Was Mozgus an apostle or really a devoted servant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Was Mozgus an apostel or really a devoted servant

Actually, that was what I was confused about. I assumed the Apostle who swallowed the Demon Fetus' backstory might have been Griffith's backstory. I had no idea if Griffith might not have been under all those corpses. It seemed unlikely, though. I'm glad to hear that this is just a random Apostle.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Was Mozgus an apostel or really a devoted servant

willowhugger said:
Is that meant to be Reborn Griffith's natal form?

Griffith wasn't reborn but rather Femto was incarnated, please use the proper term.

willowhugger said:
I assumed the Apostle who swallowed the Demon Fetus' backstory might have been Griffith's backstory. I had no idea if Griffith might not have been under all those corpses.

What the hell are you talking about? The Beherit-Apostle being Griffith? How could that be? No, he was just a miserable, deformed guy. His claim to fame is that he was instrumental in bringing Femto to the world in the form of a new Griffith. He was a peculiar apostle, but still only one among the others.

What?

Griffith has no real backstory other than being a kid who loved the castle.

I knew that Griffith was reincarnated (I'm not sure that this is the best term given the religious connotations----would re-embodied be better?), so that's why I wondered.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
willowhugger said:
What?

Griffith has no real backstory other than being a kid who loved the castle.

We don't know of his childhood, but then again we don't really need to. After that we know what he did as a teenager: forming the Band of the Falcon. Now the point is that you said you thought "the Apostle who swallowed the Demon Fetus' backstory might have been Griffith's backstory", and I don't see how that makes sense at all. I don't understand how one could be mistaken about it, because it's all quite plain in the manga.

willowhugger said:
I knew that Griffith was reincarnated (I'm not sure that this is the best term given the religious connotations----would re-embodied be better?), so that's why I wondered.

The correct term for what he went through is "incarnation" (that is, Femto was incarnated into a new Griffith), and the religious connotations are also present with the original Japanese word.

We don't know of his childhood, but then again we don't really need to. After that we know what he did as a teenager: forming the Band of the Falcon. Now the point is that you said you thought "the Apostle who swallowed the Demon Fetus' backstory might have been Griffith's backstory", and I don't see how that makes sense at all. I don't understand how one could be mistaken about it, because it's all quite plain in the manga.

???

There's many things about that story but quite plain isn't one of them. I didn't think it was Griffith's backstory, hence why I asked, but I don't believe anyone can honestly state that a random Apostle swallowing a Demon Fetus to become the vessel for a Godhand is quite plain with a straight face.

It's what happened, certainly, but that is the definition of convoluted.

Thank you, however, for explaining it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
willowhugger said:
There's many things about that story but quite plain isn't one of them. I didn't think it was Griffith's backstory, hence why I asked, but I don't believe anyone can honestly state that a random Apostle swallowing a Demon Fetus to become the vessel for a Godhand is quite plain with a straight face.

It's what happened, certainly, but that is the definition of convoluted.

I meant the apostle's backstory. When he tells Luca about it I think it's pretty clear he's talking about his own life. And I don't think you understand the meaning of "plain" as I used it in that sentence. But whatever, as long as you're not mistaken then all is well.

Consider this about Mozgus: his men were all freaks, even the most normal looking of them all was freak due having to keep himself covered on account of what would happen if his skin touched sunlight. Considering that wouldn't it be enough to assume that Mozgus was a freak himself?

If you can consider Guts to be a damn fine specimen of a human being due to his strength, resilience, endurance
and overall physical ability with him basically being super human without him being seen as freakish, then shouldn't Mozgus and his guards be seen being as strong due the very fact that they are indeed freaks?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
But, Moz and his servants only got really strong after they became pseudo-apostles. At that point, it doesn't really matter if they were freaks or not -- their strength came from their evil taint.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I don't see much relevance in what you're saying, ash. Mozgus and his men could hold their own against peasants, but they weren't superhuman fighters or anything like that. As you might recall, Mozgus couldn't even run because of his knees. They wouldn't have lasted a second against Guts if the Beherit-Apostle hadn't transformed them. Same thing for the heretics' leader (the goat man).

Anyway, I don't know why this thread's still active after all that time. It shouldn't have been revived in the first place. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom