Anyone here fans of Guin Saga?

Ihave been recently introduced to a article about guin saga on wikipedia, it was informative, but lacked the explantion i sought, to what the series of novels was really about.I even checked out the 3 links that were provided, but still felt like, there has to be more info out there on the web. but i didn't want to begin a tedious project of searching the web for what would take many hours, and lead me to a thousand dead ends, partial summaries, and stolen wording. can you help a brotha out, with a link, or a web page thats worth lookin over.?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
You could always order the English-translated books off Amazon.com, you know. I think they're up to book five now, though I could be wrong. While visiting Aaz, I read the second book (out of 100+). It was OK. Nothing to write home about in my opinion. He's more of an authority though, since he owns most of the books published in English.

There are low-fantasy elements in it, but it's mostly just generic fantasy to me. Drawing parallels to Berserk seems a bit of a stretch, though that's straight from Miura's testimony, so it can't really be disputed.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I can't say I'm a great "fan," but I know a bit about it yeah (probably more than most non-Japanese-reading people in fact). I just checked the Wikipedia stub and I can't say it's very informative considering how short it is. What do you want to know exactly?

Sygorian

Is free will a thing though?
I'm under the impression that only 5 volumes of the original novel have been translated and published in English, but I would be really interested in reading the whole thing.
Are there any rumours or something I'm not aware of about the rest of the 125 volumes' state ? Even after the author's death there seem to be interest in the series.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sygorian said:
I'm under the impression that only 5 volumes of the original novel have been translated and published in English, but I would be really interested in reading the whole thing.
Are there any rumours or something I'm not aware of about the rest of the 125 volumes' state ? Even after the author's death there seem to be interest in the series.

Yep, just five volumes. Way back in 2007 I reached out to the publisher (via phone, lol) and was told there weren't plans to expand.11 years later, there've been no changes.

Sygorian

Is free will a thing though?
Oh well, that's sad. Probably not enough success with the ones already out. I remain hopeful for a different future publisher, otherwise its fan translations for me. At least the original books are easy to find.

Top Bottom