Any hope for caska

ParaParaJMo

Para Para Hawk
But if she did come out of her mental condition. More and likley she will be rusted for her skills. And plus I don't think she would be that strong compared to Gatts fighting. Seeing how much he has improved since then.

Well, what I actually meant by that was that my friend and I were discussing the anime a few days ago. The subject of Caska's constant endangerment of being raped came up. I mean, for most of the show, she's always under threat of rape from Adon and his army. There was also the scene of when she and Griffith first met and the infamous Eclipse rape by Femto. Post-eclipse, I come to learn, is still somewhat the same for her, if less severe. Traveling with prostitutes and being kidnapped for an orgy, ect... I agree she's a great character and certainly much more than just a constant rape victim, but I'll be damned if the creator of the manga doesn't have fun making her go through all these constant sexual harrassments. It's probably more of a device to make Gatt's and Caska's life together more tragic. But, I'll be damned if Gatt's life hasn't been fucked up enough. He's probably the MOST tragic fictional character I've ever known.

Z

Zion

The fact of the matter is that Caska will not be "returned to normal" until Guts has overcome everything that Miura wants him to. She is the main driving force for Guts ( yah so are the other members of the band but be real-she's the main push). If anything Miura will kill her off in a rather "bad" way to empower gats to even greater ends- which would suck because I like her pre-crazy character.
As to what she will remember...the less the better for her. But I cannot say how much she should remember.

Diehard, I don't think that it's just Casca who has a problem with worrying about rape. Almost the entire female cast of berserk has had problems along those lines. Casca's the only main female character we have, but... Well, someone attempts to rape Jill at least once (maybe twice, depending on what the motivations of those soldiers who first captured her were... at least that one guy... ^_^;) Charlotte's own father attempts to rape her, although she whups his ugly old ass. ^_^ Some possessed demon animal (a horse I think? I forget?) tries to rape Farnese after Gatts escapes with her hostage.
Even Gatts, Mr Big Tough Sword Swingin Demon Slayin Baddass himself was raped as a child. So.... I'd say that it's not just Casca's life but the entire series that's running on this theme. Not too surprising considering the "quality" individuals that populate midland though... ^_^;;;

puella

Berserk forever
by the way, where is Caska from?
I mean her race exactly.
She looks like Moor or Asian(especially middle east) from her tawny skin. I think her dark skin makes her so pretty and sexy in the manga. Caska is definitely one of unique devices by Miura.
I've never seen heroine with that skin in any kind of works though.
Oh yeah Verdi's Aida is an exception.
think about it. how many times a blonde with blue eyes has occupied the heroine in manga, cinema, literature....etc.
However i think Caska's personality is too typiclal compared to her appearance.
If i were a mangaka, i would create a female character who's never been existed in the world. too scary?

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
Caska is a awesome character. The thing about her that I like is that she have strong mind and she doesn't take shit from anybody. More girls should be like that. I'm sure if she regain her sanity, she will be still be strong person, dispite everything that happen to her.

What I don't like is the bad things that happen to her. She represent everything that is good in the Berserk world and when some motherfucker tries to mess with her, its like a slap in the face. If Muira have her killed, I'll bet some die hard fan will try to kill him.

Is it me or did anyone notise her arcobatic fighting style?. Where did she learn to do that stuff?

aquarake

8-bit Wizard
Since this is my first post on this BB (and any Beserk BB) I would just like to say what's up to everybody here.

As for the question of Caska getting her regaining her sanity..... I think she will. But if anything that this series has showed us, it's that Gat's is to be fucked over no matter what. So I do envision a happy time for him no matter what.

Caska truely is the driving force behind him and what he does. Sure, the death of the hawks (his friends) plays a part, but not as big as Caska's. Remember.... Griffith is back. Not Femto (or whatever his name was), but Griffith (or at least what appears to be Griffith). Caska (along with the rest of the Hawks) did have an unfaltering faith in him. Watch Caska come back and not remember what happened to her and go take a place by Griffith's side. Or worse yet, she could only remember something terrible that happened to her and she blames Gats for it. Truely, how fucked up would it be if she fought at the side of Griffith. The whole time Griffith would be misleading her memorys and her emotions. Gats role to protect Caska would take a whole new meaning.

The romantic in me hopes for a better happening. Caska's mind shut down because of the trauma of what happened. So I think that only something just as traumatic should snap her out of it. Like I don't know...... Maybe have Gats get tortured or almost killed infront of her. Maybe something like playing a human shield to protect her from whatever and have him get truely fucked up in the process. She loves him and that would have to have some sourght of effect. Maybe it would not completely snap her out of it, but it could start the road to recovery. But then again, that 's just the romantic in me...... :D

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
seeing how some people speculate berserk may end soon, do you think there is any hope of caska ever being cured of a mental shut out?? all we know is that she does have love such as that one child she had, and she recognizes who griffith is.

I've always had the question of "can Casca be cured?" on my mind for a while. I mean she's not under a spell or cursed. So it's not one of those "by a wave of my wand" easy fix problems. I mean how can you cure rape?

Although we would all like to see caska back to normal...i would rather her stay in her catotonic state...it suits her better...woman doesnt know when to shut up

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Don’t let it bother you Puella, some men feel threatened by a strong woman. ;)

-Griffith

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
But why does  everyone want Caska healed? She is much more interesting how she is.Warrior women are undersold at two cents by the dozen. Besides if she is cured everyone should stop to torture himself with the doubt : will she ever be cured or not?It will be the end of topics like this. Boring do not you think? ;D

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
I think if Caska is going to be cure, something shocking must happen in the future to trigger back her memories. There been cases when a insane person must experience something similar that trigger their insantity before they become sane.

puella

Berserk forever
But why does  everyone want Caska healed? She is much more interesting how she is.Warrior women are underselled at two cents by the dozen. Besides if she is cured everyone should stop to torture himself with the doubt : will she ever be cured or not?It will be the end of topics like this. Boring do not you think? ;D
agree but my thought is sorta different.
emm, if Caska regained, the story couldn't be developed well.
Oh, I don't even want to iamgine. :-/
I said this too much before, so I won't reiterate.
Because if I did, I should run as hell.

**Anyway, I think it is one of good plots to make Caska insane after eclipse.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
emm, if Caska regained, the story couldn't be developed well.
BITTER RESPONSE: Couldn’t be developed well into what, a stagnant mess? HA!

Now that I’ve vented…

A More Thoughtful Reply: But Casca regaining her sanity would be a humongous story development in itself; it would open so many doors, the entire dynamic of the series would change just as it did when Griffith was reborn, the possibilities are endless.

**Anyway, I think it is one of good plots to make Caska insane after eclipse.
I agree with you there, I wouldn’t change it, but I do think it will eventually run it’s course and become a limiting factor rather than an effective plot device.

-Griffith

puella

Berserk forever
A More Thoughtful Reply: But Casca regaining her sanity would be a humongous story development in itself; it would open so many doors, the entire dynamic of the series would change just as it did when Griffith was reborn, the possibilities are endless.
yup, Griffith you're right. I didn't express my opinion in detail.
I mean Caska shouldn't regain too early(?) in the story or totally remain sane after eclipse.
Besides it is very important that she has and gives many possibilities.

and you guys, envy me!!
I'm on new year's holidays for five days!!!! :p

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
BITTER RESPONSE: Couldn’t be developed well into what, a stagnant mess? HA!

Now that I’ve vented…

I agree with you there, I wouldn’t change it, but I do think it will eventually run it’s course and become a limiting factor rather than an effective plot device.

-Griffith
;)

Virtigo

Respect brings honor as honor brings respect
Hey, I've been comming to this site for over a year reading everypost following every detail of berserk, my knowledge is up to par with you all. First post so I will let er rip!

I have watched a good amount of anime and read a plethora of manga, as well all know anime has this uniqueness, being that it sometimes does not end the way we want! Escaflowne for example! I DID NOt WANT IT TO END THAT WHY! but it did! With that said...

Berserk is my fav. anime of all time, no one has a plot, charactors, or swords (teehee) as diverse and amazing as berserk does. I cant not, repeat CANNOT invision the story without caska cured and fighting next to gatt's to over throw griffith's evil kingdom, you all underesitmate caska and her abilities, just as i think caska underestimates her own abilities. Caska back if the day of Taka no dan fought for Griffith, but I believe that she never really love him as just was cought up from when she was saved by him. Our protagonist, Major Gutt's, and slowly build a relation ship with caska, one of love! the thing she never really had to griffith.

I like the idea of her snapping out of it by gatts getting the f*cking crap beat out of him before she picks up a sword and slays the everliving bejesus out of... lets say on of Griffth's new apostle warriors! Or the the "faries" can heal her (meh, kinda weak but I would not care how she comes back)

Caska running around like a retard is so disenheartening, gatts and caska have killed and gone through so much and to have something like love is a treasure like an "Egg of the King". (ooo meta-4). Because of this love Caska will be beside Gatts to not only give him another reason to fight but to also take her revenge on the sick sadistic bastard that is GIFFITHHHHH!!!!

Love is extreamly powerful, the big titted god hand said it her self during the eclipse "Love, passion, hate, envy, pain, its all here" First word = "love" even the God hands know of its power!

And if someone responds to this post with "whats love got to do with it?" I guess I would have to laugh!

SO! to wrap it all up, for the romantics out there IM WITH YOU, Caska needs to snap out of it kill some f*cking ppl and have mad bunny sex with gatts and make little Gatt's and Gattsas. OR EVERWAY out there become King and Queen of Midland (Miro dont do that it would be way to corney)!

Thanks guys! Virtigo -- out

Top Bottom