Skull Knight

When the Band of the Hawks was going to save Griffith as they went down the tower, they saw dead bodies but with the brand in their foreheads. They also tell the story of Emperor Gaeseric and how he united the kingdom, but was punish by God. Also when the Skull knight saves Guts and Caska he goes straight for Void after breaking the eclipse. I think that Void and Skull Knight might have known each other before midland was united and something happen between the two of them. Also the Skull Knight has the eyes of an apostles, could he himself be an apostle?, or somehow he gained the power of an apostle ,by collecting behelits and wearing the berserker armor, without losing his free will.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hey there Wild Wolf, welcome to SK.net. :SK:

Wild Wolf said:
When the Band of the Hawks was going to save Griffith as they went down the tower, they saw dead bodies but with the brand in their foreheads. They also tell the story of Emperor Gaeseric and how he united the kingdom, but was punish by God. Also when the Skull knight saves Guts and Casca he goes straight for Void after breaking the eclipse. I think that Void and Skull Knight might have known each other before midland was united and something happen between the two of them.

That's really old speculation (and a common theory about it), and by that I mean over 6 years old. There are other elements you can also relate to this, like the wiseman that Mozgus says was imprisoned in the tower of Albion. It's been discussed to death here, you can search for old threads on the subject if you're interested in reading more theories.

Wild Wolf said:
Also the Skull Knight has the eyes of an apostles, could he himself be an apostle?, or somehow he gained the power of an apostle ,by collecting Beherits and wearing the berserker armor, without losing his free will.

He doesn't have eyes actually, just glowing eye sockets. They're not the eyes of an apostles at all, actually I'd say there's a pretty clear difference in that SK has no visible flesh. His body appears to be his armor itself. And it's made pretty clear through the manga that he's not an apostle (he's pretty unique and doesn't have any apostle characteristic), once again you can search for more discussions about this on the board. The reason he's been collecting beherits is to use them as a weapon in combination to his sword, and the Berserk's Armor can't transform someone into an apostle anyway, that's not how it works.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome, Wild Wolf.

These questions were one of the main reasons I delved so deeply into Berserk, and what made it stand out to me from the massive hordes of manga shit. The short answer to your questions is that almost nothing has been explained about Skully's biggest mysteries. Anyway, while I do agree with Aaz on everything here, I had to point out something that's probably 100% superficial...

Aazealh said:
And it's made pretty clear through the manga that he's not an apostle (he's pretty unique and doesn't have any apostle characteristic)
Skully uses Apostle/God Hand font, when he speaks :badbone: *cue Unsolved Mysteries theme music*

I wonder if Miura worked with the guys who made the Dreamcast and Playstation 2 adaptations of his work to specify what SK sounded like, as opposed to an apostle, for example.

I would imagine that he didn't to that extent, but it could be interesting to know nonetheless.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
I wonder if Miura worked with the guys who made the Dreamcast and Playstation 2 adaptations of his work to specify what SK sounded like, as opposed to an apostle, for example.

SK doesn't have any line in the DC game so you can remove it from the question. He just appears mysteriously at the end, swallows the beherit, and rides away. Concerning the PS2 game, Miura's involvement was very limited from what I understand, so I don't think he got to choose a detail of that kind beyond the "his voice is cavernous" level. Who knows though, it's not impossible that he gave some precise directives.

I will search for more info. I also think that in the world of Berserk there is an idea of good, since there is one for evil, and one cannot exist without the other.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Wild Wolf said:
I will search for more info. I also think that in the world of Berserk there is an idea of good, since there is one for evil, and one cannot exist without the other.
Ehh... I think this may have been brought up before but if that was the case, why was it stated in the earlier volumes that all people no matter good or evil go into the swirling vortex? If there was an idea of good wouldnt they go there instead?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wild Wolf said:
I also think that in the world of Berserk there is an idea of good, since there is one for evil, and one cannot exist without the other.

That's a flawed logic. The Idea of Evil as shown in Berserk can very well exist without an equal counterpart, and for all we know, it does. There's just nothing that hints at anything like an Idea of Good, and there are quite a lot of things that actually make it seem unlikely. Once again, you can find more on the matter in older threads if you're interested.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
why was it stated in the earlier volumes that all people no matter good or evil go into the swirling vortex? If there was an idea of good wouldnt they go there instead?

Well there wasn't anything stated as clearly as that, but yeah there have been allusions that everybody ends up in the Vortex of Souls (through Griffith for example).

Wild Wolf said:

This opens up bigger questions regarding ultimate morality, particularly whether or not good and evil exist to begin with. We really don't have the knowledge to predict another Idea. I'm fairly certain that there is only one Idea, however, and its "moral standing" depends on the subconscious of humanity. Humanity's subconscious at the time of Berserk is "evil", and thus it is the Idea of Evil.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
coolerimmortal said:
Humanity's subconscious at the time of Berserk is "evil", and thus it is the Idea of Evil.

That's not really how things are supposed to be working from what we know. The Idea of Evil was created at some point in time. It's a conscious being that's actively manipulating things to influence the world. The evolution of humanity's collective consciousness isn't necessarily going to be able to change it, and nothing indicates so far that any change would affect it. Rather, it's the one affecting humanity through its schemes. As a matter of fact, we can deduce that there was "good" in humanity when the Idea of Evil was created from the explanation it gives Griffith in episode 83. But it was still born from the dark side of that collective consciousness, regardless of it. And the purpose of the Idea of Evil's creation itself is completely incompatible with the hypothesis of an Idea of Good. I feel like I've been repeating this in every thread these days.

I agree with Aazealh, The Idea of Evil was born from the "dark" feelings of mankind yes but I don't think it evolves or changes as human feelings change. All I think it wants to do is be the "Devil" of the berserk world as in it has no good intentions as it was born from evil feelings.

Also if there was an "Idea of good" wouldn't have it interfered with the world as well? Besides Guts band and SkullKnight I have seen no sign of any other real force such as the idea of evil involved unless it chooses not to or whatever. Which if it was the counterpart to Idea of Evil it probably would already have.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
You would have thought that this, "Idea of Good," would have showed up by now at least. Again, Berserk tends to be a darker take on manga, so I would actually be disappointed if Miura created some goofy Idea of Good for balance. We don't really need it anyhoo. I think Guts and company provide us with the "good" of the series (maye not all the time :serpico:).

Also if there was an "Idea of good" wouldn't have it interfered with the world as well?

Well if there is an Idea of Good (not saying there is) he could be based off the god that's depicted in religion, sitting back and watching everything unfold. In other words, taking a whatever happens happens stance.

I'm sure I could've worded that a little better.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
Well if there is an Idea of Good (not saying there is) he could be based off the god that's depicted in religion, sitting back and watching everything unfold. In other words, taking a whatever happens happens stance.

I think it'd be the Idea of I-don't-care then. :SK:

The area beneath the tower of albion still interest me till now... I wonder how deep is it and if there is anything moving but trapped down there...

Do SK even visit there at all? :SK:

Once Windam is Griffith's, I wonder if Guts and his group will end up down there and what they might find if/when they return to take on Griffith (if that even happens).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
Once Windam is Griffith's, I wonder if Guts and his group will end up down there and what they might find if/when they return to take on Griffith (if that even happens).

They could use it as a secret passage to enter Wyndham incognito if it's heavily guarded in the future. SK would lead them while down there or at least brief them about it, tell them how to get there from the outside and how to navigate amidst the haunted ruins.

Just making sure I've got that speculation written down so I can brag when it happens in 10 years. :guts:

I did mention this before, there was a group of explorer who went down and never came up... Up to now I feel its a interesting speculation what happen to them...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
I did mention this before, there was a group of explorer who went down and never came up... Up to now I feel its a interesting speculation what happen to them...
Ghosts.

The "City of Death" below the Tower of Rebirth was also mentioned in episode 230 p83.
In the German Version it says something like "It is as if the sleeping City of Dead which is below the Tower of Rebirth woke up". Maybe this place gets more important in later volumes i think the Tower of Rebirth is a Key Element in the Story and i think the Final Fight (if its ever gonna happen) will be placed there. Maybe another Eclipse also ? :???:

Regards
evill33t

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi evilleet, welcome to SK.net! :serpico:

evilleet said:
In the German Version it says something like "It is as if the sleeping City of Dead which is below the Tower of Rebirth woke up".

Yeah, that translation is correct. It's nothing new though, they're just talking about the horrible state of Wyndham under Ganishka's rule.

evilleet said:
Maybe this place gets more important in later volumes

Yes, I like to think it'll play a decisive role at some point.

evilleet said:
Maybe another Eclipse also ?

I don't see how that could be possible.

Aazealh said:
I don't see how that could be possible.

You're right seems impossible since they only happen all 1000 years. Altough there is some discussion about the time flow in Elfhelm ;) jk.
But it would be a good place to open a way to the Vortex. Maybe something like this happens:
On top of the nearly destroyed Tower Guts and Griffith fight till they both are dying. Guts triggers his Beherit and goes directly to the GH. Skullnight uses his Resonance Sword to get there and then.. i have no idea :p

Maybe this is silly cause Guts has no one to Sacrifice (besides Casca and we saw that branded Humans cant be used again) and confronting Gods Hand in there own domain seems a bit suicidal.
Just a few ideas floating around my head in my lunch break :chomp:

Top Bottom