AOW now accepting credit card?

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Is this new or have I been out of the loop? I just got a email saying that credit cards will be accepted starting November 17th.

''Open of Credit Card service
Credit Card will be acceptable for all merchandise's payment settlement since 17 November, 2006 (Japanese time). please refer to "How to Order" to see the details.
*In regard to payment of BERSERK "Gaiseric Pendant",if you want to pay by Credit Card, please contact us by e-mail.''

Chiba

Proud owner of a Dragonslayer
Yes that's new.
I just got that mail too and it makes me very happy. Finally no more stupid bank transfer fees. :D
I hope I can already pay my Armored Berserk & Fire Dragon by credit card.

N

Ng51386

It seems to be a temporary thing, they only mentioned current amounts due, and also the recent Farnese statue. So they might not ever accept credit cards again!! :troll:

Ng51386 said:
It seems to be a temporary thing, they only mentioned current amounts due, and also the recent Farnese statue. So they might not ever accept credit cards again!! :troll:

I have to doubt it. THey aren't going to go to the trouble and the expense of taking foreign credit cards and then change their minds.

EDIT: This is good news!

N

Ng51386

I hope it's not temporary too, but I wouldnt be completely surprised if they went back to their old ways.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ng51386 said:
I hope it's not temporary too, but I wouldnt be completely surprised if they went back to their old ways.

Me neither, they accepted credit cards for Japanese customers at some point in the past and then stopped for some unknown reason. But this time it's global and nothing indicates they plan on keeping it temporary. Besides like CnC just said, I think they'll quickly understand how advantageous this is for their international customers, and what a formidable incentive to buy it represents.

Has anyone encountered any problems when paying Art of War using a credit card? I recently just paid for the Armored Berserk & Fire Dragon statue using my card and the company immediately put a block on my card and called my house telling me they shut my card off due to a 'suspicous and possibly fraud transaction'. After I told them I was the one who authorized that transaction they re-activated my card. Has anyone else had problems like this?

Chiba

JigokuShoujo said:
Has anyone encountered any problems when paying Art of War using a credit card? I recently just paid for the Armored Berserk & Fire Dragon statue using my card and the company immediately put a block on my card and called my house telling me they shut my card off due to a 'suspicous and possibly fraud transaction'. After I told them I was the one who authorized that transaction they re-activated my card. Has anyone else had problems like this?

I expirienced something similar. Yesterday I ordered some books on Amazon and after the order confirmation mail I got an eMail saying that they couldn't verify my Credit Card. I then told them to try it again and I haven't received any more mails yet. This might just be a coincidence, since I haven't received any information from the CC company yet that they locked my card, but it might also be related. Let's see what happens over the next days.

Update: Seems as if it really was just a weird coincidence, Amazon just shipped my order.

JigokuShoujo said:

That kind of stuff happens. I made a $4k purchase a few weeks ago (not AoW) and they called and asked ect. ect. Purchases with foreign companies are probably red flagged if you don't regullary make them.

I too, have been having difficulties with this credit card payment. Who here has it got it to work??? I'm tried two different VISA cards for my Wellsfargo account, and after I go through all the steps, I get a "You credit card settlement has been cancelled, please try again" on the AOW website.

I've emailed AOW about it and all they said was that I shouldn't put "-" between my numbers (which i didn't) and that their bank says my credit card #s are wrong.. Makes no sense to me.

On a side note, I did get one rejected charge on my credit card a few days ago (it was for an ebay fee), but I've been using my credit card all week at stores/restuarants and have had no trouble...

Any clues?

Chiba

I have a Mastercard and it worked on the first try. AoW confirmed that they received my payment the next day, but it doesn't show up on my CC bill yet. The only difficulties I had are described above, but I don't know if they're connected to the AoW payment.

Well, I got it to work. It's actually a similar case to up above. Basically, BOTH my credit cards kept declining every charge because they thought it to be possible credit card fraud. It's a combination of reasons:

1. Foreign currency
2. Unfamiliar recipient
3. Lots of recent credit card activity (I bought a Wii with lots of games and 3 extra Wii-motes and Nunchunks... WIIIIIIIIII!!!! :guts:)

That explains it =)

my try got accept from the get go.. but nothing showed up on my cc-bill.. email AOW about it, they said it won't show up 'till a month from now =|
i wonder why?

DirectDK said:
Well, I got it to work.  It's actually a similar case to up above.  Basically, BOTH my credit cards kept declining every charge because they thought it to be possible credit card fraud.  It's a combination of reasons:

1. Foreign currency
2. Unfamiliar recipient
3. Lots of recent credit card activity (I bought a Wii with lots of games and 3 extra Wii-motes and Nunchunks... WIIIIIIIIII!!!! :guts:)

That explains it =)

Mine worked fine using my debit visa card. I bought a a Wii, Zelda, an extra wii-mote/nunchunk and classic controller this week too!!!!

Femto the Raven

The location of agony? The human soul.
I've had similliar problems with my Bank of America acount, they even froze my account after I ordered the Slan statue, but I had them sorted out and got my stuff shipped.

From what I understand, it's just them trying to prevent Identity theft, a pain in the ass to be sure, but after the inital problem, there have been no others.

Locus of Agony said:
I've had similliar problems with my Bank of America acount, they even froze my account after I ordered the Slan statue, but I had them sorted out and got my stuff shipped.

From what I understand, it's just them trying to prevent Identity theft, a pain in the ass to be sure, but after the inital problem, there have been no others.

Yeah I just had them put a travel tag on one of my cards. No problem since.

Top Bottom