Author Topic: First Berserk Cosplay?  (Read 38956 times)

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
Re: First Berserk Cosplay?
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2006, 09:46:25 PM »
Cosplay kind of scares me...

I'm with you, Proj.  It's one thing to like a character, but to dress up as them for fun...eh, it takes all kinds, I guess. :void:

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2006, 12:16:13 AM »
Hey, I think he did a decent job! He looks fine, whats the problem?
It's you, isn't it?  :troll:
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline handsome rakshas

• Of the Vortex
  • Thanks Grail!
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2006, 12:28:40 AM »
Eh.  He could have at least taken the glasses off just for the picture.

The problem is the same, in my opinion, as alot of other people in cosplay that I have seen and been to. I've been to just a few, and they were all the same. There were two kinds of cosplay people dressed up, and they are as follows:

1)  Let's just put on somehting that looks like the character and yAy! (kinda of like Halloween)

2)  They really try to step into the character, even if they don't really look exactly like the character

Number 2 is always so much better, and that guy definitely wasn't a number 2. No offense to him, I'm sure it was fun, just not my cup of tea.   :serpico:

- C

Wow, I guess a picture really is worth a thousand words.  :guts:
I know a lot of people really object to cosplay, but it is kinda fun. I remember my young, crazy days when I dressed up as Luffy from One Piece.
Gumu Gumu pathetic  Rakshas!

Offline C

« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2006, 12:40:14 AM »
Well it's really not all that bad, maybe I came off as harsh. It's all fun, I just enjoying see more theatrical steps taken. I need to go back to the theater, I haven't been since Phantom of the Opera came I think two or three years ago. It was great.

As far as the cosplay, it's all for fun anyways.   :carcus:

- C

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2006, 05:52:36 PM »
To add onto what C said, I think the worst is a combination of the two: people dressed terribly who take their acting ultra-seriously. I've only been to two conventions in my time and the hugest fucking nerds were the ones acting in character. 

I only dressed up once, as Sakuragi from Slam Dunk, so I was just wearing a custom basketball jersey  :guts: and I wasn't in character. It was fun just to see people who recognized the jersey. But I'll never go to one of those horrid things ever ... again.

(Unless that is, I can get Chris Warner to respond to our questions IN PERSON :ganishka: )
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline TheSkyTraveller

• Of the Interstice
  • Monster adventures on the high seas!
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2006, 08:16:24 PM »
But I'll never go to one of those horrid things ever ... again.

(Unless that is, I can get Chris Warner to respond to our questions IN PERSON :ganishka: )

Psst.  San Diego Comic Con.  :carcus:
A Question
A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.
-Robert Frost-

Offline Ariel

« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2006, 09:06:54 PM »
If I still had a nuch of friends in town all obsessed with anime and cossplay and anime-cons then id go dress up as something.

maybe not necessarily as a character i like. just dress up. as a bubble-tea.    :troll:  *ha-cha-cha-cha-cha*
Hide and seek with the Butler. Whodoneitnow? Idoneitnow!

Offline TheBeast43105

« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2006, 08:45:31 PM »
If I still had a nuch of friends in town all obsessed with anime and cossplay and anime-cons then id go dress up as something.

maybe not necessarily as a character i like. just dress up. as a bubble-tea.    :troll:  *ha-cha-cha-cha-cha*

Eee gads I love bubble tea!

Anyway, I personally would never go to a convention, if only because Berserk is the sole manga and anime I own.  And I also would never want to take the time to actually make a convincing Berserk character outfit, not to mention I find it strange to be dressing up in character, unless its Halloween.

Offline Ariel

« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2006, 11:56:47 PM »
I have Uzumaki manga, which is superb. It would be easy to dress up like the main character of Uzumaki.

<  text=boring  >

I'm aways impressed with realistic costumes. I was supposed to be Sailor Mercury one haloween, but my mom woulnd't help me sew it, and having no sewing abilities myself then, i had to be a hobo.  :miura: but my freind's mother made her a Sailor Moon costume which was excellent. But my hat wne toff to my other friend for her make-shift costume of Sailor Jupiter, because she couldn't sew, but she did better than any other half-assed costume.

<  /boring  >
Hide and seek with the Butler. Whodoneitnow? Idoneitnow!

Sama

« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2006, 10:56:11 PM »

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2006, 11:19:15 AM »

Offline xfool

« Reply #86 on: January 20, 2007, 05:16:41 AM »
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 03:29:53 AM by xfool »

Offline Skullgrin140

« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2007, 11:09:57 AM »

Offline Draco

« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2007, 05:53:35 AM »
I think my jaw just fell off my face.

And here's a nice one I found at Berserk Fan, that italian (I believe) site: http://i19.tinypic.com/2vjtzk6.jpg

Also, have any pictures of a cosplay come up that used this sword? I found these on BF as well, but they were just sword pics, no costumes, and I can't read their language so I was just happy to see a damn nice looking metal dragonslayer.
http://i17.tinypic.com/4d7en42.jpg
http://i19.tinypic.com/446vsds.jpg
http://i12.tinypic.com/44qmsgo.jpg
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 06:21:24 AM by Draco »

"If you follow me to this place, the entire world... is a battlefield." ~Guts

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2007, 07:09:00 AM »
And here's a nice one I found at Berserk Fan, that italian (I believe) site: http://i19.tinypic.com/2vjtzk6.jpg

Isn't that JIN's armor? Looks like it. Here's a bonus shot, during leisure time.

Also, have any pictures of a cosplay come up that used this sword? I found these on BF as well, but they were just sword pics, no costumes, and I can't read their language so I was just happy to see a damn nice looking metal dragonslayer.
http://i17.tinypic.com/4d7en42.jpg
http://i19.tinypic.com/446vsds.jpg
http://i12.tinypic.com/44qmsgo.jpg

Jesus dude, that's Chiba's sword, from our website. These pictures were posted here before they were posted anywhere else. Even if other sites don't have the decency to credit their sources, please at least search the forum before posting...

Here is the original thread.

Offline Blues

• GLUE
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2007, 04:38:02 PM »
Sorry if these have already been posted, but here's some interesting Berserk cosplay pictures that imo do great justice. I do not remember/know from where they originate, so sorry.

yes, I know, greatest way to watch TV.

Enjoy.

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #91 on: March 12, 2007, 05:32:03 PM »
They've all been posted before save for the last 3 as far as I remember.

Also,

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u84/SixStringMusashi/1171574486874.jpg
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u84/SixStringMusashi/1171571391947.jpg

That's JIN's armor. That picture of the armor watching TV comes from here, I've posted it myself years ago. A quick search would have told you that. :SK:

Offline Lithrael

• Of the Nexus
  • Remember, always hold your apple tight
« Reply #92 on: March 12, 2007, 06:25:34 PM »
Those last three kick ass though.  Fun find!  :guts:

Offline Blues

• GLUE
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2007, 07:21:31 PM »
would have told you that. :SK:
Curse search. I wouldn't have found it anyways as the poster of where I got it cited it as new, and I found no topics on cosplay etc by browsing, so I just assumed any thread or such that may have had them was months old at least and didn't need reviving. So yes, mistake on not searching ,but at least enjoy the last three, and I assure you they are far more recent (date).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 07:29:22 PM by Manji »

Offline Pistol

• Of the World
  • black heart with brown eyes
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2008, 09:29:38 PM »
I can't pull off cosplay n_n^ never will have the guts... Too short, but I've yet to see a great Guts (no pun intended) cosplay outside of the berserker armor.

I think this is more because of the fact that Guts is so muscular and larger than life it would be rare for someone to portray him accurately. XD