Any hope for caska

Frogacuda

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Am I the only one who thinks that Berserk will almost surely end with Gatts (I'm not calling him Guts :p) death? I mean the whole series is about Gatts' constant struggle basically fighting a one man war. I think Miura makes it pretty clear that this is not the righteous path. Griffith says that the Hawks are not his freinds. They are people who risk their lives to help Griffith acheive his dream. So are his enemies. In his encounter with Idea we see this layed out so beatifully. These people have been willing to die to see him acheive his goal. He has killed many to reach his dream. Why are the Hawks any different?
When you follow the progression of Griffith's mind, especialy after the squire boy incident, this rationality is pretty easy to follow. And yet I think we can all see that it is fundementally wrong. Thing is, that through his admiration for Griffith, Gatts takes a similar position. Even after the eclipse, Gatts still seems to fight for a dream. Revenge, or perhaps for Casca. He kills all who stand in his way. This is where the beast comes into play. The more Gatts continues to live like this the less he cares about how he gets what he wants. When the beast posesses him he tries to take Caska. In order for Gatts to overcome his beast, I think he needs to stop fighting. He needs to not become like Griffith. I think when he finally does this he will be allowed to die. That has been the one thing Gatts has been unable to do through the entire series. As an infant, as a homeless child in the wilderness, as a soldier, and as the branded Swordsman. I can't think of any other well suited ending to the series.

Loomer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
hello Iam new here ,but my thoughts on her gaining her
sanity is
Guts will die and she will awaken when hes dying ,the story could never end happy ,only tragic

[I want a Berserk Season 2 ANime!!!!! ^_^]

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Frogacuda: Yeah, I agree with you there. It seems quite likely, that unless Gatts (I don't go for Guts either *grins*) learns how to move on, he will eventually die.

I think the interesting part is that if Gatts and Griffith continues to paralell each other's fates (Gatts is now going through hos own 'femto' period) none of them will most likely see the end. Because they both lack the ability to adapt, and to forgive. Nope, my prediction is an ever spiraling cycle of violence and betrayals until all that's left at the end is Casca, hopefully sound of mind, hopefully able to stand on her own two feet for the first time...

and I'm betting pregnant as well.... the end.

*laughs* but I like Miura, he will surprise me again, so who the hell knows? Happy end? I think not. Probably one as bittersweet as rea life...

Welcome by the way!!

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
I think he needs to stop fighting. He needs to not become like Griffith. I think when he finally does this he will be allowed to die. That has been the one thing Gatts has been unable to do through the entire series. As an infant, as a homeless child in the wilderness, as a soldier, and as the branded Swordsman. I can't think of any other well suited ending to the series.
The minute he stops fighting he is dead and on his way to hell.This is not about morals, is about survival, mere survival.
Personally I don't see Gatsu (I called him with his Italian name finally) like a quitter. In fact his entire life was, and if he is true to his name, will be to his last instant, a costant fight. He is a FIGHTER to the core, and this is the reason I love him.

Will he die at the end? perhaps, perhaps not, anyway I am sure he will make me proud to have known him. And first, I am also sure, he will stop that devil incarnate who answers to the name of Griffith and that it was the bane of his existence, since the moment the two met.To wit: he dragged him so down like to kill a child. I hope nobody forget, even if I don't see that episode mentioned often.
And that will happen when he will see Griffith for that he really is.

About Caska, she is the subject of this topic after all, if I was her, I would not be the least happy to "awaken" with that brand on my body and I would prefer to sink, again, in my blissful uncosciousness.
Furthermore, I can be wrong, but perhaps I see the reason Miura has undergone so great pain to make her what she is now and, if I am right, I like the possible final chapter.

Gael

Angry? i thought this is how every one smiles?
Guts only has one challenge left after he beats Griffith, to live a life that is not ruled by the sword. I think that is the only thing he can never acheive.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
Guts only has one challenge left after he beats Griffith, to live a life that is not ruled by the sword. I think that is the only thing he can never acheive.
not at least because of the brand...

I think the idea of Casca recovering her old self goes a lot deeper than just her role in the story. To me, the question is... how is her current state affecting Gatts, and how will it continue to affect him if she doesn't recover?
This entire situation is becoming a strain on Gatts that is just too much for him to bear. The demonic beast, revealing his darkest inner feelings, has shown this all too clearly. Gatts has done an amazing job dealing with Casca's mental state and proven himself to be a strong and loyal lover on top of everything else, but in the end, I know that he can't handle this situation forever. He's only human.
Casca HAS to recover, in my opinion, because of this. He can't go on dragging her across midland indefinately. Something is eventually going to snap, if it hasn't already. If she doesn't recover, I hate to see what's going to result. I'm afraid if this situation goes on too much longer, it's going to be the end of both of them, especially considering Gatts' emotional state as of late... If he's not already convinced that he's a monster, and if he keeps having to drag Casca around with him, and if he makes a decision or does a horrible thing based entirely in his own mind without any demonic influence, it could destroy any connection between them, and any confidence Gatts has in his own goodness...

ARHicks00

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
From what I can conclude from Walter's take on the Manga. Gatsu may end up slaying Caska in order to stop Griffith. Why? Because Caska is the one preventing Gatsu from actually slaying Griffith. I think Griffith has done what he has done to keep Gatsu at bay, but once Gatsu realizes that he may have to sacrifice Caska in order to kill Griffith. Even if he doesn't, Miura, MAY have it were Caska dies soon after Gatsu slay Griffith. :'(

Most likely, Farnese will become his new love interest and by final battle, she will probably gain the courage to fight allow side him.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Wow man. You really need to read the current chapters. If thats what you took from my summaries, I really need to rewrite them.

Casca isnt the only thing stopping Guts from Girffith. Shes one of them. Guts would like to believe that he could just go and kick the shit out of Griff if Casca wasn't in the way, but Griffiths big ass apostle army would say otherwise.

Farneeze his new love interest? Seriously... You should read the current chapters. Thats just not going to happen.

ARHicks00

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hey, I'm very aware of the apostles, but I was indicating Gatsu not being able to attack Griffith without the protest of Caska who is psychically attached to Griffith. Who's to say that psychic link isn't strong enough to end her lifeforce if Griffith dies.

As for Farneeze, I was just stating a possibility. Can't a man dream? :p

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I am not liking anything the situation of Caska in the history, it is depressing for a woman that was a commandant, to pass for so many ridiculous things, with child's way. She should already have returned to the normal, and to struggle beside Gatts, as Farneze and the others are doing. Instead of that it is the whole time being kidnapped and being rapists' victim. I was happy when she killed those 3 filthy thieves, it seemed that will recover the memory on that moment! But it was not what I thought, I eat if it was not enough, own Gatts, tries to finish what the thieves began. Do I hope is not long plus, how is it already delaying the trip for the earth of the fairies, but the subject? What the fairies be able to do for her? Does Gatts just go you leave her there and ready?

Nadiaska >:(

Gael

Yeh, i think it is about time that Caska came back, it will add a really different and interesting edge to find out what she has to say and how she acts with Gatsu and Griffith. Bu ti think she is not going to come back until either her or Gatsu is about to die.
Still we can only hope Muria goes for something different and gets her back early.

D

Drachenfels

Miura is too horny to let her old slef come back. Every volume seems to need a nearly-rape of Caska.

Gael

well they could always let Caska come back and let Flora get raped every episode she HAS been getting off pretty light........

shiz

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Heres something.. The egg gives them thier wish.
Gatts may sacrifice himself to give caska back her memory.

Or he may sacrifice caska to kill griffith.

He may become the thing he hates the most.

gattsu

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
it might fit into gutts tragic fate - caska will reawake - but gutts will die - so he'll never enjoy the real taste of love and life.
The end of the story will surely satisfy us - but it won't be a happy end...not at all...
that's what I think.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
it might fit into gutts tragic fate - caska will reawake - but gutts will die - so he'll never enjoy the real taste of love and life.
The end of the story will surely satisfy us - but it won't be a happy end...not at all...
that's what I think.

Yeah, so far Berserk doesn't seem to be headed for a happy ending. But if anyone deserves one, it's Guts and Casca. :)

As for Casca herself, I really hope she gets her sanity back sometime soon so that she can add a new dimension to the plot. The turmoil her "return" would cause would definitely add even more depth to the plot.

G

Gechmir

eintrigga: Heh. I hear ya there =P *LOL* No offense to Caska, but her snapping at Gutts often annoys me sometimes =| It'd be nice if she got back to normal and didn't wander off so much though...

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
I really want Caska back. I do. Every time I think about what her mental state is now, I have to stifle a scream.

But its heartbreaking for me. Its bad enough that Guts has lost all his friends, and is almost insane for revenge against the one man who meant more to him than anything. But its the fact that he can be so close to the one he loves so dearly, but for her to just giggle and drool like a child. That just takes the cake, for me anyway. Its the twig that breaks my heart.

I loved her sane character, the way she wouldn't take any shit from anyone. I liked the way, when those sickos pinned her down and cut open her shirt when Guts was fighting a hundred men, that she actually fought back and puts out one of their eyes.

So, in my opinion, she has to get sane. Miura has used her as a plot device for far too long now. Looking at it from a profitable way, imagine how many Berserk fans would flock to buy the chapter of Caska gettting sane. Jesus, it would be phenomenal.

There are many other reasons I could list, but I just got up so... :-X

puella

Berserk forever
I think insane Caska is as important as her former-self.
In addition, I don't think Miura makes her remain insane too long.
Think about how many plot-developments have been made thanks to her insanity.

Her insanity makes

1) Demon child survived not being crushed by Guts
2) 1) leads to Griffith's rebirth
3) Guts meets new members of his troop
4) Elfheim!!!
5) Guts realizes his true feeling for Griffith

etc, etc....
IMO, Many story settings relating to her insanity still remain in the future so she can't get back her sanity so easily and early.
In short, not that I don't want Caska regain herself, but that it needs much more time, I mean "not yet"
Or, it is also possible that she'll never be able to do it.

**Suppose she gets back her fomerself as you wish, would her role be bigger or more important than now? just wondering... ::)

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
Or, it is also possible that she'll never be able to do it.

NO!

I don't even want to think about that!

You do have a point though, Puella. Just a question... why does Caska being insane make Guts realise his true feeling for Griffith?

puella

Berserk forever
NO!

I don't even want to think about that!
I'd thought that if she is supposed not to regain herself forever, Miura wouldn't make her insane after the eclipse. but who knows?

You do have a point though, Puella. Just a question... why does Caska being insane make Guts realise his true feeling for Griffith?
umm, it's sorta hard to say.
Guts has been confused between two choices: protect and stay with his insane and helpless girl or keep going on his revenge on Griffith. His alternative is to go on his journey of revenge after taking his girl to the safest(supposedly) place in the world. Going along with Caska, he gets to realize how deeply he is related to Griffith. it is not only a feeling of grudge or hatred.
I mean Griffith is more important to Guts than Caska though it's not fully clarified. and considering chapter 190, when Guts tried to rape Caska, he talks to himself again and again "I can do IT like Griffith." what do you think of these words?
I could be wrong on this matter. somebody corrects me or give me different point of view.

Top Bottom