Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,20349560-661,00.html

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/09/04/australia.irwin/index.html

It's really true, wow.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Poor Steve... I was a pretty big closet fan of his. And to go out like this, not even done in by a crocodile? =( It's a sad day for animal documentaries.

Pretty depressing stuff, his wife not knowing even before the press hit (apparently). His daughter, Bendi should be about 8 years old now, not sure about his other kid... Either way, sad situation.

PS: Jesus, Griff you even SCOOPED me on the news link I had... the same one!

Yeah, it is true... http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14663786/

I knew he'd get it one day "Crikey!!!  He's a feisty one!" (No disrespect...)

He pushed it to the limit.

Jesus, I didn't even know about this until now, that's too bad.

When he got all that trouble after holding his daughter while feeding a Croc, it was so unfair. Now this. :'(

CnC

Ad Oculos
yea. I'm surprised it wasn't by a croc. But that dude would have probably have to fuck pretty royaly to get killed via croc. He was a friggin' expert. I'd imagine he was a bit out of his depth (pun not intended) with the stingrays.

But its a shame, really. He may have been a bit cooky but he did a ton to raise natural awareness

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
We will always remember him for his accomplishments as a animal lover and comments he made about them. We might even talk about him to our grandchildren if we get any. R.I.P Steve Irwin A.K.A Crocodile Hunter

Proj2501 said:
It's sad someone like him had to go out like that.

Personally I think it's better for him to go out like that than a car accident or cancer. It's a tribute to a guy whos lived a life like him. I'm also glad for his sake it wasn't a Croc, better a different killer creature than that he was a professional of.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Awww man...poor guy. I feel really bad for his family. He'll definitely be missed. I'm also glad he wasn't killed by a crocodile...that would've been ridiculous.

SlimJ87D

Apollo
Very depressing... I read his autobiography in high school, and he seemed like a very nice guy. I pray for his soul to RIP. He was a good man, and always tried his best to save animals and tell people on TV how they get mistreated sometimes...

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5311298.stm

My brother and I used to watch The Crocodile Hunter Diaries all the bloody time back in England. I can't believe he's dead. *sigh*, even though he was an absolute nut, I'm going to be sad to know he's not around anymore. My thoughts go out to his wife and kids.

Rest in Peace, Steve

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
RIP Steve Irwin, Australia (and the world) will miss you. It's a sad happening, and unfortunately one that works well as a remainder of the dangers of wildlife, even in our modern times. My thoughts go to his kids.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Sparnage said:
Personally I think it's better for him to go out like that than a car accident or cancer. It's a tribute to a guy whos lived a life like him. I'm also glad for his sake it wasn't a Croc, better a different killer creature than that he was a professional of.
Kinda reminds me some lines from berserk in the first volume when Guts is on the carriage with the priest and the daughter, that the priest tells Guts about his nephew who died as a mercenary and Guts says " I bet he died happy doing what he liked" So in a way Steve was in a way in the same situation.

I have been watching his documentaries for some years, and i must say he was a real Croc expert, I have not seen anyone like him so professional and having such guts to deal with Croc...

Now its really a pity that such expert like him forever gone...

R.I.P Steve

:judo:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
RIP Stevie. Glad he was doing what he loved to do when he passed on. I'll add my humble condolences to his family. There will be a lot less 'Crikey' in the world from now on.

Who's gonna molest all the crocodiles now? Now crocodiles have no natural predator, and their gonna get all uppity.

Jokes aside, he was batshit insane but a good guy in spite of it. Just proves that life gets you when you don't see it coming.

Oburi

All praise Grail
Yes this is indeed very sad. Kinda strange how he died though, guess mother nature has a way of getting you after years of exploiting crocodiles (just kidding, I loved watching his shows). I wonder if he let out one last "Kranky".

Top Bottom