How many more volumes you think Berserk will last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boon

On the hilltop he cried, his red eyes made redder
To be honest, I hope Berserk NEVER ends. It is by far my all time favourite manga.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
Boon said:
To be honest, I hope Berserk NEVER ends.
'o_O ...

Well how can you like a Manga that doesn t end?
Actually that is what people are looking for in berserk;the end...

Waiting for the ultimate event and final statement of Miura to release us(the berserk addicted) in satisfaction.
To keep Berserk in our minds as a story that is built of structures and basics that even count in the world we live in and what Miura makes out of it.
His individual message is most important for me and should be set as the Highlight at the end of the story.
Maybe it is something very common, maybe it is going to be completely crazy...no matter what its going to be like thats the thing i m waiting for!
I want to know what a man like Kentaro Miura wants to tell us or what kind of statement he wants to leave behind with his story and the bloody hard work he sacrificed for it!

Cant wait to get to the end of his story!

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
*Gyom* said:
You ! Back ! o_0;;
well i was really buisy the past year and i still am...
but to get some bucks for living i m working right now in an Internet cafe and have now all the time for watching u guys and the board.
^_^;

P

paradise_lost

CygnusX said:
Guin Saga created by Kaoru Kurimoto(a woman) is considered as the greatest and more influential serie of japanese fantasy novels.

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82%B0%E3%82%A4%E3%83%B3%E3%83%BB%E3%82%B5%E3%83%BC%E3%82%AC

Kurimoto is born in 1953, February, the 13th.

Actually 97 volumes and counting...

... well, I totally agree with u CygnusX ...

... this is exactly my opinion: Berserk 'll last still a lot of time. I can't understand or, better, I can't realize how it is possible to finish to tell the whole story of Berserk in ... 5, 6, maybe 10 volumes ...

... this is 'cause the whole story of Berserk is not only the whole story of Gatts, Griffith and the Hawks, but it's the whole story of all the characters of the Manga ...

... this is what my soul is able to say about this speculation ... but more ... looking back to the past, of course, there were been many main characters we didn't ever know nothing more than names and "present period" ... Judo, Pippin ... Miura said to us no particulars about their past ... so, maybe, my soul could be wrong ... and maybe Berserk it'll be not so long, but ...

... hey! Is there here anyone who could like the idea to see Berserk to finish in 5 volumes? I obviously vote NO ...

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Most likely to allow for closure of the series in only five or six years. ;)  But I would see it to be more likely vol. 50-60.  Giving plenty of time for development and a conclusion., and only another 10-15 years. :eek:

nir085

Horse and Armor
paradise_lost said:
I'm not going to answer for Jon, as I am not telepathic, but the most probable reason why other fans may see eye-to-eye with Jon on this one is because of basic human impatience. A lot of fiction fanatics may want to get into other series or just stop feeling the need to analyze fiction every week or so. Cost could also figure into the equation, since many of us get entangled with the merchandise and the more volumes that come out, the taller the merchandise pile or lust becomes, and our obsession with the series in general may grow by then.

I also wanted to say that it is an honor replying to you. I've heard a lot about you in the old threads I dug up for information purposes, but I'm thrilled that I could finally witness the legend online with my own computer.

Sorry if I offended anyone here with that statement.

I

Italian_demon

Jon Schaffer said:
I would like Berserk to end around the 40th volume. Its a great Manga, but I want to see it end.

I agree!
It's not that i don't like to have my life with Berserk, but i would love to see the End...... cause from the End i'll actually understand if it was a great Opera or just a great way to spend my time reading.......
I don’t mind to re-read it all again afterwards and wait for the Anime series if it will never arrive….
For my personal Idea would be a tragedy if Berserk won't be concluded cause something happens to the Author, not necessary a death but also that he gets some disagree with Young Animals of stuff like that and stop writing it….
Bastard and some other not concluded Manga could be an example!

P

paradise_lost

nir085 said:
I'm not going to answer for Jon, as I am not telepathic, but the most probable reason why other fans may see eye-to-eye with Jon on this one is because of basic human impatience. A lot of fiction fanatics may want to get into other series or just stop feeling the need to analyze fiction every week or so. Cost could also figure into the equation, since many of us get entangled with the merchandise and the more volumes that come out, the taller the merchandise pile or lust becomes, and our obsession with the series in general may grow by then.

I also wanted to say that it is an honor replying to you. I've heard a lot about you in the old threads I dug up for information purposes, but I'm thrilled that I could finally witness the legend online with my own computer.

Sorry if I offended anyone here with that statement.

I can agree with u, nir085. In my modest opinion u got a very good point of the situation ... people needs ends of stories. Many times they have fear to tell the word "forever". And many other times they are so curious to know all about something, that they we could do all they r able to arrive to their goal. I tell this but I don't want anyone get offended about my words.
We can say then, "words are like cups of water in the sea" ... they remain only there.

To be honest, I think that a dream 'll come true only in the case a story 'll have to end. Like a neverending story ... I love to think that the story of Berserk 'll never end however, 'cause it'll remain forever in our hearts. So that ... why give it a short end?

And at the end ... thanks for your quite gentle words ... like Berserk, they'll remain forever in my soul ...

;)

I wouldn't like to see go for at LEAST 5 more years, but if Miura can make it go on for anywhere between 50 and 100 volumes or longer than god willing.

People would be wondering if it were ok to drag it on that long, but then when volume 13 came out the i'm sure alot of people would have thought by volume 28 it would have been finished, or at least think Guts would be much further into the story to completing his goal.
He isn't, and Berserk is still the shit, so if Miura can keep the story strong for another 20 years or longer then I will be happy.

Those who are anticipating seeing what comes at the end is understandable, however I know when it does finally finish that knowing that I will never read a new part of Berserk will leave an empty spot in my heart, and I know i won't be the only one who will feel that horrible feeling.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai
Sparnage said:
Those who are anticipating seeing what comes at the end is understandable, however I know when it does finally finish that knowing that I will never read a new part of Berserk will leave an empty spot in my heart, and I know i won't be the only one who will feel that horrible feeling.

Wow you saying that made my stomach clench up... no new Berserk.. the end.. done.. finished. It really will leave a major empty feeling.

I think the end isn't so far. To me, 40volumes sounds good.

Since Griffith's ultimate goal is very close, all he has to do is to beat Ganishuka, then the things are done.

The only mystery is when will Guts kill his "nemesis"? Before or after the Hawks becomes the King.

And i think things are rapidly going to happen because it's been long time since the last God Hand appearance and besides, lot of people are arriving in Falconia at the same time, like the last time in Albion.

Of course, that's only another hypothesis, only based on poor thoughts...
But I'm a newbie on this forum (and French de surcroit), so be gentle...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Roine said:
The only mystery is when will Guts kill his "nemesis"? Before or after the Hawks becomes the King.

Griffith is currently getting married to Charlotte, so I doubt Guts will kill him before he becomes king...

Roine said:
And i think things are rapidly going to happen because it's been long time since the last God Hand appearance

Well, Slan appeared not so long ago.

Roine said:
and besides, lot of people are arriving in Falconia at the same time, like the last time in Albion.

You mean Vritannis?

Roine said:
But I'm a newbie on this forum (and French de surcroit), so be gentle...

Welcome then :).

Aazealh said:
Well, Slan appeared not so long ago.

I meant an appearance of the whole God Hand (with an eclipse and all the stuff) which would show the interest of the God Hand into having a member of it being the king (quite obvious in fact!)

Aazealh said:
You mean Vritannis?

maybe, i'm sometimes confused with the name of places (true in real life too). sorry about that
i meant the place were Griffith took his physical form

Aazealh said:
Griffith is currently getting married to Charlotte, so I doubt Guts will kill him before he becomes king...

I didn't know... I haven't seen it or i didn't understand it
but he hadn't defeat Ganishuka and AFAIK Guts don't know about it

Aazealh said:
Welcome then :).

thank you

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Roine said:
I meant an appearance of the whole God Hand (with an eclipse and all the stuff) which would show the interest of the God Hand into having a member of it being the king (quite obvious in fact!)

Occultations only appear once every 216 years.

Roine said:
maybe, i'm sometimes confused with the name of places (true in real life too). sorry about that
i meant the place were Griffith took his physical form

Albion is right, however the town Guts and his band are now in is Vritannis, not Falconia.

Roine said:
I didn't know... I haven't seen it or i didn't understand it
but he hadn't defeat Ganishuka and AFAIK Guts don't know about it

And? Guts is heading toward Elfhelm, and he's wounded, he's certainly not going to kill Griffith anytime soon. Furthermore, Charlotte is the queen of Midland, and marrying her will make Griffith the king, even if Ganishka isn't dead yet.

yeah but the God Hand appeared in Albion to "resurect" Griffith, and when Griffith will have the full control over Midland (and even more), the God Hand will certainly do something huge.
Slan was able to appear in Qliphoth, but God Hand members can't physically be in real world, they can influence it (the plague, ...), maybe their goal is to change that... having Griffith the king is maybe a way to get that... so they should do something in no time

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Roine said:
yeah but the God Hand appeared in Albion to "resurect" Griffith

No, they didn't. It was an illusion, as the whole Occultation mirroring was. Guts understood it when he attacked Void's silhouette.

;D thank you very much! Seems that i've been fooled by this illusion too! Sorry to have bother you...
Whatever i still think things are gonna speed up soon since nothing "God Handish" has happened for long!
(pretty stubborn, ain't i?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom