Story Discussion: Dark Horse readers only [NO SPOILERS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question that I had never considered (likely someone here has before). If I recall correctly, he still feels pain, but with the armor's power, he just doesn't care about the pain.. I think this is what's stated either at the end of volume 26 or in teh first quarter of book 27.

If that isn't the case, and that he doesn't feel pain at all, then I would wager that with the helmet down, the pain experienced is less than if he didn't wear the armor at all, but not as filtered as when he has lost his senses.

What do the rest of you think?

If I recall correctly, he still feels pain, but with the armor's power, he just doesn't care about the pain..
From Volume 26 (Dark Horse):
Guts (thinking): What's happening...
... with this armor?
The moment I donned it...
...the pain of my wounds vanished like it was an illusion.
No... It simply doesn't bother me, pain just doesn't matter anymore.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Minotaur said:
Is Guts still bothered by pain when the top of the Berserkers armor is down?

Guts addresses this in episode 236 (the last episode of volume 27). He says the pain does not go away as much as when he's fighting.

Minotaur said:
in 31 when Ganishka shocked him he looked like he was in a lot of pain.

When Ganishka shocked him he was actually using the armor to its full extent. He had the helmet on. However we can speculate that because Schierke was keeping him aware of what was going on (not the armor's normal way of functioning), because Ganishka's attack was magical in nature (and so affected his astral self as much as his corporeal self) and because the attack was so powerful it deactivated the armor, he could feel it.

I think they will be at sea for a while. so many bad things can happen at sea, it's a rich source of story i'm sure Miura will milk it for all it's worth. Anyone know when Darkhorse usually puts out the previews? I'm going nuts waiting for it.

Looks Dark Horse is all caught up and is now going at snails pace. I will still buy the mangas but I need my Berserk fix, so I'm jumping ship and reading the translations here. :ubik:

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Struggler said:
Looks Dark Horse is all caught up and is now going at snails pace. I will still buy the mangas but I need my Berserk fix, so I'm jumping ship and reading the translations here. :ubik:

Welcome to the club, and now we are just doing what the japanese who read Berserk do and wait patiently.

Jaze1618 said:
However starting with volume 30 it seems Dark Horse is using a thinner type of paper to print their volumes now.

I know Dark Horse considered this a failed experiment, and went back to the original paper after all the complaints.

Did they ever reprint Volume 30 so you can buy it with the thicker paper? I check the stores here and there but Volume 30 always looks pretty thin. Just curious.

Jaze1618 said:
I would like to know this as well. Surely they wouldn't keep printing it with thinner stock?

Dark Horse probably doesn't want to pay resetting fees to make the book match the rest of the volumes, which makes OCD folks like me crazy.

:ganishka:

For Dark Horse readers Volume 36 will be released on October 2nd, 2012.

Source: http://www.amazon.com/Berserk-Vol-36-Graphic-Novels/dp/1595829423/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1345792018&sr=1-3&keywords=Berserk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom