who is your favourite director?

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
there are so many of great directors and i really don t know much of them... :'(

yet i find Spike Lee some kind of special!

Steven Speilberg
Akira Kurosawa
Guy Ritchie
David Fincher
Christopher Nolan (for Memento)
Darren Aronnofski [sp]

i believe theyre the most influencial to me...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Probably Sean McNamara , who directed "Three Ninjas High Noon at Mega Mountain", one of the true classics of American cinema. Either him or Don Barnhart, director of "Saved By The Bell: Hawaiian Style".

Cameron wishes he could match the intensity of the moment you finally realize that Mr.Belding really is on the island with the kids! Truly a climactic turning point in teh series, and a great vehicle for success for the young actors and actresses.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Cameron wishes he could match the intensity of the moment you finally realize that Mr.Belding really is on the island with the kids

I'm sure he does

Truly a climactic turning point in teh series

I'm sure it was

and a great vehicle for success for the young actors and actresses.

Yes ofcourse, I mean look at that Dustin Diamond.... celebrity boxing, he's going places I tell you!!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
First of all, let me congratulate you on a very hilarious post retaliation.

Yes ofcourse, I mean look at that Dustin Diamond.... celebrity boxing, he's going places I tell you!!
Dont forget Dustin Diamond's "How to play Chess". real winner.

BOB

poruno sutâ
Coppola (not the newer ones!!)
Scorsese (not the newer ones!!)
Ridley Scott (not the newer ones!!)
Kubrick (for that eyes wide shit thing i'm gonna kill myself only to get to hell where i can kick his ass for the time being)

Kurosawa
Bunuel
Lynch

And of course Ed wood, lloyd kaufmann, alan smithee and Max hardcore

puella

Berserk forever
David Lean
Alfred Hitchcock
Alan Parker
Terry Gilliam

:eek: they are all British!
adding two questions:
who's your favorite composer for movie?
-----> for me Ennio Moricone, Morris Jarre, John Berry, Dave Grucin, Jerry Goldsmith, Gabriel Jaret

what do you think the best OST is?
----->I said this movie too much here: once upon a time in America

*** I can't be sure of their spellings, though. :(

Vermillion

Lets see...

Composer for a movie: Carter Burwell (Rob Roy)
OST for a movie: Gladiator

And since were all asking, how about favorite anime song and anime OST?

Song: The Tops - Ame ga Mikka tsuzuku to
OST: Bubblegum Crisis (HEY!! Stop laughing!! *shakes fist*)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Composer for a movie/TV series 8): Angelo Badalamenti (Twin Peaks)
OST for a movie: Shit.. I cant choose one... I love OST's.

Song: The Tops - Ame ga Mikka tsuzuku to
OMG! Me too! So you saw Hakkenden too, eh? 8) I have the mp3 if you're interested. It took me literally years to find.

OST: without a doubt, Berserk

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
OMG! Me too! So you saw Hakkenden too, eh?  8) I have the mp3 if you're interested. It took me literally years to find.
i don't know which song from hakkenden this is, but the whole hakkenden OST was great. i love the music in the beginning! 8)

Vermillion

Walter, yeah man, I took me along time to find it too!! I was shitting bricks when I did find it and me and my gal listened to it all day that day....well maybe not all day, but pretty much :D

trapped_soul, if your referring to 'if it rains for three days' then yup thats the song. And it was replaced by another song called Blue Skies, or something, after the first 5 or so episodes, that really pissed me off! The other song is alright though.

maximus

I guess it was not for some special reason but somehow u guys forgot about Charlie Chaplin! :-/

he was not only one of the first or even the very first and still is one of the greatest directors in the history of film!

NO DOUBT!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I guess it was not for some special reason but somehow u guys forgot about Charlie Chaplin! :-/

he was not only one of the first or even the very first and still is one of the greatest directors in the history of film!

NO DOUBT!
My favorite car is a Subaru WRX, but that doesnt mean i have to pay homage to the guy who invented the wheel...

maximus

My favorite car is a Subaru WRX, but that doesnt mean i have to pay homage to the guy who invented the wheel...
thats not the point! ::)

his films are great !
its not just a "wheel of some vehicle" but a cornerstone of a whole industrie and revolution.
his work is independent like every other piece of art and i like it!
the reason that i mentioned charlie chaplin here is not just about appreciation but ....
i m just pretty sure that he fits in here, no!?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
his work is independent like every other piece of art and i like it!
the reason that i mentioned charlie chaplin here is not just about appreciation but ....
i m just pretty sure that he fits in here, no!?
I don't have a problem with you liking it, but what you said orignally was that essentially, we NEEDED to like and respect his work. I personally don't. If you do, great thats fine and dandy. 8)

BOB

poruno sutâ
I had some annoying discussion a few weeks ago with a friend of mine after we watched Citizen kane again. His points were that this epos is only a milestone because of Welles make up and the form of narration that hasn't been done before (episodes from Kane's past that complete the picture).
I had a pretty hard time convincing him that this movie can still compete and is pretty much more than only an anachronistic relic of ancient times.
Same with Chaplins great dictator which is a great movie and not just some first step towards some so called sophisticated filmmaking, only worth being mentioned in history books.

Personal dislikes are very well welcome. I myself hate African Queen, dunno why just don't like it. Won't ever dare to bash it for being a bad movie tho.

Top Bottom