Ōkami

Psymont 2.0 said:
i am about 3hrs into the game and am starting to go nuts from the "voices" they use in the game... the brush is unique, gimmicky... the cell shading is a little rough on purpose i imagine... the music is quite nice, traditional oriental... they have a full screen filter on the whole time that makes the whole game look like it being played on a piece of paper; i dig that... but the annoying voices are just to much

Gimmicy? Nearly every element of the game is based on this "gimmic", it is the game in a lot of ways, hardly a lame gimmic.

Oh and as to the closing of CLover studios, it should be noted that both Hideki Kamiya and Inaba have left Capcom. Rumors are they might start up a new studio themselves. Shinji MIkami did stay Capcom though.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
HawaiianStallion said:
Gimmicy? Nearly every element of the game is based on this "gimmic", it is the game in a lot of ways, hardly a lame gimmic.

Oh and as to the closing of CLover studios, it should be noted that both Hideki Kamiya and Inaba have left Capcom. Rumors are they might start up a new studio themselves. Shinji MIkami did stay Capcom though.

I think Mikami had already left Capcom and had started his own company early this year.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Ōkami: A pure joy to play.

I just finished the game and I cannot express how content I am right now.

It was an excellent game throughout, and it might be the first game to actually make me laugh this much. The ending is something everyone who is trudging through it will love, and even though Clover is going down the swanny, a sequel is implied right at the end. Speaking of the end, this game might have the best credit role I have ever seen. One other thing... the ending gives you a pretty good hint at who the narrator is for this. I have my own speculation, naturally...

[hide]None other than The Almight Issun from the Valley of Sakuya's chest![/hide]

For those who are curious, there is a Clear Data save. You start the game up with all the money you collected, all the Stray Beads, all the weapons (with the exception of the last three from each category) and you also unlock different models for Ammy! I must say, I love flying around the fields as Kuroi Ammy =)

I thouroughly enjoyed Ōkami and I will be playing it for many years to come. Please, all of you who bought it, be sure to make the most of games like this one. Such a rare gem is unlikely to emerge for some time. Here's to dreaming of Clovers Rebirth!

CnC

Ad Oculos
man... I really want to play this game... I just have no frickin' time.

I got MGS3 like a month ago and its just been sitting on the PS2. That should give an image of how behind I am with the games. Ugh.

Darn freelance work :guts:

But anyway, while its a shame to hear the game didn't do well I'm sure that even if the team doesn't stay together they will have no problem finding work...

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
CnC said:
man... I really want to play this game...  I just have no frickin' time.

I got MGS3 like a month ago and its just been sitting on the PS2.  That should give an image of how behind I am with the games.  Ugh.

Hey don't feel bad I have the same problem. I still haven't completely finished Metal Gear Solid 3 or Devil May Cry 3. (That game is tough!) I still haven't completed games that I bought years ago like Fatal Frame 2 and a slew of handhelds. But I just started playing Shenmue so I'm making some headway!Hey, professional guys like us have to prioritize! But then I get in trouble because games and manga are more fun than work.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Well, I went out and bought it.

I may not have the time to play it for another week but at least I did my part for the cause :troll:

March of Flames

Love Is Vengeance.
I know this topic isn't very popular but I was wondering how many of you beat the game? It's an amazing game, I can't think of anything negative to say about it. The ending was great and getting 100% feels like a big achievement (catching the super rare fish, getting all the stray beads, all animals to 100%, etc). I wish it would have sold better because it deserves to be labeled as a Greatest Hit. I'm glad it won some "Best Game of the Year" awards, that makes me happy.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Okami, huh? I'm glad this topic got revived because I just got a chance to play this baby a few weeks ago. I must say that I am very impressed with the game, beautiful music and scenery, and the gameplay is quite nice. I'm going to give it Handsome's "Shadow of the Colossus" award for 2006, because not many people I know have played this game and they damn well should!

March of Flames

Love Is Vengeance.
The scenery, music, and story is just so epic compared to a lot of games that have been released over the years. Shadow of the Colossus at least got a Greatest Hits label (which it rightfully deservered) but from what I've heard Okami has only sold about 6,000 units in America. It's a shame, really.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I got Okami and I've played a bit of it. To be quite honest, its never really sank its hooks in me.

Its solid and one has to respect the art style it adheres to, but its far from addicting game play - to me.

i've been playing Okami for 38 hours now.. I've already beaten Orochi and now there is another evil force.. Yawn.. Im just playing the game to end it. :puck:
But it is very entertaining for the first 30 hours.. lol :troll:

March of Flames

Love Is Vengeance.
fuxberg said:
i've been playing Okami for 38 hours now.. I've already beaten Orochi and now there is another evil force.. Yawn.. Im just playing the game to end it. :puck:
But it is very entertaining for the first 30 hours.. lol :troll:

You're not even half way through the game yet. If you're not doing any of the sidequests (stray beads, side missions) it will cut down on your game time quite a bit. It took me 70+ hours to beat the game 100%.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
Okami is a absolute masterpiece. I just finished the game, although I was just running through and haven't got everything 100% done yet.

Unfortunately, it looks like yet another over looked masterpiece. For the life of me I don't know why things like Okami get pushed to the bottom of the pile.

I admit there's a lot of great games out there right now, but that's no excuse. I put Okami over every Zelda game out there. (with exception of Twilight Princess I haven't finished that yet so I'm reserving judgement)

What does a company have to do to launch a succesful new franchise these days!?

Oh! have loads of blood gore and some nudity. Thanks God of War. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
I know for a fact that Aaz owns the game now. We might not see quite as much of him =P

Well, unfortunately I have little free time these days, and Berserk prevails, so I'll mostly be playing Ôkami on the week ends. I've only started yesterday, played for an hour, looks good so far. :serpico:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Uriel said:
That would be fun.. but CLOVER isn't going to be very active for quite some time :troll:

true enough. But its possible capcom will see the game mechanics porting over to the wii enough to attempt to port it.

I could see that happening.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
true enough. But its possible capcom will see the game mechanics porting over to the wii enough to attempt to port it.

I could see that happening.

Yeah, and that would be a very smart move on their part. Ōkami didn't sell all that well, which is a shame, so porting to a recently released console wouldn't hurt. Of course it'd have to be $40 at the very max because it's "just" a PS2 game, but I'm willing to bet they'd sell loads of it. And it's a Zelda-like game too, very inspired by its model yet with its own spirit and originality. What better platform to sell it on? There won't be a new Zelda game on Wii for years, it would be unrivalled.

Top Bottom