AOW - Armored Berserk & Fire Dragon

Dangit! missed it :(, well here's to hoping I can score one on ebay at a decent price, though I hope it doesn't end up like the berserk before this that goes for like 400+ bucks now.

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
This time I was there in time and got mine! I have order# 103 and I ordered it about 2 minutes after it was up. That's just crazy. :isidro:

Btw, I wonder when AoW will finally "renewal" their site, as announced. :serpico:

DirectDK said:
Duuudddeee,

So I work night shifts now, and I knew earlier today that I had to order this statue at 7pm PST, but I had so much shit to take care of I completely forgot.

10pm came along and I remembered... OHH SHIT, I have to order! So I rushed over to the AOW site, saw that the "order" button was still available, so ordered it, got my email, and then refreshed the browser.

After I refreshed the browser, the "order" button was no longer available and it read "sold out" instead.

NOW, I'm thinking, did my order go through early enough? Was I the last order? Or did 300 orders pass before me and the page just updated a minute later? AHHHHHH, I DON'T KNOW!

Man... I still can't believe I forgot. I NEVER FORGET. NEVERRRRRRR. :judo:

*UPDATE* AOW emailed me... I'm on the waiting list =(

Awwwwwww shhhiitttttt. That sucks dude but no worries. I'm sure you are very high on the waiting list given the timing. I was on the waiting list for horse riding Griff and I got it. That was a faster sellout too.

EDIT: BTW I ordered 30 minutes after it went up and was order number 179.

That sucks derek. I forgot too hahah. I remember about 2 hours after it went up and luckily still got one, i was order 215. I did notice though that they are only giving 3 days to confirm your order, so hopefully in 3 days you will hear something.

DirectDK said:
BTW, from the Japanese version of the site, it says the statue is 1/10.

Who's da man?!  Woot woot! :carcus:

If it is 1/10 scale, then I'm going to be pretty disappointed because the only reason I didn't order is I want my statues to be in the same scale. Why didn't AOW say the statue is 1/10 scale when you e-mailed them? :schierke:

Now I have the urge to go buy some other collectible to make myself feel better. This sucks. :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BillyBudd said:
If it is 1/10 scale, then I'm going to be pretty disappointed because the only reason I didn't order is I want my statues to be in the same scale.

Don't worry, it'll show up on Yahoo Japan auctions.

Yeah, but then I'll have to pay more. What a crappy start to my day. OK, I'm done complaining. I've deleted the avatar, and I'm moving on.

*sigh*

berserker88

The Raging Demon
1/10.......thats awsome! I didnt know the scale at first, and I just saw the pics over at the AOW site im so happy I preordered it!!!!!!!!!

I was right Aazealh for the 1/10 scale :carcus:
Mathematics rock !
(and you were wrong, first time eh :carcus: :carcus: :carcus: ).

Derek, I am not worried for you. I am sure you will be contacted very soon. Art of War perfectly knows that you are a premium buyer ;)

Too bad BillyBudd. We were talking about this dreamed release weeks ago and you restrain yourself only due to the (believed) smaller scale ?
I think you should email Art of War like DirectDK. Or look for Yahoo Auctions (30000 yens).

Beautiful statue. I just can't wait to see it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kenji-kun said:
Mathematics rock !
(and you were wrong, first time eh :carcus: :carcus: :carcus: ).

Your math was shaky at best so don't brag too much about it (you were quite a bit confused, remember?), and like I told you before, I never said it wasn't 1/10. Just that I wouldn't be surprised if it was smaller, meaning 1/12. Something that AOW themselves seemingly confirmed in their email to Derek. I'm repeating myself here... Besides, if anything this was Derek's guess before yours.

In any case I've been wrong before in my life you know... That wouldn't have been the first time. I don't know what it is with people and their obsession of looking flawless on the Internet.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kenji-kun said:
... I was just joking :judo:

I'm like Grunberd: I don't like jokes. :puck:

Anyway, I'm the first happy that the statue turned out to be on a 1/10 scale (that is, if AOW doesn't change their version in 2 days) even though I didn't buy it. Sorry for the overreaction then, you can think of my post as a general rant against the cult of personality and the paradoxical idolization/desperate attempts at proving admins/mods (or any community leader) wrong over the most trivial things on the Internet. It's pretty much what it really is anyway. :void:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Kenji-kun said:
... I was just joking :judo:
You like jokes? Hit it, boys!

Now Kenji's a money-grubbin' guy you know
He likes to buy statues and he takes things slow
He doesn't like to travel away from Berserk Merch
He just wants to buy shit and be left alone

Kenji! Kenji! Kenji-kun
He's only three feet tall
Kenji! Kenji! Kenji-kun
The most Gollum-like Berserk fan of all!

Just joking! :carcus:

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
Stiler said:
Dangit! missed it :(, well here's to hoping I can score one on ebay at a decent price, though I hope it doesn't end up like the berserk before this that goes for like 400+ bucks now.

The same goes for me too, I also missed out and could kick myself for that.

N

Ng51386

I got mine, I just asked Masato to pre-order it :p

So much easier than if I do it, and he's yet to disappoint me :)

Aazealh, I was just making an ironic echoe to your previous :

It'd be part of their "scene collection" series then. Makes sense. Does that mean I triumph again? :SK:

I don't care about being right or wrong, I am just one of those millions pseudos on the internet.
I just wanted to guess the scale of the statue (with the dimensions + logic) and let the dear skullknight community know so that they could also take advantage of my expectations.
Many people like BillyBudd didn't order the statue because of the (believed) 1/15 scaled, and I assume it is for this very reason that the model has become "sold out" within 2 hours (instead of the traditional 30min/1hour).

Walter, I can't extract the slightest ounce of humor from your pretty song, I am sorry :guts:
I don't know why but I can feel that you believe a little on the stereotypes you raised on that song. I hope it is not the case.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kenji-kun said:
I don't care about being right or wrong [...] I just wanted to guess the scale of the statue (with the dimensions + logic) and let the dear skullknight community know so that they could also take advantage of my expectations.

Well that's good for you, not sure why you bother replying this to my reply to your reply about how you were "just joking" though (and your post can't be considered ironic, BTW). As for your expectations based on wrong measurements illustrated with uselessly big pictures, I'm not sure anybody cares. If anything, Derek had already raised all the necessary points in favor of a regular scale, which is why I replied what I did to him after he mailed AOW. Now anyway, I'm familiar with him and I feel like I can playfully tease (if that's even teasing...) him on trivial stuff and vice versa, but this doesn't mean it goes for everybody (i.e. you).

Kenji-kun said:
Many people like BillyBudd didn't order the statue because of the (believed) 1/15 scaled

BillyBudd didn't. That's one person. Also, your super duper post didn't influence his decision at all so I wouldn't take that as an example of its necessariness if I were you.

Kenji-kun said:
and I assume it is for this very reason that the model has become "sold out" within 2 hours (instead of the traditional 30min/1hour).

Well I think you're pulling this assumption out of your ass here.

Also and to conclude this post neatly, it doesn't say the statue is scale 1/10 on the Japanese page for the product. It says "ノンスケールスタチュー" and that means "Non-scale statue." I guess I really have to check everything myself. :p

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BillyBudd said:
AOW must have changed the description. It said "1/10" on the Japanese page before.

Oh yeah, I don't doubt that. It's like them to change their descriptions randomly (and I don't want to brag but I called it). Especially since they often copy/paste older descriptions of other products and modify them, typically overlooking stuff that shouldn't be there. The fact they contradicted themselves with the mail they sent DirectDK made the whole thing fishy in the first place anyway.

I can't stand that kind of disgustful behavior :

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d64032287

Why Art of War doesn't do something to cancel those shameful auctions (Derek says on his website that that first armored berserk pre order auctions were deleted by request of AoW) ?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kenji-kun said:
Why Art of War doesn't do something to cancel those shameful auctions (Derek says on his website that that first armored berserk pre order auctions were deleted by request of AoW) ?

I'm not sure they have any legal recourse over these practices. That's why they limit the number of items each person can buy now. There might be a delay before an item retails and is authorized on auctions but I'm not even aware of anything like that, and I've seen auctions for yet-to-be-released items in the past.

You'll have to ask DirectDK how they got the "Armored Berserk" auctions cancelled, but that was most likely an isolated case if it did happen.

On a side note, that picture of Grunberd's head the guy lists in his auction looks much better than the one of the prototype we've seen. I don't know if they heard complaints or if they found it shitty themselves but it's nice to see they rectified it (even though it's still not that good IMHO, too plain).

Thanks Aazealh.
I assume Derek have only heard of those cancelations but doesn't know the details and how they have managed to do it.
Whatever is done, there will be always some disgustful people who will take advantage, without shame, of the situation.

AOW EMAILED ME AND SOMEONE CANCELLED SO I NOW HAVE AN ORDER FOR THIS STATUE. THANK YOU FOR READING, HAVE A GOOD DAY!

:guts: :guts: :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
DirectDK said:
AOW EMAILED ME AND SOMEONE CANCELLED SO I NOW HAVE AN ORDER FOR THIS STATUE.  THANK YOU FOR READING, HAVE A GOOD DAY!

:guts: :guts: :guts:

Nice! Glad to hear it, Derek. :serpico:

Top Bottom