Episode 204

D

Drachenfels

they were burying Ted and Hanna's brother, yet one of the coffins was empty?

were they unable to retrieve the body of ted?

Yeah, and what about Bill?

puella

Berserk forever
f...finally, Bill and Ted were eaten by paradiselost because Walter didn't pay the ransom for them :'(

Well, Trolls eat. ^^;
but they couldn't retrieve or pick up even a few pieces of the body? ::)

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
but they couldn't retrieve or pick up even a few pieces of the body? ::)

would you want to go into a barn full of hungry trolls waiting for another person to just walk in there? i wouldn't [unless i had teh nuke weapon from Turok].

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
would you want to go into a barn full of hungry trolls waiting for another person to just walk in there? i wouldn't [unless i had teh nuke weapon from Turok].

That's just a minor detail. Think about it, the trolls will be slightly less hungry (I assume trolls have large stomachs) so they won't go after you. Well, at least not as savagely. I'm sure you could find a finger or something laying around and then dash out. ;)

bakaneko

Current favorite character : Tohru Honda
Well 3 bodies and at least 13 trolls...i dont think all of them had their shares.... And I am pretty sure the wife (Hanna was it?) was raped then eaten because i saw the kanji for rape on that page with a part (probably intentionally ) cut off... wondr why the trolls didnt go all out and just finish the village off....or maybe they are saving them for future meals ;D

Well 3 bodies and at least 13 trolls...i dont think all of them had their shares.... And I am pretty sure the wife (Hanna was it?) was raped then eaten because i saw the kanji for rape on that page with a part (probably intentionally ) cut off...
They took Hanna with them. As far as we know, she's not dead.

bakaneko

well trolls arent really know for their intelligence so they most likely gonna rape then kill women... I still cant get rid of the scene with Wylde...uggghhh :(

Just out of curiosity...is it really necessary to have so much graphical scenes? (nudity that is..)

angelene

( out of the blue)            into the dar k.
well trolls arent really know for their intelligence so they most likely gonna rape then kill women... I still cant get rid of the scene with Wylde...uggghhh :(

Just out of curiosity...is it really necessary to have so much graphical scenes? (nudity that is..)

I guess it's either something very deep in miura's intentions and/or style or blatant fan-service. I'm not sure which of these would compliment it the best (it being 'the manga'). but then, that's just my opinion. :-X

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Its all demographically-based marketing. Its a tried and true excellent method to pull in newbies, especially the young males populace. Hey I dont blame him, but the US politicians might.

Although I think Berserk can definitely continue strong without the boobielandparadiseness as it has an already strong and loyal fan base everywhere.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
The japanese have a peculiar fascination with rape it would seem.

I'd say the same about those that pay such special attention to these scenes, yet are unaffected by brutal and graphic killings of incident people. I guess that's O.K.

-Griffith

bakaneko

I'd say the same about those that pay such special attention to these scenes, yet are unaffected by brutal and graphic killings of incident people. I guess that's O.K.

Well, there are some people who likes to watch graphic killings without the other part. I personally dont care as much.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Well, there are some people who likes to watch graphic killings without the other part.

so if a monster starts killing incident people thats ok as long as it's not useing anyform of tenical to rape women at the same time. i got that right?

bakaneko

I am just stating my opinion. You might not mind to see women get raped etc. but i am not too thrilled to see it. And if the ratio of rape vs. innocent people die is equal then this series will become a hentai.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
I am just stating my opinion. You might not mind  to see women get raped etc.

Where did i say that in my post?

but i am not too thrilled to see it. And if the ratio of rape vs. innocent people die is equal then this series will become a hentai.

then tell me how many times in the series does a rape take place?

bakaneko

I dont count the number of rapes that takes place. and I said you might not mind based on your oppinion-thats all. Its all a matter of ones oppinion-and I think we shouldnt keep talking about this anymore. Like what I stated the first time..i just wondered if the rapings were necessary-that was all. Someone said it was fan-service and someone said marketting to get teens. so I think we should just stop it here..

I'd say the same about those that pay such special attention to these scenes, yet are unaffected by brutal and graphic killings of incident people.  I guess that's O.K.

-Griffith

What, you're actually debating that the Japanese don't focus on rape in particular (be it by monsters, tentacles, humans, etc) in its adult material? It's not some horrible secret you know ::) .

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
What, you're actually debating that the Japanese don't focus on rape in particular (be it by monsters, tentacles, humans, etc) in its adult material?  It's not some horrible secret you know ::) .
Ugh, considering I never even mentioned it one way or the other, I suppose the answer would be “No”, huh? Better luck next time.

Now back to the point…

I look at the rape in Berserk the same way I do the extreme violence (it's a part of that violence after all). They’re both ugly things, but I also see them as a part of the story, part of the realism, and correspondingly, a fact of life that can’t be ignored simply because it makes people uncomfortable. It’s this mentality that fuels the shame many victims feel, keeps many of them suffering in silence, and allows predators to thrive while everyone looks away. If people want to look at the scenes of rape in Berserk as entertainment, whether condemning it's presence or by getting aroused by it (same difference, in my opinion), that’s their choice, but I wouldn’t change the story because of society’s ills.

-Griffith

Top Bottom