Death note

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Smith said:
Anyone watch the movie?

I feel that this time Jap movie have done a good job. This movie is really awesome
I watched it on TV with the wife since she loves the manga. The other half of the movie is coming out this month. I was surprised that they released the first movie on TV not long after it came out in the movie theaters.

Other then some things that Light did differently, I suppose its looking like a good enough adaptation.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Hey damn! I've been meaning to start reading the manga! I'm glad the film adaptation was good, I'll check it out. Next, a well made Bleach live action movie. Then, the circle of evil will be complete.

handsome rakshas said:
Hey damn! I've been meaning to start reading the manga! I'm glad the film adaptation was good, I'll check it out. Next, a well made Bleach live action movie. Then, the circle of evil will be complete.

Lol then u suppose the hideous looking shinigami should be replaced by the all cool Aizen Sosuke LOL...

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Smith said:
Lol then u suppose the hideous looking shinigami should be replaced by the all cool Aizen Sosuke LOL...

Yes, all hot Aizen clones. Also, throw in some Emo looking kid crying blood to play Ulquiorra. But leave in some of the ugly Shinigmi. This guy could play Kurotsuchi.

My hero!
KMFDM_Sascha_sm.jpg

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
handsome rakshas said:
Yes, all hot Aizen clones. Also, throw in some Emo looking kid crying blood to play Ulquiorra. But leave in some of the ugly Shinigmi. This guy could play Kurotsuchi.

My hero!
KMFDM_Sascha_sm.jpg
Good'ol Kap'n K!

I think Adios was/is there best album ever.

Stream

Inousha
When it comes to manga, I think it's absolutely brilliant piece up to chapter 59.
From there, it's fine, but has flaws.

However, I've seen the first movie and though I think they made a verrrry good job, somehow it's just not as amazing as manga was. :/
BUT, perhaps it's just that it's better when you don't know what's gonna happen next..
So I gotta admit that the best parts of the movie to me were ones which they altered from the manga.

Anyway, I accidentally read some spoilers about the second movie (darn), and it seems to me they put some good ideas in there, and an impressive original twist.

...Can't wait to see that one too! :)

p.s. I think Ryuk was well made, though his movements were occasionally frantic in a funny way :serpico:

And L is wonderful ! :D

Stream

Inousha
Exactly! That was the very thing I missed the most. Hopefully there'll be more of their ego/brain dueling in the sequel.

I am a big fan of the manga and I'm really enjoying the anime currently. Not very often does the anime version of the story equal the manga, but IMO it certainly is.

I have the Death Note movie somewhere, and I have yet to bring myself to watch it. I have seen bits and pieces and from what I saw, Light doesn't seem like a good choice for the role (despite being a Battle Royale fan) as with L.
Because I hold the manga so highly I am worried it might ruin the story for me a bit if I sit through the whole thing in all honesty, I wasn't impressed with what I saw.

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
Love the manga. As a manga. I'm looking forward to the anime, but I doubt I'll enjoy the movie much. Japanese Live action cinema is often at its worst when adapting anime, and I hate the pure CGIness of the Ryuk model.

Yeah, Ryuk did look a bit dodgy. Still, his reaction to finding out he can't eat any apples was priceless! Think I might have to have a Ryuk halloween costume this year.

Top Bottom