Episode 278

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sparnage said:
Not necessarily. Although we have only seen him once, he may be more likely to pop up in areas with a deeper connection to the Astral world, which may have been a reason to why he was on the beach in the first place.

The group has only encountered the moon child once. Just because it was at a beach doesn't prove it 'more likely', sparn.

CnC said:
The group has only encountered the moon child once.  Just because it was at a beach doesn't prove it 'more likely', sparn.

I'm aware of this. It's possible not 'just' because it was on a beach, but because if it's going to show itself again, as Guts Berserk said it is an environment more closely tied to the Astral world. From the sounds of things it sounds like that could be why he appeared there in the first place.

Whether it shows itself on the beach or somewhere else, it seems like environment could very well be a factor.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sparnage said:
Whether it shows itself on the beach or somewhere else, it seems like environment could very well be a factor.

What are you basing _that_ presumption on, Sparn? A guess?
If you're going to speculate give a solid reason why.

Are you serious? I'm basing that presumption on the information I put in the sentence above the quote you conveniently left out.

And before you say "That's not enough information to be reliable" you might be right, but your reasons for the Moonlight child not likely to appear in the Ocean aren't exactly elaborate or detailed either.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Sparnage said:
Are you serious? I'm basing that presumption on the information I put in the sentence above the quote you conveniently left out.

I "conveniently left it out" because you basing your presumption on something Guts Berserk speculated. Thats hardly evidence towards your theory and wasn't worth quoting, as is most of your argument.

Sparnage said:
And before you say "That's not enough information to be reliable" you might be right, but your reasons for the Moonlight child not likely to appear in the Ocean aren't exactly elaborate or detailed either.

Sorry, but Guts Berserk's theory doesn't have enough "information" to be reliable. And stating that I can't prove it isn't is hardly proof that it is, nor does it make it "more likely".

If thats all you have on the subject then drop it. Otherwise move to the speculation board where this type of baseless argument is more common.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Whoa, whoa, you two. We haven't had a fight in a Current Episodes thread in a while now, and I AIM TO KEEP IT THAT WAY.

Neither of you have evidence to lean heavily on: Sparn is being liberal, CnC is being conservative. Schierke's comment is vague enough to support a variety of bullshit; at the same time, it's not concrete enough to support anything SOLID. There's really no telling what the future implications of the Astral/Ocean connection will be.

Sparnage said:
In addition Skully has told Guts if he continues on his journey he will come across more Apostles under Griffith. He may have meant further into the journey, but this sea traveling seems like a big part of the adventure, so it would be far from a surprise to see any Apostles as they travel by sea.
In case you already forgot, part of Skully's prophecy already came true when Ganishka showed up in Vritannis, along with the Hawks... As for seeing more apostles out at sea, while I was the one to bring up the subject, I really don't think it's that likely, unfortunately. Indeed, I'd be suprised (but happily so) if there WERE more loose cannon apostles, other than Ganishka. My doubt is based on the many elaborations by Ganishka and Skully of how Apostles are driven by their very nature, not to mention the heavy possibiity of reaping the rewards afterwards, to follow Griffith.

CnC said:
If thats all you have on the subject then drop it. Otherwise move to the speculation board where this type of baseless argument is more common.
Actually, no board here supports baseless argument. In fact, I'd say the unwritten rules of acceptable prediction in Spec Nation are more strict than here in Current Episodes. But CnC is right in that there are many other threads in Spec Nation where you can continue this idea, which is primarily why it's there anyway.

Either way, you need some concrete evidence to prove anything valid beyond the regular peanut gallery comments like: "the ocean will make astral stuff happen." :isidro:

Guts2

There's no FATE - Just the power of WILL
OK, just to put out the fires...
I tried to play along in "What Would Happen Next" game, and noticed that no one mentioned the Astral World/Ocean connection. So, I just got the idea that Mr. Miura didn't forget about it too. In fact, I believe that it could add more to the story than random apostles fights, New World search, or even Gilligan's Island :serpico:....
For the Land Leader part, I stand corrected, as I forgot that it's the same fight in which Griffith "recruited" Mule, and Mule now seems to be affirmed member of the Neo-Hawks, so some time did pass.... :troll:
As for the Moonchild, I mentioned it just as an example of possible strange events under the influence of the Ocean.
Well, I hope that puts some light to my ideas....

Walter said:
Well, there's also the intro to episode 244, where Serpico and Isidro are boasting about how awesome the Hawks were and what a powerful leader Griffith was. Farnese also noticed in episode 175 when Guts uttered Griffith's name, but it's not nearly as direct as the above example.

First post of very long time lurker :p. Going back to the point above, Farnese also remembered a painting back at the HOLY SEE. it was when Guts had finished off the possessed dogs and horse, after escaping cature by the HICK's. when the sun came up she said he looked like the painting.... possibly something out of legend... just thought i'd throw that into the mix of things....

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
carpassion said:
First post of very long time lurker :p. Going back to the point above, Farnese also remembered a painting back at the HOLY SEE. it was when Guts had finished off the possessed dogs and horse, after escaping cature by the HICK's. when the sun came up she said he looked like the painting.... possibly something out of legend... just thought i'd throw that into the mix of things....
Would you care to elaborate on this implication and how it relates to our conversation? It's kind of an obscure reference, by itself.

Judo

Midlands finest
He probably took too literally what Farnese said back then and thought that she ment that she knew Guts from an actual painting(of the hawks maybe).

Sorry bou that. I was refering to the speculation of Gatts past coming to fruition to the group and him spilling the beans about it all. If, Muira willing, Gatts does spill the beans, could it possible trigger some recollection within Farnese to elaborate more on the Dark Hawk Prophecy, hopefully shedding some light on the possible path that lay before them whether it be a volume ahead, or in the case of reaching the boat, a few volumes ahead. With her knowledge of the prophecy coupled with the re-intorduction of Azan, and potentially his knowledge of a different perspective of the prophecy could potentially equate to the revealing of more about it possibly pointing towards a hint at something that lay in wait for them down the road. So with what Farnese had said about the painting and how Gatts laying out with the sun rising resembling said painting it could be the fore-shadowing of something related to the prophecy and/or Gatts past intertwining itself with it more than we previously know. all the while being on the boat...
There have been many instances where something has been said, acted upon, even shown in a book that foreshadowed events to come well down the road...

PS: thx for the ep. lookin forward to many many many more.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm pretty sure Farnese's reference to Guts resembling a painting just reveals her attraction to him. 

For one, that panel just shows her looking at the sky, as if she's reflecting inward.  If it were an allusion to some particular event, I think Miura would have foreshadowed it with at least a glimpse of the painting. 

Secondly, notice that directly after her realization of this, ghosts are able to exploit her carnal lust for Guts, ultimately ending in her temporary possession. Not to mention that nothing infers that that particular painting was of anything related to the Prophecy. The Holy See headquarters (it's not the Vatican...) likely has many hundreds of paintings.

Anyway, Schierke knows all about if not MORE of the Prophecy of the Hawk than any of the H.I.C.K.s do.

Wow! :isidro: what a great episode, finally it seems they are going to make it to elfhelm. I couldn't have picked a better time to come back.

C

cajunman380

Well ive had a chance to look through the episode and it was well done. i cant wait for the next issue.

On the topic of Guts past. I think if anyone will reveal to the group about Guts past. It will be puck. Hes been around Guts for the longest and Guts to me isnt the kind of person who enjoys storytelling. especially about a part of his life that he considers "ancient history". Guts band isnt stupid. farnese has caught on that Guts knows somethig about Griffith and the conversation held in 278 reinforces it even more. And Schierke will probably be able to provide some details concerning what Guts went through. ("if she can"). This of course will be after all the WTF and HOLY SHIT expressions that will go around when they hear about Guts's past. I can imagine Schierke being a waterfalll of tears, Isidro being stunned and Farnese really shocked. dunno about the others..

To be honest, I'd expect/want Azan to fill the group in on what he'd been doing while he was gone/ his own past...

unless they forget him on the row boat.... :isidro:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Malachai said:
To be honest, I'd expect/want Azan to fill the group in on what he'd been doing while he was gone/ his own past...

I'm wondering if theres a reason he's only been masked up till now. Perhaps he was "punished".

CnC

Ad Oculos
dwarfkicker said:
Maybe Miura wants us to be all surprised when we see that the group is reunited with Azan. My two cents on why he's been masked the whole time.

when? he's already reunited with them. Theres not much surprise left.

hanafubuku

The deal with Magnifico worked out afterall
Thanks for the eps - been out of country for a while so it really felt great to read like 5 "new" eps in a row ^_^

Aazealh said:
He (Griffith) has a seer with him like Rhombaad said, that even told Schierke about the imminent destruction. And he's a member of the God Hand, so I'm sure he has no trouble "knowing" things.

Griffith while in his current physical form doesn't have all his GodHand powers - or does he?!?

Also, Guts seems too put-out to be going on an odyssey - maybe they will encounter some minor problems (since Ganishka and Griffith shud probably be too busy with each other to worry about Guts), but that'll be bout it. It would work out too since Guts would have some recovery time if they were to face troubles on Elfhelm before the Hanafubuku King could heal up Guts to original condition.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
hanafubuku said:
Thanks for the eps - been out of country for a while so it really felt great to read like 5 "new" eps in a row ^_^

Griffith while in his current physical form doesn't have all his GodHand powers - or does he?!?

Well I'm pretty sure he has been holding off on using a good portion of his powers. If he were to use the same technique that he used during the eclipse after he turned into Femto and made a ball of crushing on his enemies. Word would get around fast that he had some kind of demonic power. I don't think that would do good to get people under his name, including the Holy Iron Chain Knight's and their respective group.

That's why he has used his non-destructive powers to make it look like he has divine protection of some sort, ala dodging all the arrows that were shot at him from the Kushans, makes him look that much more badass.

dwarfkicker said:
Maybe Miura wants us to be all surprised when we see that the group is reunited with Azan.  My two cents on why he's been masked the whole time.

I agree. Even though it's obviously Azan, we can never be completely sure it's him with the mask on.
Even if it's not for the reader to be surprised, it could simply be to create shock and confusion for the characters after seeing a stumpy masked man in the boat. Create a more rememberable reunion.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Word would get around fast that he had some kind of demonic power. I don't think that would do good to get people under his name, including the Holy Iron Chain Knight's and their respective group.
But his Band his mostly (or not?) composed of Apostles, some of them looking somehow Human, when on the other hand, a lot really look monstruous, so I guess its gonna be quite hard not to look demonic at all!
For me, I'm not sure his powers are as "high" as before, since now he chose a more human envelope. :???:

Top Bottom