White knight story

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
Warning, a future nuclear bomb will be launched by level 5 on ps3 : White knight story.

It's a RPG, the fights will be like in ff12, direct encounters with the enemies without any loading. And you control one of the 3 characters on screen.
The hero has got the capacity to transform into a giant white knight with or without an armored horse.
A lot of capacities are unlockable and there are combos too.
The bosses are HUGE like in Shadow of the Colossus.

Here's a trailer in HD quality, enjoy ^^
http://www.playfrance.com/news-tgs-2006-white-knight-story-s-offre-un-trailer.html

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Visually, this game looks incredible.

The battle engine seems to be fairly standard, with the exception of the blocking and parrying movements. It's definitely a step in the right direction for Next-Gen RPG's. I, personally, was really excited when I saw screens for this game but seeing the game in motion took me by suprise. It is similar to Final Fantasy XII, only with PS3 capabilities. That's a very good thing in my book!

Thank you for the HQ video, Pesmerga! This was a good start to my day :guts:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Looks impressive graphically, and they managed to pull off the aging fantasy setting without looking too cheap.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I was embarassed to be watching this. But yeah, the graphics are "good" (ridiculous). Looks WAY too overdesigned to me though. Are they really going to be chattering like that in every enemy encounter? That would get old very quickly.

It just seems like a waste of time to detail a world as generic as this game is looking right now. MEGA TRANSFORM! SUPER WHITE KNIGHT MODE! Great... Will he have to find the four other pieces of his Knight form (2 arms and legs) to transform into MEGA HYPER KNIGHT MODE?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Finally watched this. Looks good, although it didn't strike me as incredible compared to some other titles. On the other hand, the gameplay and setting look pretty conventional, even boring to me. The white knight boy fights the evil black knights that attacked his village, aided by his childhood girlfriend and a mysterious guy that acts as his mentor at the beginning? Reminds me of Lunar: The Silver Star...

I'm sure it'll turn out to be good, but right now I'm more interested in FFXIII's premise, sad as it is.

Pesmerga

The battle will certainly become more interesting after, the most important thing for the battle system is winning abilities. With these abilities the character will become more and more complete,
And you can chain the abilities together and do combos the way you want.
No more menus like : Attack/Magic/Item.
Each ability/action must be assigned to a specific button. And there is timing like in Vagrant Story. But the most interesting part of the game wasn't shown in the video, the next boss seems to be HUGE and the city is very very big.

From what I've seen of FFXIII, it will be the same thing except there is a classical menu like other ff and the abilities will be selectable via menu and chaining one with the others.

But yeah for the world of the 2 games it's different ^^

CnC

Ad Oculos
The graphics are, indeed, impressive.

But the content? Kid with magic gauntlet with girlfriend (no affection will be tolerated) and mentor battle black knights and monsters? Kid gains ability to transform into a giant robot/knight/gundam/evangelion?

I think you can hear every japanese guy blow their load all at once.

Pesmerga

CnC said:
Kid gains ability to transform into a giant robot/knight/gundam/evangelion?

personally i think this is really greater than gundam or evangelion ^^

72975454vi3.jpg

3198pm6.jpg

CnC

Ad Oculos
Pesmerga said:
personally i think this is really greater than gundam or evangelion ^^

my point being that saying the giant humanoid in japanese media is overdone would be the understatement of the century.

But that said I like the concept art a lot. While, the second concept pic is an amalgamation of already existant RPG elements, that first pic is killer :guts:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I pretty much agree with everything negative said about this trailer. The character and world design kind of reminded me of Final Fantasy Tactics if it was way overdone, everything else reminded me of crap.

Top Bottom