Skull Knight

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
evilleet said:
You're right seems impossible since they only happen all 1000 years.

216 years actually, 1000 years is the delay for incarnation ceremonies.

evilleet said:
But it would be a good place to open a way to the Vortex.

Why? Opening a way to the Vortex of Souls isn't a very good idea, and SK (the only one that can do this as far as we know) can theorically open one anywhere.

evilleet said:
On top of the nearly destroyed Tower Guts and Griffith fight till they both are dying. Guts triggers his Beherit and goes directly to the GH. Skullnight uses his Resonance Sword to get there and then.. i have no idea :p

You can't just trigger a beherit when you want to, you know. Besides as you said, the whole thing wouldn't be very plausible at that point. Doesn't hurt to post your ideas though, write more if you have any. :serpico:

On a side note, SK's sword has nothing to do with resonance (that's a mistranslation). Since it's hard to find a good name for his Yobimizu no Tsurugi technique in English, I recommend you to just call it "beherit-sword" for lack of a better term.

Aazealh said:
216 years actually, 1000 years is the delay for incarnation ceremonies.

Right forgot that, sorry.

Aazealh said:
On a side note, SK's sword has nothing to do with resonance (that's a mistranslation). Since it's hard to find a good name for his Yobimizu no Tsurugi technique in English, I recommend you to just call it "beherit-sword" for lack of a better term.

In the German translation its called "Wirbelmacher" which would translate as Maelstrom-maker.

And about the Beherit i know you cant trigger it by force, i meant it gets activated through Guts Insane will to kill Griffith (i know there are some discussions about Guts Beherit on this boards i check em again before i make any conclusions on this)

ps: just checked my dictionairy Wirbelmacher could also be translated as Vortex maker :void:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
evilleet said:
In the German translation its called "Wirbelmacher" which would translate as Maelstrom-maker. [...] ps: just checked my dictionairy Wirbelmacher could also be translated as Vortex maker :void:

Well that's not really an accurate translation of the original expression in Japanese, but then again like I said it's basically impossible to convey it properly in English (or German for that matter). The problem I see with this particular name is that the sword doesn't actually create vortexes, it just cuts through dimensions/layers of the world. In that regard I can't say it's a very good name unfortunately.

"Beherit-sword" remains the best compromise I know of, it's even relatively accurate in spite of its apparent simplicity. :guts:

evilleet said:
And about the Beherit i know you cant trigger it by force, i meant it gets activated through Guts Insane will to kill Griffith (i know there are some discussions about Guts Beherit on this boards i check em again before i make any conclusions on this)

I see, well some problems still remain (you mentioned some of them earlier); for example I'm not sure a beherit would function properly if it had a member of the God Hand dying next to it (remember how Guts' beherit reacted when Slan manifested herself in the Qliphoth?). Like I said earlier I don't find the idea very plausible for a variety of reasons, but after all, who knows how it'll go in the end? It's hard to imagine with all of what will happen in-between.

Feanor

Nur dem Schwert kannst du vertrauen!
I also think that in the world of Berserk there is an idea of good, since there is one for evil, and one cannot exist without the other.

What about the elfs in skelig and hanafubuku. Are the also influenced by causality?
Or is this at least one known counterpart to the idea of evil?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I think counterpart is too strong a word. I don't think elves are an equalizing force, since they're not even close to anything of the same nature of being as the Idea of evil.

As for them being influenced by causality, I don't think they'd be a part of it, no. The Holy See has effectively written them out of the lives of humans, so they aren't much of a factor in the overall construction of events in the human world, at least for the past XXXX years. Although that may very well change in the future.

While I bet this has been stated, if Guts is following SK's path, perhaps we should use Guts to predict the past?

Remember, if it was Five angels that "destroyed" the capital, one seems to have gone missing. While some speculate that SK may have been a God Hand, I would guess it's more likely that SK is just like Guts. Or WAS like Guts, anyway. Remember, if the Incarnation takes place every 1000 years, Gaseric would/should have been around for the one of them. What happened to the fifth angel? Perhaps it incarnated in the middle of the city?

What is truly strange is that unlike the Eclipse, the bodies in the capital are there. If they were like the actual eclipse, the would have been eaten by the apostles. Not dried up husks with skin still on them after a century. Not even maggots touch them, apparently. I found that the most shocking aspect of all.

Sword said:
What is truly strange is that unlike the Eclipse, the bodies in the capital are there.  If they were like the actual eclipse, the would have been eaten by the apostles. Not dried up husks with skin still on them after a century.

Those bodies have there a millenia most likely, and yeah... I also find strange the incredibly slow rotting process of those. I don`t know what happened below the Tower of Rebirth, but I`m quite sure many answers will be found when the story takes place on this location again (if ever of course).

Top Bottom