Volume 23

Gael

Angry? i thought this is how every one smiles?
yeh, i finally got volume 23 in Australia, i had great picutres and i got to sort of know what is going on from this message board, i personally liked 22 much better though, any one agree?

Gael

Angry? i thought this is how every one smiles?
yes..... that MAY be true but it had cooler stuff in it......... ugh just forget the whole last posts. it had pretty pictures though right?...

puella

Berserk forever
yesterday I got Korean version of vol. 23 for free :)
The title of 190 is " a molar" and 196 " like a baby(child)" following orginal Japanese title.
Are both the same with other language titles ???
just curious....

and what does "baby" indicate? Farnese and Isidro use a word of "babysitting" relating to taking care of Caska.
So a baby means Caska or peaceful time of all the members of Guts band? I think the latter is right for 196. what do you think?

** Checking manga section here, it is "The beast hungers " for 190. personally I prefer it to "a molar" :-X

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
"Like a child" could also be Farnese's folly in getting lost. There is a reference to her past in this chapter, when she is curling up into the tree as night falls. So, while Casca is the obvious answer to the 'child', I think in this chapter, Farnese is the real child.

puella

Berserk forever
Farnese and Serpico use words of respect(honorific) toward even Puck and Isidro not to mention of Guts and Caska.
I am so impressed at it. :eek:
On the contrary, Guts always uses low forms of speech to almost everyone. I've never seen he uses honorific terms except a couple of occasions.
It's no problem with English but important to Asian people like me.

** Ack, Farnese says to Isidro without blinking an eye "Your arm should be cut off for the punishment for stealing nobles' belongings". *shudders* ;D

shogunate

Look at me!
After months of excruciating passion to read 23 I finally got to read it!! YEsss1!!!!!!!!!!! Wooohoo!! Muahahaha!! and it's in korean, so i can read it too. yay! MirC :D ROX man!

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
** Ack, Farnese says to Isidro without blinking an eye "Your arm should be cut off for the punishment for stealing nobles' belongings". *shudders*  ;D

Really?? When did she say that?

In Isidro's defense:

He looks squarely at Farneze and says

"Stealing? Stealing! Some of those nobles hung innocent people, even women and children outside the castle walls. What punishment should they receive!??"

Ofcourse he never said that, but it would be sorta true and a cool retort.

puella

Berserk forever
Really?? When did she say that?
when she gets Isdro running away with her belongings in ch.190

In Isidro's defense:

He looks squarely at Farneze and says

"Stealing? Stealing! Some of those nobles hung innocent people, even women and children outside the castle walls. What punishment should they receive!??"

Ofcourse he never said that, but it would be sorta true and a cool retort.
oh, quite good~
Actually he retorts "this is why I hate nobles" "you say such horrible words so easily!!!"

Vermillion

oh, quite good~
Actually he retorts "this is why I hate nobles" "you say such  horrible words so easily!!!"

lol!! I was watching Braveheart at the time I posted that and I couldnt resist using what William Wallace said to the princess of Wales.

puella

Berserk forever
I found out some funny mistake in vol.23.
definitely, it's no big deal, I can give Miura a break but just makes my day :D
it's some kind of magic?

wrong2.jpg

wrong.jpg

wrong3.jpg

wrong4.jpg

Vermillion

Wow! Good attention to detail!

Makes yah wonder just who's in charge of the continuity department, that person needs to be more attentive :p

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
There's one like that in the Eclipse, I think. I don't actually have the manga, (I downloaded it) but y'know when the Brand strikes Caska? There is a blackened mark on her armour. However, when she gets gang-raped by the demons, and they rip away her breastplate, the mark is gone, I think. Its been a while since I saw it.

Top Bottom