Author Topic: Any hope for Casca  (Read 20462 times)

Offline ParaParaJMo

• Of the World
  • Para Para Hawk
Any hope for Casca
« on: August 09, 2001, 03:39:24 PM »
seeing how some people speculate berserk may end soon, do you think there is any hope of Casca ever being cured of a mental shut out?? all we know is that she does have love such as that one child she had, and she recognizes who griffith is.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 11:00:00 PM by 1031209200 »

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
Re: Any hope for Casca
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2001, 03:51:31 PM »
I have a strong feeling (note: no proof) that she will be returned to her normal state before the end of the series. I think Miura would have killed Casca off if he didnt have plan for her. Think how anticlimactic it would be without her; or even worse, with her on the short bus!!

Also, in the DC game, she is 'reawakened' for a short period of time. Miura would NOT have alluded to such a thing if it was not possible.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2001, 05:14:04 PM »
I really believe that Cascaís problem will be taken care of by the end of this Fairy expedition so she can take a center role in the series during Griffithís rise.  I look forward to her getting her mind back more than hearing Gaisericís/God Handís backstory.

-Griffith

Offline Fishbomb

• Of the Nexus
  • Fear the slightly white swordsman!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2001, 01:47:32 AM »

I really believe that Cascaís problem will be taken care of by the end of this Fairy expedition so she can take a center role in the series during Griffithís rise. †I look forward to her getting her mind back more than hearing Gaisericís/God Handís backstory.

You and me both buddy! Bring Casca back! I want to see her slap Griffith to kingdom come (she certainly could with Guts...).

A thought:

What do you all make of Casca's comment in the game? Something like: "Guts my love, I had the strangest dream." How much will she remeber when she gets her mind back? Will the whole eclipse feel just like a bad dream? Will she remeber the people she made as friends during the time she was mad? Will she remeber Rickert taking advantage of ehr? ... *grins* just kidding there....

But really... I hope Miura doesn't make her lose her memory. I want to see her deal with what Griffith has done to her.
Visit the home of the Skaven!

The UnderEmpire always welcomes new rats into the warm comfy tunnels. Join the online campaign, trade painting tips or find that perfect sneaky tactic to defeat your opponent.

Rattsu, Member of the Council of Thirteen

http://s6.invisionfree.com/The_UnderEmpire/

Offline The Perineum Falcon

• Slightly Green, all Ranemaka
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2001, 01:54:07 AM »
well what do you think will cause her to come back to reality?
do you think the elves will help with it?
almost everytime shes in danger(namely the Pagan orgy which caused the members to bite each others faces off, one of †the most disgusting displays of violence ive ever seen on paper... and the stake burning thing) shes reminded of the eclipse. what if something like that causes her to remember the eclipse again? do you think shed go retarded again?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2001, 02:00:46 AM »
shes reminded of the eclipse. what if something like that causes her to remember the eclipse again? do you think shed go retarded again?
I think those are just moments of 'non-retarded-ness'. She is able to consciously be aware that the Eclipse was something that truly frightened her. If she regains her sanity, she will be able to accept that the eclipse happened, and wont have to 're-remember' it at every panel of a penis.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline Fishbomb

• Of the Nexus
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2001, 02:05:59 AM »
If she regains her sanity, she will be able to accept that the eclipse happened, and wont have to 're-remember' it at every panel of a penis

My my... :-[... Walther! There are ladies present you know... ;). Penis... oh dear, I would NEVER have guessed that berserk included such smut! Now I will be forced to stop reading it and enjoying the beautifully drawn landscapes and dresses...

The UnderEmpire always welcomes new rats into the warm comfy tunnels. Join the online campaign, trade painting tips or find that perfect sneaky tactic to defeat your opponent.

Offline Wereallmad

• Of the Nexus
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2001, 09:29:20 PM »
I have trouble believing that she'd be cured. She'd be incapable of fighting alongside Guts OR Griffith (both sides are far too powerfull for her to keep up with, or fight against), and Casca isn't hte type to sit idly by and watch from the sidelines.

Precisely what would she do? Continue to be the damsel in distress? There's no real need for her to regain her memory if this is the case.

I'm interested in seeing what roles Farnese, Serpico, and co. willl have. If Griffith has a new Taka no dan, perhaps Guts will as well.

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2001, 09:33:52 PM »
Casca should be just as able to fight along side Guts as Farnese and Serpico.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Offline Cronus

• Of the Interstice
  • Daiba's rollin a fatty
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2001, 09:45:08 PM »
Casca's recovery is the one thing I really want to see happen.  I loved her character and her being like she has been for so long seems like a waste.  I'm hoping when they arrive at Puck's home, something can be done about it, or at least, they'll get some clues...
Sure, I want to know what really happened with Gaiseric's empire and more about Idea and all but...c'mon ;)
All is within the flow of causality.

Offline Wereallmad

• Of the Nexus
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2001, 09:49:24 PM »
I seriously doubt that. First off. Farnese couldn't be capable of fighting alongside Guts. However Serpico could.

If you recall, Serpico managed to end a fight with Guts in a draw.

Farnese wounded Guts, but that doesn't really count.
Until she managed to overcome her fear "during every battle, she just stands and shakes", it's doubtful she could be of ANY use, to ANYone.

Azan on hte other hand managed to be little more then a minor inconvinience, but could possibly prove useful.

By the time Silat raided the camp of the Taka no dan, it was already apparent that Casca was incapable of fighting alongside Guts.

Basicly, to fight alongside Guts, I'd say you'd either have to be able to kill 100 armed mercinaries, multiple high-class apostles, or stand a chance against Guts himself.

Azan might be able to take out a weak apostle. He managed to fight off a hoard of of zombies, and give Guts a little shove around.

Serpico managed to stand up to Guts, on less then even terms, and come out with only a broken sword.

Casca killed a single apostle, then lost to a second one, then got gang raped by monsters. I just dunno.

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2001, 09:56:05 PM »
she did manage to kill quite a few mercenaries when her and Guts were attacked even under some......difficult circumstances...<*ahem*>
all im saying is, she wouldnt be completly useless in a fight. she should be able to help alittle, and Guts certainly wouldnt let anything happen to her.
so i dunno, only time will tell.

Offline Wereallmad

• Of the Nexus
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2001, 10:02:47 PM »
I suppose. I just always pictured the very end of Berserk to be much like the end of hte video game. Their goal accomplished, Guts, Casca, and Puck walk alone into the sunset (sunrise in this case).

It really could end up going the way you all predict. But it just sounds to me like it would make for TOO happy an ending.

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2001, 10:10:27 PM »

If Griffith has a new Taka no dan, perhaps Guts will as well.

I think I already said that, but Miura explained that the manga will now be about Guts as an indiviudal VS Griffith as a group.

Also, a few years ago, he said that even if Guts had new allies, they wouldn't be new "Hawk Soldiers". Guts' "Hawk Soldiers days" are supposed to remain "special", to keep that "sad/bitter-sweet feeling" of those things that now belong to the past.

Offline Wereallmad

• Of the Nexus
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2001, 10:21:59 PM »
I wasn't referring to a literal, new taka no dan. I just meant a group of mercinaries.

But I wasn't aware that Miura wanted Guts to take on Griffith alone.

Offline Olivier Hague

• Chairman of the Board
  • Of the Vortex
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2001, 11:34:46 PM »

I wasn't referring to a literal, new taka no dan.

Miura wasn't either. †;D
He was just talking about Guts' relations with hypothetical new allies.

I just meant a group of mercinaries.

Well, even with a different name, it'd be the same kind of thing anyway, I think?
I don't know, I can't really imagine Guts _staying_ with mercenaries he don't "like"/"care for", so?...

But I wasn't aware that Miura wanted Guts to take on Griffith alone.

He did mention the possibility of him having new allies, though...
But I don't think they will_stay_ together... They could fight Griffith (or should I say "Griffith's Empire"?) in their own way (and for their own reasons), helping Guts indirectly, for example?...

Offline Wereallmad

• Of the Nexus
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2001, 04:11:22 AM »
well, I figure you'd know better hten I would.

Offline Asir

• Of the World
  • that facil is to die, that dificil is to be born
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2001, 09:45:11 AM »
Serious very optimistic to expect that Casca itself reestablezca of its present one condition mental, the trauma that pair alone it podria to exceed with years of terapy, afther of all, its subconciente had to block all that personality its when sufrio the violation, aside from that, the present personality of Casca is extremely beautiful due to the childlike innocence in which this plunged now asi as its great present sensibility (abandonmentOf being the coarse girl strikes-face of Gatt each time that sees it :) ) ademas, was conscious that had a boy that was influenced by the strengths demoniaca and that such creatura is now Griffit as podria to try to kill its own son being cord, if is that clear, returns cord but remembers everything that have passed before recuperating its health.

you they know about this better than I, I alone speculate

than you
" Nessun Maggior Dolore che recordasi del tempo felice nella Miseria"

Offline eintrigga

• Of the Interstice
  • Today's Yamaba?
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2001, 08:45:05 PM »
personally, i think i like Casca's present state (please don't beat me up)...she seems happier (and being a nutcase does have an advantage...then again, there's the mandragora story...)

if i were Casca, i would choose to not to remember those memories...after all, being a nut case implies that the conscious rejects whatever "reality that happened"
up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, start ....sh*t!

-- Gradius III

Offline Merichan

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2001, 07:36:34 PM »
But what would happen if she did go sane again, but couldn't remember the eclips incident? It was be like "So, what have I missed?". And Guts would probably avoid it in fear of her going back to her tramitized state.
What I'm more curious about is if she DOES get cured will she cut her hair again? (I like her long hair. ^^;)
"That's a remark I don't intend to dignify with comment"  -- O Brother Where Art Thou'?

Offline Fishbomb

• Of the Nexus
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2001, 11:39:53 PM »

What I'm more curious about is if she DOES get cured will she cut her hair again? (I like her long hair. ^^;)

I hope so! She was so cute with shorter hair... *sighs longingly*

Offline Griffith

• The Millennium Falcon
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
  • My posts are better.
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2001, 12:47:31 AM »

I hope so! She was so cute with shorter hair... *sighs longingly*

And you call me hair fixated? ;)  

But I do have trouble imagining Casca with her mind and her long hair.  Her long hair and her idiocy go hand in hand for me.  Maybe that will change for me when she gets her mind back and starts kicking ass again, pretty locks flowin'.

-Griffith

• Of the Vortex
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2001, 12:57:01 AM »
long hair or short hair, its still Casca...
what a hottie... ;)

Offline Fishbomb

• Of the Nexus
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2001, 01:49:27 AM »

And you call me hair fixated? ;)

No no... I am casca fixated  ;)

Offline Merichan

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2001, 10:37:21 PM »
I dunno, "Mentally Challanged" Casca (The most pc way to put it) has her moments. I laughed in vol.18 when she's danceing in the mud with the little kids. She's so cute durring that part.
(Then again, the first thing I said after little Casca hits little Guts in vol.4 was "Aww...")
"That's a remark I don't intend to dignify with comment"  -- O Brother Where Art Thou'?