought? :troll:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I'm wondering, when the group (once they get the unconscious Guts onto the boat) finally sets sail, if the story will switch over to Griffith, the Neo Hawks and Sonia and Mule, with the Pontiff in tow, for a few EPISODES, like Miura did with the Neo Hawks' attack/diversion on Wyndham and the sneaking off with Charlotte.  It seems like a good place to switch perspectives.  I wonder if Guts will ever be injury-free when the group changes major locations...poor guy is gonna need a ton of bedrest. :judo:

Edit: Goddamn it, did I really write "chapters?" Ugh, I'm disgusted with myself... :puck:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Rhombaad said:
I'm wondering, when the group (once they get the unconscious Guts onto the boat) finally sets sail, if the story will switch over to Griffith, the Neo Hawks and Sonia and Mule, with the Pontiff in tow, for a few EPISODES, like Miura did with the Neo Hawks' attack/diversion on Wyndham and the sneaking off with Charlotte. It seems like a good place to switch perspectives. I wonder if Guts will ever be injury-free when the group changes major locations...poor guy is gonna need a ton of bedrest. :judo:
He has to becareful with the bed rest, He seems to have knack for things spilling on him (Hot soup) and having spells shot at him.

Although Guts and Zodd are pretty hardcore. They want to fight after going through Mr. Lightning.

What the fuck is this? They are actually going to get on a boat?

I think I'm hyperventalating. The only thing that could make that preview pic better is if Guts was still talking shit while being laid out like that.

Longest Seaport Delay Ever...
Last issue was just fantastic. In fact it was almost fan service (not sexually). Having Guts and Zodd work together is a perfect way to end the Vritannis Dockyard sequence.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Looks rad, makes sense that Guts be a bit tuckered out since he's taken a lot of punishment; and, for the moment, Wereallmad is in the lead with the Guts in a coma to Elfhelm theory.

Speaking of which, I guess all you boat babies can finally shut the fuck up for good now; and no, you don't get to celebrate. Jesus, you still don't get after almost 10 volumes of "going to Elfhelm" that it doesn't mean shit relative to the rest of the story, and you're probably just going to be bitching about the next big thing the whole time they're there anyway. You might as well just start whining for Guts and Griffith to have "teh final battal" already (it would actually make more sense than just pining for the next arc since you won't have learned how to appreciate it anymore than the last). I'M GOING TO FUCK YOU ALL, I OWN THIS TOWN!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
"Gibson No More!" said:
Wereallmad is in the lead with the Guts in a coma to Elfhelm theory.

Sorry, I think I'm in the lead circa 2005 with this theory. :casca:

Aazealh said:
There's always the possibility of a grand escape with Guts barely making it and ending in a comatose state.

And another one, just for fun!

Aazealh said:
There's no Moonlight Child to save the day if he turns on his companions this time, and for Guts to entrust himself to the armor there would need to be more than just soldiers running in the streets... So in short if it does happen, it will have important repercussions on the story IMHO, as opposed to him just struggling without losing control of himself. A comatose Guts being brought to Elfhelm in extremis by his friends?

And for the record guys, I totally second this:

"Gibson No More!" said:
Speaking of which, I guess all you boat babies can finally shut the fuck up for good now; and no, you don't get to celebrate.

Seriously, enough is enough.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
"Gibson No More!" said:
considering the beating he takes, Guts could easily be unconcious for the rest of the trip, maybe even near death.

He wasn't unconscious for the rest of the trip after the fight with Slan. REJECTED! I demand a Vritannis-specific quote. :daiba:

Griffith

Aazealh said:
He wasn't unconscious for the rest of the trip after the fight with Slan. REJECTED! I demand a Vritannis-specific quote. :daiba:

That's incidental, he couldn't very well have incorporated such details back then, the point is he had the main idea. =)

CnC

Ad Oculos
wow... aaz proved wrong..

don't see that every day.

but anyway this EPISODE looks frickin' sweet as usual. Great preview.

Abstraction

Darkness is looking back at you
Nice preview...

Just a question... is the title setting sail... Or in other words, can we assume it's a boat leaving the harbor, and not this big army sailing in?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Abstraction said:
Just a question... is the title setting sail... Or in other words, can we assume it's a boat leaving the harbor, and not this big army sailing in?

Yes.

Griffith

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but I don't think they'll be reaching Elfhelm by the end of this episode. As a matter of fact, we might very well be at the start of a 5+ volume "At Sea" arc; they'll get into trouble at sea, get lost, crash land on mysterous islands, and have more adventures. Enjoy the boat ride, I know I'm looking forward to a long, hard journey. =)

CnC

Ad Oculos
"Gibson No More!" said:
As a matter of fact, we might very well be at the start of a 5+ volume "At Sea" arc; they'll get into trouble at sea, get lost, crash land on mysterous islands, and have more adventures. Enjoy the boat ride, I know I'm looking forward to a long, hard journey. =)

That'd be pretty frickin' sweet.

Top Bottom