How many more volumes you think Berserk will last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
hatu said:
I think it'll end around the volume 40.
I believe it is better if we think in terms of chapter published on Ya, instead of the volumes, since they are those that we follow here and they are also the first edition of Berserk to see the print.

Volume 40 means about chap 400 since every volume of Berserk contains more or less ten chapters. We are now at chap 246. This means that we have yet to see 154 chaps. Since Miura draws more or less about 20 chaps for year this means that, in the hypothesis above, Berserk will continue yet for at least seven and half years.

In the hypothesis of the 100 volumes, that is 1000 chapters, we will have to wait 37 years to see the end of berserk.

In the case of the 50 volumes only 12 years

roberto999 said:
Volume 40 means about episodes 366 since every volume of Berserk contains more or less ten episodes. We are now at Episode 246. This means that we have yet to see 120 episodes. Since Miura draws more or less about 20 episodes for a year this means that, in the hypothesis above, Berserk will continue yet for at least six years.

Yep i totally agree to this  ;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
But what if we do before him ??

ummm out of curiousity.. what is the record?
I'd guess Guin Saga, the series that influenced Miura, is the longest running consecutive series. Pretty sure it was around 100 volumes, others feel free to correct me.

Walter said:
I'd guess Guin Saga, the series that influenced Miura, is the longest running consecutive series. Pretty sure it was around 100 volumes, others feel free to correct me.

Well I hope its not that long because from what I have read Guin Saga became pretty crappy by about volume 40.

I've seen it mentioned in quite a few other sites so i know i'm not the only one who read this b4 somewhere. i cant remember where i read about miura saying berserk is only 1/5 done at vol22 but i dont think it's impossible.
if we assume that miura will cover the stories for Gaiseric, Skully, Flora, Zodd, Grunbled, Locus, Rakshash, Irvine, Ganishka, etc.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
Well.... I know there are a few Manga's that are getting there...

Hajime no Ippo just got to the 70th Volume recently.
I'm thinking One Piece may get up there, along with Naruto.
But there is also another series that I cant rememeber the name but it has to do with this cop with the uni-brow going on, he is pretty popular, he has an assload of books that may reach till 100+.

I think the whole Gaiseric/Skull Knight backstory will be a massive flashback.  Not like the Band of the Hawk one maybe half that. 

What we'll probably see:
-At least one of Gaiseric's conquests (most likely his last)
-A little bit on his rule
-The great sacrifice that took place
-A little of his quest to eradicate the God Hand
-His encounter with Flora and his use of the berserk armor
-His transformation into the Skull Knight
-And maybe his meeting with the Fairy King

Eh, to cover all that it would probably have to be as long as the Band of the Hawk part.  But if he's going for a long story then that won't be a problem.

We will probably see Zodds back story.  I doubt we'll see the other big apostles back stories.  The God Hand is a given.  Isidro's back story was short as was Serpico and Farnese's back story.  Zodd's back story won't be too long and neither will the God Hand's.  Skully is the big mystery so I'm sure his will be pretty big.  I'm on the fence about what I think of a back story for Ganishka.  I don't think we'll get a back story because he's just there to make Griffith look good.  But there's always a chance, right?

50 volumes seems reasonable but would probably feel rushed at the end.

75 volumes would work out nicely but it might leave us wanting more.

100 volumes would be a stretch but it would probably make for a great finish.

Saiki said:
i cant remember where i read about miura saying berserk is only 1/5 done at vol22 but i dont think it's impossible.
That would mean about 110 volumes. About 45 more years.
That's simply not realistic, in my opinion. Especially if Miura intends to write something else, eventually.

Olivier Hague said:
About 45 more years.
That's simply not realistic, in my opinion. Especially if Miura intends to write something else, eventually.

Well as i mention be4 he just need to sped up his pace that would solve most of the problems...

IMHO with Muira capability -and we all have to admired that- even the pace is being sped up, i doubt the quality of the story will be spoil...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
IMHO with Muira capability -and we all have to admired that- even the pace is being sped up, i doubt the quality of the story will be spoil...

The fact that he's been taking his time is also what makes Berserk good, he doesn't just throw things in but takes the time needed to think about it before...

What's the use of making 50+ volumes in 10 years if it ends up being shitty ?

just thought of somehting, if this is goign to 100 vol. which i seriously doubt, then the chances of another anime series of berserk will increases dramatically, and might be made around vol. 40 or something.

but then im betting on another anime series anyways.

Out of the record:

dwarfkicker said:
I think the whole Gaiseric/Skull Knight backstory will be a massive flashback.  Not like the Band of the Hawk one maybe half that. 

What we'll probably see:
-At least one of Gaiseric's conquests (most likely his last)
-A little bit on his rule
-The great sacrifice that took place
-A little of his quest to eradicate the God Hand
-His encounter with Flora and his use of the berserk armor
-His transformation into the Skull Knight
-And maybe his meeting with the Fairy King

This is still speculation and I wouldn't bet on it yet

About the topic...more than 15 (max 20) years I believe it is too much...IMO as I' ve said before, the middle has been passed so I would expect another 10 years lets say

Aazealh said:
The fact that he's been taking his time is also what makes Berserk good, he doesn't just throw things in but takes the time needed to think about it before...

What's the use of making 50+ volumes in 10 years if it ends up being shitty ?

precisely and there are quite a few manga that have suffered just because they were dragged beyond where they should have ended. I won't mind a few lose ends... we don't need to know about evarella's fling with puck and azan's wife blah blah...

Olivier Hague said:
Especially if Miura intends to write something else, eventually.

Has Miura spoken of creating a new story after Berserk yet?

dwarfkicker said:
Didn't Miura state that the story can now begin now that Guts has the Berserk Armor? I remember reading that somewhere on here.

If you find a link to Miura saying that I would very much like to read it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
Yep, in his interviews. Science Fiction and a Vlad Tepes story. Some links (the others are here too, hidden somewhere):

http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=1982.msg20393#msg20393
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=1490.msg26646#msg26646
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=1293.msg22495#msg22495
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=540.msg9578#msg9578

Ahh thank you. :)

I hope this doesn't mean he is going to wrap up Berserk any time soon for it though.

BiQ-- said:
btw, how old is the Guin Saga author guy? IIRC (probably that same interview) even that was still going on, and Miura still reads every one of them. If the Guin Saga author kicked the bucket before finishing his (her?) work, would that have any kind of impact in how Miura creates Berserk?

Just a thought.

Guin Saga created by Kaoru Kurimoto(a woman) is considered as the greatest and more influential serie of japanese fantasy novels.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%B0%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%BB%E3%82%B5%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AC

Kurimoto is born in 1953, February, the 13th.

Actually 97 volumes and counting...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom