Is it possible that guts is going to be unhuman or immortal like skull night?

ctnami

Skull knight is powerful and immortal.
I have read berserk till vol.28(In my country vol.29-31 haven't published yet) The character that I like most is skull knight because he looks powerful, and Zodd cannot defeat him.
So I think Guts is going to be inhuman or immortal like skull Knight.
Is it possible?

(My english is too bad .Sorry if there are wrong words or grammars.)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Is it possible that guts is going to be unhuman or immortal like skull night

In an interview several years ago, Miura said he would like Guts to remain human. That's... about as much of a confirmation I think you can get that he won't be like SK and especially Zodd. But then, it's been many years :guts:

ctnami

Skull knight is powerful and immortal.
I forgot to explain my theory.
Because of  berserk 's armor that eat it owner blood and most :beast:of the owner usually die except the owner is immortal.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Is it possible that guts is going to be unhuman or immortal like skull night

ctnami said:
I forgot to explain my theory.
Because of berserk 's armor that eat it owner blood and most :beast:of the owner usually die except the owner is immortal.
Yeah, I sorta knew that was your point :badbone: It's been discussed in several threads here. Still, it doesn't change what Miura said.

You should really make sure you clearly understand the legend though. Schierke said the armor's previous OWNER died while wearing the armor. There's no "usually" about it, since, as far as we know, it hasn't happened more than once.

I think Guts is already not complete Human :chomp: :chomp:
We will see whats happen in Elfhem maybe they not only cure Casca :casca:

I could see him undergoing several more changes and still be considered overall human, if Miura is officially staying true to his words. I'm very interested to see his next step up from the Berserker Armour, and we can only assume he is going to go through more changes to have enough strength to reach his goal.

Dirty Dog

Walter said:
Yeah, I sorta knew that was your point  :badbone: It's been discussed in several threads here. Still, it doesn't change what Miura said.

You should really make sure you clearly understand the legend though. Schierke said the armor's previous OWNER died while wearing the armor. There's no "usually" about it, since, as far as we know, it hasn't happened more than once.
I thought that the Skull Knight was the armor's previous owner?

either way, I doubt that Guts will become like the Skull Knight.

For starters, Skull Knight seems to be the "protector" of destiny (like how he wants to kill Void), while Guts is clearly struggling against it.
Also, judging by the wounds that Skull Knight gave Zodd in their fight at the eclipse, and looking at how much stronger Guts has gotten since his fight against Zodd, it's very likely that Guts' strength is already near the same level as Skull Knight's, so the only reason for Guts to surrender his humanity to become LIKE Skull Knight is for immortality. (Or possibly to free himself of both the brand and the beast, keeping himself from harming Caska and making it easier for him to fight Femto/Griffith)

For starters, Skull Knight seems to be the "protector" of destiny (like how he wants to kill Void), while Guts is clearly struggling against it.
Well, I'm a little confused about what exactly you meant by this. If you are referring to causality than I would say that Skull Knight actually struggles against it also, the whole "jumping fish" thing was used to describe him first. I'm also curious as to how you think that killing Void would mean protecting causality (assuming I'm interpreting your use of "destiny" correctly).
Also, judging by the wounds that Skull Knight gave Zodd in their fight at the eclipse, and looking at how much stronger Guts has gotten since his fight against Zodd, it's very likely that Guts' strength is already near the same level as Skull Knight's
Here, I think you actually underestimate Skull Knight a bit. Aside from the fact that Guts is yet to inflict such serious wounds upon Zodd (eg. to cut his arm off), there are other things SK is capable of, remember the Yobimizu No Tsurugi!
the only reason for Guts to surrender his humanity to become LIKE Skull Knight is for immortality. (Or possibly to free himself of both the brand and the beast, keeping himself from harming Casca and making it easier for him to fight Femto/Griffith)
Since we know so little of SK's true nature and past, there's IMHO little room to consider this as fact.

Dirty Dog

vlad said:
Well, I'm a little confused about what exactly you meant by this. If you are referring to causality than I would say that Skull Knight actually struggles against it also, the whole "jumping fish" thing was used to describe him first. I'm also curious as to how you think that killing Void would mean protecting causality (assuming I'm interpreting your use of "destiny" correctly).Here, I think you actually underestimate Skull Knight a bit. Aside from the fact that Guts is yet to inflict such serious wounds upon Zodd (eg. to cut his arm off), there are other things SK is capable of, remember the Yobimizu No Tsurugi!
Since we know so little of SK's true nature and past, there's IMHO little room to consider this as fact.
You confused me on the first one... o_O or maybe I was confused to begin with, dunno.

And I think I may've been underestimating skull knight a bit myself, but personally I think that Guts (with the DS, of course.. with a normal weapon, it'd be a different story) is capable of doing as much damage to Zodd as Skull Knight had. (especially with the Berserker Armor)

And I know that not much is known about the Skull Knight, but plenty is known about Guts. I was basing that last point on what I've come to expect from Guts, not on what I know about Skull Knight.
While Guts seems to be following a path similar to the path (we assume) the Skull Knight took, I don't think Guts would become like him if it wasn't essential to his survival or to protecting Caska.

You confused me on the first one... o_O or maybe I was confused to begin with, dunno.
The whole "jumping fish" reference is first used by Slan and is directed to Skull Knight, who later expands it a bit when talking to Guts (there are a couple of threads about it like this one http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=4177.0)
I think that Guts (with the DS, of course.. with a normal weapon, it'd be a different story) is capable of doing as much damage to Zodd as Skull Knight had. (especially with the Berserker Armor)
Well the fight at the hill of swords shows Guts doing some damage but not really that serious. If the fight wasn't stopped IMHO he would have lost. On the other hand at Flora's SK is more than holding his own (I'm using this fight as reference since the two are not that far apart). The Berserk Armor on the other hand does offer a lot but also has drawbacks (for example if the fight was to last he could bleed to death), so, for me at least, it's difficult to tell weather it would bring Guts up to par with Skull Knight (well in his current state certainly not).
While Guts seems to be following a path similar to the path (we assume) the Skull Knight took, I don't think Guts would become like him if it wasn't essential to his survival or to protecting Casca.
Well, here in lies the problem. We don't really know that much about what made Skull Knight what he is now so it is hard to say how it would affect Guts (what would happen to the Beast or the Brand). Plus it is pretty much safe to say that their path's are not going to be identical.

Dirty Dog

vlad said:
The whole "jumping fish" reference is first used by Slan and is directed to Skull Knight, who later expands it a bit when talking to Guts (there are a couple of threads about it like this one http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=4177.0)Well the fight at the hill of swords shows Guts doing some damage but not really that serious. If the fight wasn't stopped IMHO he would have lost. On the other hand at Flora's SK is more than holding his own (I'm using this fight as reference since the two are not that far apart). The Berserk Armor on the other hand does offer a lot but also has drawbacks (for example if the fight was to last he could bleed to death), so, for me at least, it's difficult to tell weather it would bring Guts up to par with Skull Knight (well in his current state certainly not).Well, here in lies the problem. We don't really know that much about what made Skull Knight what he is now so it is hard to say how it would affect Guts (what would happen to the Beast or the Brand). Plus it is pretty much safe to say that their path's are not going to be identical.
So we agree, their paths won't be identical.
And I don't know the effect it would have on the beast, but I would imagine that the brand is bound to the flesh, which Skull Knight appears not to have.
(I personally believe that the beast is part of Guts' soul, and has always been there, just that its presence wasn't noticeable until Guts was "between two worlds", or however it was said.)

and, as for my first point, I remember the quote know.
Skull Knight said: "I've said that I would strike down Void; this is still foretold by fate... shall it be here?" (chapter 80)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Dirty Dog said:
and, as for my first point, I remember the quote know.
Skull Knight said: "I've said that I would strike down Void; this is still foretold by fate... shall it be here?" (chapter 80)
That's a common mistranslation, popularized by ThE HaWkS. Here's the correct line: "I suppose that this encounter too is, as Void would say, in the flow of the Causality... In that case, I entrust my life to this sword."

Check THIS thread for more common mistranslations, mostly as a result of ThE CaWkS.

Dirty Dog

Walter said:
That's a common mistranslation, popularized by ThE HaWkS. Here's the correct line: "I suppose that this encounter too is, as Void would say, in the flow of the Causality... In that case, I entrust my life to this sword."

Check THIS thread for more common mistranslations, mostly as a result of ThE CaWkS.
In that case, my bad.
:guts:

Top Bottom