AOW - Armored Berserk & Fire Dragon

WOOooHOOO!!! New annoucement from AOW:

"Armored Berserk & Fire Dragon will be open for order at 11:00 am (Japan time: 24 June).

Originated in the book cover of Berserk Comics Vol. 28, pose of Armored Berserk sitting on rock is succeeded in developing by ART OF WAR. Exclusive version which features complementary of Gurunberd is limited manufacture to unit of 300 only. Unit price per each is 25,000 JAPANESE YEN."

Yeah, it's ANOTHER Guts, but this one should be freaking AWESOME. I'm excited =)

UPDATE: PICS

Dayaaamm, it's GORGEOUS!!! (Pics courtesy of Masato, www.m-world-service.com)

berserker28_1.jpg

berserker28_2.jpg

berserker28_3.jpg

berserker28_4.jpg

I love it. Man, with that rock there, it must be freaking TALL. AWESOME.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Grunberd is going to be very small if it's his apostle form. That's indeed a cool scene for Guts though. On a side note, I wonder when AOW will actually revamp their site template, since they've announced they'd do it in June.

Wow, and they're making a white version of the Berserk watch too!

AOW said:
Advance order: Berserk Watch: White Model will be open by 11:00 am (Japan time: 20 June) and the image of watch is from Griffith of White hawk.

Unit price per each is 65,000 JAPANESE YEN.

Whouhooooooou !
This sounds GREAT !
Thanks Derek for the piece of information.

I talked about this wish of mine with BillyBudd (who wishes it too) 4 days ago... amazing.
I am so happy. Art of War MUST not disappoint us with this release.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Just got an e-mail from AOW about this very item! Glad to see it posted here, too. It looks like it's time to spend some well-earned money again! :guts:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Wonder if they'll use the colour scheme I sent them ages ago :badbone: This is awesome, but with all the money I've shelled out on the Guts & Griffith on Horseback statues... I got no friggin' money left :judo:

WHY, CRUEL FATE?! WHY!!!???

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Uriel said:
Wonder if they'll use the colour scheme I sent them ages ago :badbone:

Hahah wow, yeah I wonder. Honestly I hope not, because green and purple... Let's just say I'd prefer more classical. :SK: They'll probably follow the color scheme from the TCG anyway.

Another Guts. :(

...I hope it is at least sculpted by the guy that sculpted the origonal Berserker and not the guy that sculpted the beefy Croc base Berserker.

Wow, this is the one I've been waiting for. So there will be two versions? Regular and exclusive?

After a statue goes up for order, how long does it usually take for AOW to actually release it?

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
I've gotta get this statue for sure, I can't get enough of the berserker armor. :beast:

Thanks DirectDK for keeping the rest of us updated.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
So it's just the head of Grunberd... And it's brownish. Way to go. Not a fan of the Guts' sculpt either for now.

The Grunbeld leaves much to be desired.

The Guts looks good in concept though I assume they still have alot of detailing left to do.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Looks pretty sweet to me. Just having the head of Grunbeld kinda sucks, though. I was hoping for a small version of his entire dragon form, but I guess this is all we get. Vol. 28's cover is a personal favorite of mine, so I'm probably gonna pick this one up. :guts:

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
Wow, this looks extremely well in my opinion. I must have this statue. :guts:

Just curious: who is this Masato, and where does he get the pics from? Is he an AoW employee?

N

Ng51386

He's a third party buyer kind of guy. He lives in Japan, so he gets the advertiments for the statues I'm assuming.

I like how this statue is positioned though like that, they did the stone nicely

Woo...looking good :beast:

What scale is this statue? Also, will there be one edition or two? When I read about the exclusive, I assumed there would be a regular edition as well. Is this correct?

It looks CRAZY nice

The head of the Berserker is MUCH better IMHO than the original Berserker Armor

That in itself is worth buying.

CRAPP.... doing car repairs...or buying this...arghhh

2 hobbies... 1 source of income...argghhhh

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Beautiful! I love both of them. I'm not sure, but the arms of the Berserk's Armour look a little thin? Either way, I'm excited for all those who are going to be getting this set. I'll hold out for another Skull Knight and Zodd figure for now though :zodd: :SK:

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Yeah, I really like the way this looks, I think it's pretty good work. We'll see how thick my wallet is on the 24th...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BillyBudd said:
So there will be two versions? Regular and exclusive?

No, just the Exclusive. Don't ask, it's AOW.

BillyBudd said:
After a statue goes up for order, how long does it usually take for AOW to actually release it?

It depends, expect at least a couple of months.

Ng51386 said:
He lives in Japan, so he gets the advertiments for the statues I'm assuming.

Japanese AOW customers can ask them to send them adversiting postcards when new items are released, or you can go to the shop directly to see the pictures.

bomberserk said:
Do we know the height of this statue, is it higher than zodd II?

Dimensions are 30 cm (Height), 18 cm (Width), 13 cm (Depth). Grunberd's head will be 10 cm tall.

Zodd II is 37.5 cm (H), 30 cm (W), 30 cm (D). And that Guts statue sits on a stone pillar that's taller than it is itself, so expect a smaller size. The SK bust that came with Zodd II stands 18 cm tall (with the sword and all), to compare with the head of Grunberd.

CnC

Ad Oculos
While Grunbeld looks like some mud creature, can't say I outright dislike the statue. AOW seems to do well when they don't have to sculpt faces. But yea, like maiku said, it needs detailing... badly.

Wonder why they picked a strange rock formation...

Top Bottom