Any hope for caska

ParaParaJMo

Para Para Hawk
seeing how some people speculate berserk may end soon, do you think there is any hope of caska ever being cured of a mental shut out?? all we know is that she does have love such as that one child she had, and she recognizes who griffith is.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I have a strong feeling (note: no proof) that she will be returned to her normal state before the end of the series. I think Miura would have killed Casca off if he didnt have plan for her. Think how anticlimactic it would be without her; or even worse, with her on the short bus!!

Also, in the DC game, she is 'reawakened' for a short period of time. Miura would NOT have alluded to such a thing if it was not possible.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I really believe that Caska’s problem will be taken care of by the end of this Fairy expedition so she can take a center role in the series during Griffith’s rise. I look forward to her getting her mind back more than hearing Gaiseric’s/God Hand’s backstory.

-Griffith

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
I really believe that Caska’s problem will be taken care of by the end of this Fairy expedition so she can take a center role in the series during Griffith’s rise.  I look forward to her getting her mind back more than hearing Gaiseric’s/God Hand’s backstory.

You and me both buddy! Bring Casca back! I want to see her slap Griffith to kingdom come (she certainly could with gatts...).

A thought:

What do you all make of Casca's comment in the game? Something like: "Gutts my love, I had the strangest dream." How much will she remeber when she gets her mind back? Will the whole eclipse feel just like a bad dream? Will she remeber the people she made as friends during the time she was mad? Will she remeber Rickert taking advantage of ehr? ... *grins* just kidding there....

But really... I hope Miura doesn't make her lose her memory. I want to see her deal with what Griffith has done to her.

well what do you think will cause her to come back to reality?
do you think the elves will help with it?
almost everytime shes in danger(namely the Pagan orgy which caused the members to bite each others faces off, one of  the most disgusting displays of violence ive ever seen on paper... and the stake burning thing) shes reminded of the eclipse. what if something like that causes her to remember the eclipse again? do you think shed go retarded again?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Any hope for Casca

shes reminded of the eclipse. what if something like that causes her to remember the eclipse again? do you think shed go retarded again?
I think those are just moments of 'non-retarded-ness'. She is able to consciously be aware that the Eclipse was something that truly frightened her. If she regains her sanity, she will be able to accept that the eclipse happened, and wont have to 're-remember' it at every panel of a penis.

Fishbomb

Re: Any hope for Casca

If she regains her sanity, she will be able to accept that the eclipse happened, and wont have to 're-remember' it at every panel of a penis

My my... :-[... Walther! There are ladies present you know... ;). Penis... oh dear, I would NEVER have guessed that berserk included such smut! Now I will be forced to stop reading it and enjoying the beautifully drawn landscapes and dresses...

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I have trouble believing that she'd be cured. She'd be incapable of fighting alongside Guts OR Griffith (both sides are far too powerfull for her to keep up with, or fight against), and Caska isn't hte type to sit idly by and watch from the sidelines.

Precisely what would she do? Continue to be the damsel in distress? There's no real need for her to regain her memory if this is the case.

I'm interested in seeing what roles Farnaze, Serpico, and co. willl have. If Griffith has a new Taka no dan, perhaps Guts will as well.

Casca's recovery is the one thing I really want to see happen. I loved her character and her being like she has been for so long seems like a waste. I'm hoping when they arrive at Puck's home, something can be done about it, or at least, they'll get some clues...
Sure, I want to know what really happened with Gaiseric's empire and more about Idea and all but...c'mon ;)

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I seriously doubt that. First off. Farnaze couldn't be capable of fighting alongside Guts. However Serpico could.

If you recall, Serpico managed to end a fight with Guts in a draw.

Farnaze wounded Guts, but that doesn't really count.
Until she managed to overcome her fear "during every battle, she just stands and shakes", it's doubtful she could be of ANY use, to ANYone.

Azan on hte other hand managed to be little more then a minor inconvinience, but could possibly prove useful.

By the time Silat raided the camp of the Taka no dan, it was already apparent that Caska was incapable of fighting alongside Guts.

Basicly, to fight alongside Guts, I'd say you'd either have to be able to kill 100 armed mercinaries, multiple high-class apostles, or stand a chance against Guts himself.

Azan might be able to take out a weak apostle. He managed to fight off a hoard of of zombies, and give Guts a little shove around.

Serpico managed to stand up to Guts, on less then even terms, and come out with only a broken sword.

Caska killed a single apostle, then lost to a second one, then got gang raped by monsters. I just dunno.

she did manage to kill quite a few mercenaries when her and Guts were attacked even under some......difficult circumstances...<*ahem*>
all im saying is, she wouldnt be completly useless in a fight. she should be able to help alittle, and Guts certainly wouldnt let anything happen to her.
so i dunno, only time will tell.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I suppose. I just always pictured the very end of Berserk to be much like the end of hte video game. Their goal accomplished, Guts, Caska, and Puck walk alone into the sunset (sunrise in this case).

It really could end up going the way you all predict. But it just sounds to me like it would make for TOO happy an ending.

If Griffith has a new Taka no dan, perhaps Guts will as well.

I think I already said that, but Miura explained that the manga will now be about Guts as an indiviudal VS Griffith as a group.

Also, a few years ago, he said that even if Guts had new allies, they wouldn't be new "Hawk Soldiers". Guts' "Hawk Soldiers days" are supposed to remain "special", to keep that "sad/bitter-sweet feeling" of those things that now belong to the past.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I wasn't referring to a literal, new taka no dan. I just meant a group of mercinaries.

But I wasn't aware that Miura wanted Guts to take on Griffith alone.

I wasn't referring to a literal, new taka no dan.

Miura wasn't either.  ;D
He was just talking about Guts' relations with hypothetical new allies.

I just meant a group of mercinaries.

Well, even with a different name, it'd be the same kind of thing anyway, I think?
I don't know, I can't really imagine Guts _staying_ with mercenaries he don't "like"/"care for", so?...

But I wasn't aware that Miura wanted Guts to take on Griffith alone.

He did mention the possibility of him having new allies, though...
But I don't think they will_stay_ together... They could fight Griffith (or should I say "Griffith's Empire"?) in their own way (and for their own reasons), helping Guts indirectly, for example?...

Asir

that facil is to die, that dificil is to be born
Serious very optimistic to expect that Caska itself reestablezca of its present one condition mental, the trauma that pair alone it podria to exceed with years of terapy, afther of all, its subconciente had to block all that personality its when sufrio the violation, aside from that, the present personality of Caska is extremely beautiful due to the childlike innocence in which this plunged now asi as its great present sensibility (abandonmentOf being the coarse girl strikes-face of Gatt each time that sees it :) ) ademas, was conscious that had a boy that was influenced by the strengths demoniaca and that such creatura is now Griffit as podria to try to kill its own son being cord, if is that clear, returns cord but remembers everything that have passed before recuperating its health.

you they know about this better than I, I alone speculate

than you

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
personally, i think i like Caska's present state (please don't beat me up)...she seems happier (and being a nutcase does have an advantage...then again, there's the mandragora story...)

if i were Caska, i would choose to not to remember those memories...after all, being a nut case implies that the conscious rejects whatever "reality that happened"

Merichan

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
But what would happen if she did go sane again, but couldn't remember the eclips incident? It was be like "So, what have I missed?". And Gatts would probably avoid it in fear of her going back to her tramitized state.
What I'm more curious about is if she DOES get cured will she cut her hair again? (I like her long hair. ^^;)

Fishbomb

What I'm more curious about is if she DOES get cured will she cut her hair again? (I like her long hair. ^^;)

I hope so! She was so cute with shorter hair... *sighs longingly*

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I hope so! She was so cute with shorter hair... *sighs longingly*
And you call me hair fixated? ;)

But I do have trouble imagining Caska with her mind and her long hair. Her long hair and her idiocy go hand in hand for me. Maybe that will change for me when she gets her mind back and starts kicking ass again, pretty locks flowin'.

-Griffith

Merichan

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I dunno, "Mentally Challanged" Caska (The most pc way to put it) has her moments. I laughed in vol.18 when she's danceing in the mud with the little kids. She's so cute durring that part.
(Then again, the first thing I said after little Caska hits little Gatts in vol.4 was "Aww...")

Top Bottom