Will Guts survive?

Gael

Angry? i thought this is how every one smiles?
hey every one, i was just wondering if any one here belevies that Guts will survive to the end of Berserk?
seems like with the way things are going he doesn't stand much of a chance.
I'm not even sure if he will be able to defeat Griffith.....

Miura said that Berserk will have a "happy ending," right? the only (or one of) roads to happiness for Guts is through death, or in his case, "release." No longer will he have to struggle every day against the demons from within and without (?). And no longer must he be burdened by his intense feelings of revenge and Casca.

itd be a satisfying ending, to me anyway.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
As long as Guts and Casca are branded, the best ending Berserk can have is bittersweet (since, ya know, eternal damnation in hell awaits them).

-Griffith

bakaneko

Current favorite character : Tohru Honda
IMO I am hoping for (probably not happening) Gatts offing Griffith and live in the Elf forest with everyone and have Caska reproduce the Hawk's army :) (kidding about the army part...). This is IF nothing happens to the Elf forest..it seems just too easy to be able to get away from the brand eh?

Another ending I am hoping which will most likely not happen is for the God Hand to be completely destroyed- that will "release" Gatts and Caska...

now the hard question is what will Gatts OCCUPATION be to support his family hmm?

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
caska and guts ,both will survive and god hand will fall!!!!

...call it a dream of a insane optimist! ::)

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
caska and guts ,both will survive and god hand will fall!!!!

...call it a dream of a insane optimist! ::)

caska won't survive . her death will trigger that kind of emotion for guts that makes it possible for him to finally defeat griffith.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
caska won't survive . her death will trigger that kind of emotion for guts that makes it possible for him to finally defeat griffith.

what makes you so sure Guts would kill Griffith? and if Caska were killed by the god hand, wouldn't griffith want to kill them?

puella

Berserk forever

I have two thoughts of Caska's death in the end.
One of them is the same as trapped_soul's and the other is:
Guts shouldn't lead a happy life with anyone if he destroys Griffith. Many people say "he deserves it" but my take on that is sorta different.
I don't think it makes sense that Guts has a happy life after defeating Griffith. I think it is even unfair. He should lose the most precious one to him at the price of destroying Griffith, in my humble opinion.
Just think about it, Guts has something left in the end while Griffith has nothing left. does it fit into berserk?
Guts should remain all alone(only with Puck, more exactly ^_^)having done with Griffith.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
once I thought so.
I have two thoughts of Caska's death in the end.
One of them is the same with trapped_soul's and the other is:
Guts shouldn't lead a happy life with anyone after he destroys Griffith. Many people say "he deserves it" but my take on that is sorta different.
I don't think it makes sense that Guts has a happy life after defeating Griffith. I think it is even unfair. He should lose the most precious one to him at the price of destroying Griffith, in my humble opinion.
Just think about it, Guts has something left in the end while Griffith has nothing left. does it fit into berserk?
Guts should remain all alone(only with Puck, more exactly ^_^)having done with Griffith.

IMHO that's one of your best posts _ever_!!

your alternative ending is exactly the same as mine. i don't think Guts is gonna live happily together with caska after the final battle (or duel?). That sounds like the ending of a fairy-tale. it's just not fitting IMO.

bakaneko

Current favorite character : Tohru Honda
I think Gatts deserves the happy ending (even though it might not come true) because he had to spend so many hell like years fighting off attackers just because of Griffith got his dream. deep inside I think Gatts has a dream too.. and that is avenge his comrades and live happily with Caska, that IMO is not too much of a dream to ask than wanting a kingdom/castle.... and I sincerely believes that he will have his dream come true too.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
deep inside I think Gatts has a dream too.. and that is avenge his comrades and live happily with Caska, that IMO is not too much of a dream to ask than wanting a kingdom/castle.... and I sincerely believes that he will have his dream come true too.
The funny thing is, when Guts was pondering his life and dreams during the days of the Hawks, he once thought that his dream was in swinging his sword...
So, in some farked-up sense, that dream has already come true, hasn't it... o_o; He's been swinging his sword all night long for *how* many years now? Poor fella.

the_squonk

bwahahahahahaha !
Hum, i can't believe what Miura wil make a happy end.
That is not coherent with the rest of the story.
I think what Gatsu will die to the end.
Miura is a very wicked man(and he hate is personage :p)

Wyld

Now all I need is a cannon and a stupid fairy to f
Ok enough of this I will tell you the ending....

Gatts finnaly kills the new band of the hawks by himself and finnaly gets ready to fight Griffith. Gatts knows if he fight Griffith fairly he will lose because Griffith got demon powers and stuff. Anyway, Gatts gets ready to attack him, but Zodd gets in the way and protects Griffith. The fight starts with Zodd quickly going into apostle form. Gatts quickly plays Dead preteading he died of a heart attack.
Zodd being the idiot that he is goes over to Gatts body and talks stuff about the ultimate strong one(you know the usual Zodd speak). Gatts sees the chance and quickly shoot Zodd in the head with the cannon instantly killing him. Now its back to Griffith and Gatts. Gatts thinks of a plan. He yells " Griffith look their is your dream it has come true" while he points behind Griffith. Griffith turns around and Gatts cuts him in half with the Dragonslayer. Gatts than steals his behliet and somehow make god hand appear.
He first goes after the apostle who is always holding his hands toghter. Gatts pulls his hands apart and the fat bastard dies. He cuts the other fat bastard in half too. He rapes the stupid lady driving her insane like Casca. He disctracts Void while skullknight stabs him from behind. After its all done Gatts, Skullknight and the crew celebrate by eating behliets. And they all live happily ever after Till..... Gatts went berserk and killed them all and killed himself.

The End

Note: none of this will ever come true and if it does Ill be damned!

TheMindzeye

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Caska will most likely die at the hands of Griffith or one of the new Hawks pushing Guts over the edge. Guts loses his last waning sense of humanity and finally laments to the Beast killing everone and everything. Even though Griffith dies he comes back as Femto. Then Guts and SkullKnight spend the rest of eternity hunting down Godshand...or not.

There seems to be the common assumption that there will be some huge final confrontation. This isn't ridiculous speculation in the least but I don't think it would be a two-sided affair between Guts and everyone else (basically God Hand and Griffith). Flora's words for the Skull Knight makes me think he may have an agenda not advantageous to Guts' future. Then there's Void who should not be lumped together with the rest of God Hand, imo. It is pretty apparent he has a history with the Skull Knight much like Griffith has with Guts. I see these parallel relationships eventually criss-crossing in terms of power struggle and inter-plane struggle. The result of this may decide the disappearance or endurance of the Idea of Evil.

Going back to Guts, I think his position is not concretely against Griffith as much he tells himself. He doesn't even have a dream, which is what he held so dearly in finding to become Griffith's friend. It would be horribly ironic if his dream were to kill Griffith and I don't think Miura would make something that cheesey. Moreover, I see Guts being a politically (not quite the right word) dynamic character as he gets closer to confronting Griffith. As I said, we don't know what the Skull Knight and Void have in mind so Guts position could easily change, and in doing so he might discover his dream. The same variability applies for Griffith. Since his rebirth, he has been presented as omnipotent unlike anyone else. Yet Griffith himself is a pawn in the scheme of causality and he seems to be in denial about it. In his getting a kingdom might he realize it wasn't through his own power? The "do as you will" statement from chapter 83 does not mean Griffith is in complete control and I think it may come back to haunt him just as the brand haunts Guts. In this common dilemma, who is to say that Guts and Griffith won't realize they are the same man in externally different situations?

(I realize this should probably be under Speculation. :p)

Gael

Angry? i thought this is how every one smiles?
Hmmm i'm thinking that he may not even kill Griffith at the end, although Griffith is supposed to be the one to bring darkness to Midland, i think he wants to rule it, not destroy it.
Griffith may not turn out to be a true bad guy, never a friend to Guts again, but perhaps not a bad guy.
I think if Muria wants to shock everyone in the tradition of Berserk, what better way to shock us than to provide a (semi) happy ending.
the whole world is screwed, that is a given, and short of killing off god hand which I REALLy doubt will hapen, guts and Caska will always be branded, so even if they both survived their life would hardly be a fairy tale.
I think that a great way to end Berserk would be to have them both alive, but with nothing final, their battle continuing and the rest for you to make up your self.
What would be a really good way to end it would have Griffith sacrifice his dream for Guts and Caska to be together, it would be so shocking to see, and really in tune with the point of Berserk, that a selfish dream will only lead to the destruction of others. so what if a selfish dream could lead to the happiness of just two people to make up for the life time of misery that he has caused.

We could have the really predictable ending of guts or Caska dying but nothing would satisfy me more than something spectacular to end berserk, just like how it has started......

Does any one even read posts this long? i hope so..

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
maybe. i think either Casca or Griffith are going to die.

As much as I'd hate to see it happen, I think at least one of those three (Guts, Caska, Griffith) are going to die. :'(

Top Bottom