Episode 204

D

Drachenfels

(Coming out of lurk mode...) On the way back from my honeymoon, I stopped over at Tokyo Narita for 6 hours -- and guess what I was able to pick up there?

This is a bit of payback for all the scanning, etc. that others have done for my benefit; enjoy!

Link removed

Thanks! You're a gawd! And happy honeymoon!! :)

D

Drachenfels

thats probley it. besides why would Guts go back to that village after killing half teh population.

So it's pure speculation that this village is Niko's, and you have not the slightest proof for it?

Then the only logical explanation is that Niko's village is the one that was destoryed by Guts.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Cool chapter. I cant wait for Gutts to bring down hell on those damn monkey rat beasts.

Thanks Falco_Necro, both of you enjoy your time in Japan!

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Thanks, Falco_Nero... ;D
I have a question to you. I can see the page 9 is imperfect. Did you censor it or just by a mistake? ::)
Is it bothering you that I request your posting the perfect page 9?
Thanks again, Falco_Nero... ;D

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Something has struck me about those trolls : basically they are a cross bethween a baboon and a rat, sure they are dangerous , but the villagers together could take them down, they could have torched the barn , for example, and finished off the survivors with axes and pitchforks. Ted episode has shown that they are not invunerables. Instead they are waiting for a witch to save them (or God if someone follows the priest). In fact it seems to me that the two priests and witches are rival sellers that sell their services in exchange for  faith in them. The same thing is happening on a vaster scale with Griffith: Midlands has a army that could defend it but instead everyone is waiting for Griffith and his magic army to save them. And this is very bad : a salvation that came that way is not salvation at all but enslavement, like the magical weapons don't make one stronger but weaker because one grows to depend on them instead on himself (I think that is the reason Guts refused for himself the magical weapons)  

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Something has struck me about those trolls : basically they are a cross bethween a baboon and a rat, sure they are dangerous , but the villagers together could take them down, they could have torched the barn , for example, and finished off the survivors with axes and pitchforks. Ted episode has shown that they are not invunerables. Instead they are waiting for a witch to save them (or God if someone follows the priest). In fact it seems to me that the two priests and witches are rival sellers that sell their services in exchange for  faith in them. The same thing is happening on a vaster scale with Griffith: Midlands has a army that could defend it but instead everyone is waiting for Griffith and his magic army to save them. And this is very bad : a salvation that came that way is not salvation at all but enslavement, like the magical weapons don't make one stronger but weaker because one grows to depend on them instead on himself (I think that is the reason Guts refused for himself the magical weapons)  

It was a fine point until you said the enslavement bit. In case you've forgotten, the Dragon Slayer IS a magical weapon. It was forged from ore that had elven properties, Godo's mine.

As for why everyone is waiting for a 'magic' person to save them, blame causality.

In case you've forgotten, the Dragon Slayer IS a magical weapon. It was forged from ore that had elven properties, Godo's mine.
We don't know that.
We don't know if the ore from Godot's mine had any "elven" (did they even look like Elves? ^_^;) properties, and for all we know, Godot didn't use it to make the Dragon Slayer. Maybe he used it in volume 17 to repair the sword, but apart from that...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
We don't know that.
We don't know if the ore from Godot's mine had any "elven" (did they even look like Elves? ^_^;) properties, and for all we know, Godot didn't use it to make the Dragon Slayer. Maybe he used it in volume 17 to repair the sword, but apart from that...
We do know that Godo's mines are protected by the remnants of those elves (yes, im going to call them elves if only because they look short). Thats why it was a safe place for Casca.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
We do know that Godo's mines are protected by the remnants of those elves

maybe they were ...

GNOMES !!!
A new race in Berserk campaign setting, +3 vs. evil

But the dragonslayer, being magical or not, as explained by Godo, was made for the sole purpose to kill, as he was tired of making "flashy" swords for aristocrates. And that's eventually the spirit of Gatts, to kill "dragons", the untouchables that rule through tyranny...
Hence our great awe for the man...

We do know that Godo's mines are protected by the remnants of those elves (yes, im going to call them elves  if only because they look short). Thats why it was a safe place for Casca.
I know that. ^^;
But what does it have to do with the Dragon Slayer?

CnC

Ad Oculos
(Coming out of lurk mode...) On the way back from my honeymoon, I stopped over at Tokyo Narita for 6 hours -- and guess what I was able to pick up there?

This is a bit of payback for all the scanning, etc. that others have done for my benefit; enjoy!

Link removed

wow... you are the shit

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Link removed

Holy fuck, YES!!!!!!!

puella

Berserk forever
As far as I know, berserk in YA has been skipped every 2months. but checking 196-204 episodes, these days it is 3months, which is good news to many of berserk fans.
is this just a temporary situation or they changed "skipping time"?

As far as I know, berserk in YA has been skipped every 2months. but checking 196-204 episodes, these days it is 3months, which is good news to many of berserk fans.
is this just a temporary situation or they changed "skipping time"?
I don't think there's a "skipping time".

Anyway, it looks like the next Young Animal sans Berserk will be issue #17.
So it will probably be:
July 26: Episode 205
August 9: Episode 206
August 23: Nothing
September 13: Episode 207

puella

Berserk forever
uh-oh my bad English again!
what I call "Skipping time" means "when miura takes a break" ^^;;;
so Aug: 23 nothing is "skipping time" to me.
Miura takes a break every two months but these days he looks like taking a break every three months. I just want to confirm it.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Miura takes a break every two months but these days he looks like taking a break every three months. I just want to confirm it.
I think Miura’s breaks coincide with whatever time there’s a discount for the trolley headed to BOOBIE LAND PARADISE!!! Just my opinion.

Also, a big overdue thanks from me to Falco_Nero for his awesome contribution. You continue to rock the casaba with that new wife of yours. ;)

-Griffith

uh-oh my bad English again!
what I call "Skipping time" means "when miura takes a break" ^^;;;
Er... No, I understood you. ^^;
I meant that I don't think there's some kind of "rule". Sometimes, Miura takes a break. I think that's all there is to it.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
this is just a rough outline.

The Inoch(?) village:
A troll is eating some guy named Ted, who still  has a little conciousness though. Hanna, his wife stones the troll to save her husband. But it doesn't work for the troll at all and the troll attacks her(maybe tries raping her). Her brother plunges a stick into the troll. The troll runs away and rushes to the barn where a lot of trolls are gathering.
The sound of bell tells the villagers are holding a funeral for Ted  and Hanna's brother. Then Morgan appears with Guts band. The villagers tells Morgan the trolls took Hanna and killed her brother.
But the scans did not show that last part. After Hanna brother did strike the troll, it left alone Hanna and escaped in the barn without harming further nor Hanna nor her brother. Did the trolls return later on for a vengeance, in a sequence not shown, but only hinted at by the dialogues of the villagers?

Top Bottom