Who likes metal music??

Confession: I lost my taste for metal music. :judo:
I just don't have any desire to listen to screaming metal.
It gets in the way of my Yoga. :badbone:

Godred

Once sent from the Golden Hall.
I used to listen to a lot of the grim stuffs. But now a days I'm taking it a bit more easy. At the moment I'm listening to Sentenced. Viking/folk is where my metal heart lays now (Pagan fest next month whoot!). Back in the day i used to be all about really grim black metal. But I've always been open to anything. I hate when people back music if its just not THEIR kind of music.
Deadsy used to be my favorite band and now its Amon Amarth.

I just started listening to X Japan, ever since I heard they're having their reunion tour. Oh well, better late than never, I guess.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
I just started listening to X Japan, ever since I heard they're having their reunion tour. Oh well, better late than never, I guess.

You'll live forever in my heart hide. :judo:

Okin

The Ultimate Battle Creature
Slipknot
RATM
SOAD
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Dragon Force
Hammerfall
Bit of Danzig
Andrew WK
A few songs by Breaking Benjamin
Children of Bodom
Dark Tranquility
Korn
Lordi
Skindred
Again, like 2 songs by Three Days Grace
Rob Zombie
Smashing Pumpkins
Disturbed
Rammstein
Guns n' Roses
Nightwish
Velvet Revolver

Bubbles Float High

God hand, shmod hand..
Geez so few for Iron Maiden? They're my fave! I too, am more of an 80's metal kinda person.

Metallica of course (older stuff, master and lightning)
Maiden
Slayer
Pantera
Judas priest
King Diamond(!)
Manowar
Megadeth
dream theatre
DIO
etc.
AND dare I say.. Malmsteen :carcus:

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Like would be an understatement. Been listening to metal for close to 20 years. Though I also listen to classical, classical/flamenco guitar, old country western, baroque guitar, folk (not the 60's crap) music, etc.

Wow, I'm actually surprised to see a bunch of decent band names being posted on here, Meshuggah for one! They're so intricate with their variations, and when bands strive to catch up to them, they're always 3 steps ahead of the flock. If there was a 2001: A Space Odyssey in metal, it'd be Meshuggah. I watched Fear Factory play yesterday, and their set was pretty good, mixing it up with their new album and songs off Demanufacture.

Did anyone go for Maryland Deathfest this year or any of the bigger concerts? I wish I could travel to Europe for the Mountains Of Death fest or Obscenefest!

I listen to a lot of DM (Old School/ Tech/ Brutal and all of their sub-sub genres haha), and Doom, few select Grind/ Thrash/ BM/ Viking/ Folk bands. I can't stand Powermetal or Hardcore or Heavymetal per say.

:ubik: I'm a huge metal fan. And this and the last year were amazing! I mean Converge with Axe to Fall ripped off every head! Kreator, Slayer bombed the shit out of me! Thrash Metal is back. Destruction, Sodom, Kreator, Testament, Death Angel, Exodus.
Black Metal got a new hope. Watain's Sworn to the Dark was unbelievable phat! But now the album is kicking even more asses! Mastodon defined how progressive metal has to sound today. Ihsahn's After was a masterpiece. I'm speechless! Anyway! There's one thing i don't like in metal. And that's Power Metal. Can't stand it. Okay i like Jag Panzer. But that's it. No other band could get my attention of that genre. Just songs.

lg

I'm not a fan of the current decades screaming vocals, I guess I'm too 80's thrash. But I'm not a huge fan of a lot of these weak radio rock bands either. Its time a new band comes along and re-invents the music industry. These mediocre rock bands that haunt the air waves make my daily commutes depressing. I'm actually listening to pop now because I can't stand it. (I'm a huge Rihanna fan now! :void:) But that's partly because I dance a lot. But even pop can have you pulling your hair out sometimes. I guess, its just maintaining a balance, at least when it comes to me.

I do keep up with Dir en Grey.

Metallica still stands as my favorite band of all time.

Hey Death May Die, maybe you should try Airbourne, Biffy Clyro (the last two albums for you), Arcade Fire, The Gaslight Anthem, Danko Jones, Electric Eel Schock (japanese rock, very solid!! and live unbeatable!!) and Volbeat. That would be some bands that could help you going through this disease ;) hrhr

Oburi

All praise Grail
Death May Die said:
I'm not a fan of the current decades screaming vocals, I guess I'm too 80's thrash. But I'm not a huge fan of a lot of these weak radio rock bands either. Its time a new band comes along and re-invents the music industry.

Your painting with a broad brush to say all current screamin metal bands need to be re-invented. Some of the new stuff blows away a lot of that 80's bullshit. If i may make a suggestion, try listening to It Dies Today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbianwyeqy4 - this song is what I imagine to hear during the apocalypse. And even more recently there's this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYTzcubws7Y&feature=avmsc2 The devil Wears Prada - Assistant to the regional manager lol

Hope this helps. There's so many more too. Personally I love the new generation of screaming post hardcore bands. Unfortunately, it died down a lot, but a few bands keep it going and still have some stuff coming out in the future.

kaimera said:
Hey Death May Die, maybe you should try Airbourne, Biffy Clyro (the last two albums for you), Arcade Fire, The Gaslight Anthem, Danko Jones, Electric Eel Schock (japanese rock, very solid!! and live unbeatable!!) and Volbeat. That would be some bands that could help you going through this disease ;) hrhr

Uhh, this is a metal music thread. Lets not mention Arcade Fire and The Gaslight Anthem here just Because Death MAy Die said he likes Rihanna? :mozgus:

Radzeke

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
[size=20pt][glow=black,2,300]NOW THSI SI MAE KIND OF MUZAK!!!

LITTEREDRALLY THES IS WAHT WE LISTIN TOO IN ELEVATARS WHER I CUM FROM!! THES SCREM BANDS DO A GOOD JOB SOWNDING EGGZACKLY A LIEK! LIEK SHIT!!! SOUNS LLIK THEIR TRYING TO YELL OVER TEH COCKS IN THER MOYTHS!! THAT IS WAHT THE APOCALYYPSE SOWNDS LIEK THO!! IF YOU LIEK MUSIC!!!

GOOD THINK I DONT!!!HAHGAHA!!!@

BTW IF YUO DISAGREEK WITH ME NOTISS THES CHEEZSKULL SHATS NOT EVEN IN TEH MUSIC SECSION!!! LOLOMGPWNEFD!!!!11@@1

Oburi said:
Uhh, this is a metal music thread. Lets not mention Arcade Fire and The Gaslight Anthem here just Because Death MAy Die said he likes Rihanna? :mozgus:

[size=20pt][glow=black,2,300]IS CELIN DEION MATAL? I JUST LUV HURR!!!!

Oburi

All praise Grail
NOW THSI SI MAE KIND OF MUZAK!!!

LITTEREDRALLY THES IS WAHT WE LISTIN TOO IN ELEVATARS WHER I CUM FROM!! THES SCREM BANDS DO A GOOD JOB SOWNDING EGGZACKLY A LIEK! LIEK SHIT!!! SOUNS LLIK THEIR TRYING TO YELL OVER TEH COCKS IN THER MOYTHS!! THAT IS WAHT THE APOCALYYPSE SOWNDS LIEK THO!! IF YOU LIEK MUSIC!!!

thebiglebowskijeffbridgo.jpg

Yea, well that's just like, your opinion man.

Oburi said:
Your painting with a broad brush to say all current screamin metal bands need to be re-invented. Some of the new stuff blows away a lot of that 80's bullshit. If i may make a suggestion, try listening to It Dies Today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbianwyeqy4 - this song is what I imagine to hear during the apocalypse. And even more recently there's this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYTzcubws7Y&feature=avmsc2 The devil Wears Prada - Assistant to the regional manager lol

Hope this helps. There's so many more too. Personally I love the new generation of screaming post hardcore bands. Unfortunately, it died down a lot, but a few bands keep it going and still have some stuff coming out in the future.

I apologize, but I think you misunderstood me. Although I don't prefer screaming vocals, it wasn't particularly that I wish was re-invented. When I said I wish the industry would be re-invented, I was directing it at more so the rock/metal mainstream radio world. I'm talking about something along the lines, like when Nirvana came along and ended the entire hair metal band era of the 80's. (For better or worse.)

hair metal aka glam metal was destined to vanish! Because it was shitty music by people that dressed sometimes cool and sometimes not.

@Oburi, okay that's not metal, but cool music. Just cool music to chill.

@DMD There is some Metal that is very oldschol, like ASG and The Ocean. They may be something you cold like. It is Stone Rock/Metal with clean singing. But Riffs that are heavy as fuck, real sludge!

Radzeke

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL
Oburi said:
thebiglebowskijeffbridgo.jpg

Yea, well that's just like, your opinion man.

[size=20pt][glow=black,2,300]LOL I HATE TEH FUCKIN EAGLES OF DETH METAL MAN!!!!1

kaimera said:
hair metal aka glam metal was destined to vanish! Because it was shitty music by people that dressed sometimes cool and sometimes not.

[size=20pt][glow=black,2,300]OH YEAS BACK THAN THEY DRESSED IN LETHER WIT GROSS HARE AND MAKUP AND A CONTRIVED IMAGE AND FAEK LIEFSTILE TO SELL TOO CONFUSED FAGGOTS LIEK THEMSELVES!! SO MUCH DIFFRENT FROM METAL ACTS TODAY LOL!!!!11@ AVERY1 NOES TEH MOAR RAEL YUOR BRAND OF METAL KLAMES TO BE TEH FAKER IT RAELLY IS!!! METAL LIVES OFF THES COPSMIC IORONI! AT LEST GALM METAL WAS EXALTLY WHAT IT WAS AND WHAT METAL STILL IS TODAY A BIG COCKROCK JERKOFF TAKEN ITSEUF TO SERILISSLY!!! TATS Y GALM METAL IS TEH MOST RAEL FORM OF METAL EVER!!! ASND WEN U MISP{ELL ITY LEIK THAT IT ACTULLY DOES SOWND HARDCOAR!!! GALM METAL!!!!11 THAT'S TEH FUCKIN MUSIC OF TEH SKULL LORD!!!

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
SKuLL LoRD said:
[size=20pt][glow=black,2,300]OH YEAS BACK THAN THEY DRESSED IN LETHER WIT GROSS HARE AND MAKUP AND A CONTRIVED IMAGE AND FAEK LIEFSTILE TO SELL TOO CONFUSED FAGGOTS LIEK THEMSELVES!! SO MUCH DIFFRENT FROM METAL ACTS TODAY LOL!!!!11@ AVERY1 NOES TEH MOAR RAEL YUOR BRAND OF METAL KLAMES TO BE TEH FAKER IT RAELLY IS!!! METAL LIVES OFF THES COPSMIC IORONI! AT LEST GALM METAL WAS EXALTLY WHAT IT WAS AND WHAT METAL STILL IS TODAY A BIG COCKROCK JERKOFF TAKEN ITSEUF TO SERILISSLY!!! TATS Y GALM METAL IS TEH MOST RAEL FORM OF METAL EVER!!! ASND WEN U MISP{ELL ITY LEIK THAT IT ACTULLY DOES SOWND HARDCOAR!!! GALM METAL!!!!11 THAT'S TEH FUCKIN MUSIC OF TEH SKULL LORD!!!

You know... there's a few decent points in there, actually.

Top Bottom