Episode 278

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I think there is and we've just yet to see it. Daiba did mention the land general way back when, and since Miura isn't in the habit of throwing in useless tidbits of info, I imagine we'll see this general and his army sometime down the road.

Yeah, that's also how I'd like things to progress. Even if the land army is bound to be crushed (hopefully not without resistance), I'd like to see the Hawks in action.

Rhombaad said:

Griffith is alone on a cliff, looking at the sea (Guts and co), and the sun is rising behind him. :badbone:

Awesome Episode.

Oh and btw if the smiley problem is that you just need the graphics for them, let me know what characters you want smileys of, post some good pictures of the characters, and I'll make them for you in a similar style of the current ones.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wow, this went down almost... well, exactly like we all thought. =)

Awesome, but we need to check all our Japanese IPs, find out if Miura trolls these boards for story ideas. :troll: ... :miura:

CnC

Ad Oculos
A sleeping azan smily would be pretty kewl.

I doubt Daiba would be killed by Ganishka, as Ganishka didn't do much better. I could imagine him being punished for bringing it up tho :daiba::ganishka:

As far as whether or not this battle is over, thats a toss-up. I could easily see Griffiths arrival with the pontiff and meeting up with the nobles (and taking credit for the victory) happening next. Maybe those forces would ally with Griffith (possibly crowning him, or at the very least making him a leader). THEN we'd could see more fighting.

...maybe

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Did anybody else notice how Puck was the only one to spot Azan by the way?

Donald Shimoda said:
Oh and btw if the smiley problem is that you just need the graphics for them, let me know what characters you want smileys of, post some good pictures of the characters, and I'll make them for you in a similar style of the current ones.

It's just a matter of actually making them, yeah. Anybody can give it a shot if they want of course (thanks for offering help!), but I can't guarantee we'll use them until we see the finished result. As for reference pictures, I think those in the manga should be enough?

S

smoke

Yeah, wow. Great episode. Such interesting little bits of character development. Zodd protects Guts. There's a big zoom of Caska reacting to Guts. Puck is a smartass...again.

Boy howdy, I still get chills everytime Guts and Griff see each other. Those are the best moments in Berserk.

C

cajunman380

and to think i thought miura couldn't top his last EPISODE. dam this man has no end of surprises. I have yet to be disappointed by an EPISODE and this only leaves me craving for more. MORE!!!!!!......

Zodd has definitely become much more interesting in this EPISODE. I have to wonder if Zodd and Griffith spoke before Zodd went to battle. could Griffith have forseen Guts involvement in some manner?

Other than that ill wait for the translation before i comment further

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Amazing episode, and the end of an era.

This next one's going out to all the members who came and left between 2002 and 2006 but never stuck around long enough to see the end to their constant inquiries: ARE THEY ON BOAT YET?!?!?!?

BOAT.jpg

THEY'RE ON THE FRIGGIN BOAT, OK?!​

Whew, now that that's layed to rest... I'd like to announce that tonight we broke another forum record for most users on at one time: 73. I guess that's mostly thanks to the boat above :guts:

I loved Zodd laying the smack down on page 10 :zodd: totally gloating about their advantage of the situation. Can't wait till the 8th!

A group of manga characters take years to finally hunt down and get on a boat, and I feel like I've reached some sort of milestone in my life. This is probably a bad thing, right?
I wasn't this excited when I graduated college.

I think it's getting close to time for Guts to explain his past to the group. After seeing his talk with Zodd, I doubt the group is going to be able to restrain themselves from pyring. They're gonna want to know why Guts was worried about attacking Griffith even when he could barely stand, being as only Shierke really knows anything about why Guts hates Griffith.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
mike.william said:
only Schierke really knows anything about why Guts hates Griffith.

What about Puck? And I'm not sure Schierke got the whole situation when he came down into his mind, it was pretty chaotic and she didn't have much time to pay attention to what she was seeing.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Ah, a fresh, nice an amazing episode asuaually! The kushans are in retreat and Daiba seems to have carved Guts into his memory for being able to being able to harm the supposedly invulnerable emperor. Zodd apparently feels that Guts deserve to get the favor returned to him to so speak, althorugh he clearly states that he won't tolerate it if Guts try to go for Griffith :zodd:.

Finailly, Azan Anters the story again :troll:! Allow me to shed a few tears of happiness...

As expected, Serpico's the one to think cold and calmly about the situation :serpico:. It was a bit unexpected move, however...

Hmm, Magnifico somehow looks pretty nervous on page 16 ;D. Well, I suppose he's had a rought night...

And the end of this episode! Best end of story for quite a while, Guts & Griffith staring at each other across the sea...

And so we also enter a new peiod of long waiting - almost one month! Long wait indeed. but I suppsoe it'll be worth the wait, as usually :). So, next episode will most likely focus on the Hawks and their fight against the kushan land army and/or what little remains in the city of their forces.

With Guts injures, he should be struck in the cabin of the group for most of the journey, and much isn't likely to happen at the sea, so I suppose that the next time we see the group again, it's likely that it'll be at the same time they arrive to their destination...

CnC

Ad Oculos
from the first page it seems like theres still a lot of the city left. Its not a total catastrophe, perhaps.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
CnC said:
from the first page it seems like theres still a lot of the city left. Its not a total catastrophe, perhaps.
Not yet anyways! ^^ remains of the Daka and the incoming Hawk Apostle army will more then likely clash!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
I was waiting until I'd actually seen the scans (now that I'm off work and back home) before I said this, but....

THANKS A TON SAIYA FOR THE SCANS AND THANKS TO AAZ FOR THE MIRROR!!!!

And yeah, Puck's "ano..." cracked me up, too.
ganishkapt7.gif

awesome. Thank you saiya for the scans, and thank you aaz for the mirror.

I really like how intense Guts is about Griffith even though he probably hasn't been this hurt since...the first time he took off the armor?

I also think that Griffith shouldn't stand so close to the cliffs...*see oekaki* :guts:

These last three episodes have been absolutely spectacular. I think that Muira has finished the Shipyard story-arc on a fantastic note. His ability as a visual story-teller is superlative. I can't wait to see what is in store for us next.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
CnC said:
I think more like her brand is reacting to so many apostles.  She's hurtin'

I agree. You can see Casca putting her hand to her chest where the brand is in the panel right before the close-up.

Aazealh said:
What about Puck? And I'm not sure Schierke got the whole situation when he came down into his mind, it was pretty chaotic and she didn't have much time to pay attention to what she was seeing.

Ah, yeah, forgot about Puck. When I said that about Schierke, I was thinking about how Flora had told her that Griffith branded Guts. So she might have a general idea of what it is to be sacrificed, and that Griffith was the one that sacrificed Guts. She's also probably the only one aside from Puck that correlates Griffith with the Hawk. I wasn't thinking much about her trip into Gut's mind, I also thought that she flew through it a bit too fast to put things together.

As far as I can tell, the others don't know who sacrificed Guts, or have any idea who Griffith is. I don't remember these things being mentioned to the group at Flora's, just in private. They just know that Guts has a magic brand on his neck and that he blurts out the name Griffith from time to time.

Maybe I have forgotten about some parts of the manga, I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
mike.william said:
As far as I can tell, the others don't know who sacrificed Guts, or have any idea who Griffith is. I don't remember these things being mentioned to the group at Flora's, just in private. They just know that Gut's has a magic brand on his neck and that he blurts out the name Griffith from time to time.

Maybe I have forgotten about some parts of the manga, I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong.
Well, there's also the intro to episode 244, where Serpico and Isidro are boasting about how awesome the Hawks were and what a powerful leader Griffith was. Farnese also noticed in episode 175 when Guts uttered Griffith's name, but it's not nearly as direct as the above example.

I half expected Serpico to say "Griffith?!" when Guts said his name to Zodd, but... nope. Anyway you're right in that most of the group is ignorant of Guts relationship to such a significant hero in the Hundred Years' War. Like you said, I have a feeling that might change soon, with some alone time on the boat.

S

Some Guy

Thanks for the nice scans saiya

Great stuff between Zodd and Guts, especially how Guts only stays conscious enough to mouth off to Zodd and threaten to kill Griffith just to fall face first into the pier. Also liked how Isidro tried to act like a bigshot along with Serpico and flipped Zodd off as he flew away. Magnifico is also proving to be the biggest wimp in the history of the series.

I'm expecting Griffith to work his diplomatic magic with Federico and his wife in the following EPISODES and maybe see some of Ganishka an how he plans dealing with the growing Hawk menace. The land army has most likely retreated imo.

oh yeah, AZAN!! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
mike.william said:
When I said that about Schierke, I was thinking about how Flora had told her that Griffith branded Guts. So she might have a general idea of what it is to be sacrificed, and that Griffith was the one that sacrificed Guts.

Oh, Ok. Yeah if you meant that she has a general idea of their relationship and what happened with the branding, it's definitely the case of course. In fact I'd even say that she could know more about the present Griffith than Guts himself, since she saw him through the eyes of that bird back then, and she should be able to feel the depth of his power to some extent (as well as understand how fundamentally "different" he is from normal people or even common supernatural beings).

Aside from the details Walter mentioned, I'd also like to bring up the fact that Farnese, Serpico and Azan know about the prophecy of the Hawk of Darkness, and thus have some knowledge about this (plus all of what they've seen so far), even if for now it's too diffuse for them to piece everything together. Basically what I mean and without citing every little reference there is in the manga is that they're not totally clueless, in spite of not having as much understanding of the matter than Puck or Schierke (who as you said are the two ones that know the most about it by far).

Top Bottom