Episode 202

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think there's any (not according to this episode anyway).
But this episode hints at a possible connection we hadn't suspected between Guts' Beherit and _one particular_ Elf.
Yeah, i noticed that too on the left-most panel on pageOHYEAHNOONEHASTHISCHAPTERBUTPUELLA...!

Yeah, i noticed that too on the left-most panel on pageOHYEAHNOONEHASTHISCHAPTERBUTPUELLA...!
I'm just saying Flora gives Guts a lecture about how Beherits "know" who their "real owners" (those who will use it) are.
And just at that moment, there's a weird 2-pannel gag with Puck yelling to get "his Betty" back...

Maybe it's more "Puck's Beherit" than "Guts' one", after all...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I'm just saying Flora gives Guts a lecture about how Beherits "know" who their "real owners" (those who will use it) are.
And just at that moment, there's a weird 2-pannel gag with Puck yelling to get "his Betty" back...

Wow... I totally never thought of that before. The whole Puck/Betty thing. I always figured it was just for comic relief. Good call.

puella

Berserk forever

Was it Betty? I thought it's "badge" because it is put "betchi(?)" in Japanese. I got it confused. :-X

:'(
my damn jinx. I always lose precious thing :'(

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
There was a parody in what Puck agitates himself in Guts' pouch, activates the Beherith and the two of them find themselves in front of Phempt, with astonishement of all three: I don't remember who the author was. Maybe Miura himself? Anyway you have to remember that the Beherit, by himself doesn't prompt to a sacrifice, it simply evokes the Godhand and open a extradimensional door. In other words it could be used also from someone who wants to face the five Godhands in a last desperate battle

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use

Ok, you guys remember when Guts first noticed Griffiths behelit, remember how it's eye opened when Guts held it to look at it closer. I don't think that happens everyday or to just anyone. I wonder if that behelit ever opened its eye(s) at Griffith. Griffith said something to Guts like "it almost looks alive doesnt it"....now that doesnt mean it did open its eye or made any sort of movement towards Griffith. And way back in Volume 2, pg 28, in Vargas' lab, Guts behelit opens its eye when Puck was leaning against it...

Were there any other times a behelit opened its eye(s), when blood doesnt touch it ofcourse.

Also, what are the chances that the old fortune teller Griffith got his behelit was infact Flora....

Vermillion

Doubtful... Flora isn't a fortune-teller, and she obviously doesn't like Beherits...

Perhaps she's not one by profession, but maybe she was disguised as one.

Vermillion

Maybe she saw promise in Griffith and thought he can bring some change to the world and that he would do good things. Realizing her mistake, maybe she is trying to put a stop to it in subtle ways. Maybe thats why she taught Schierke to wield powerful magic and made her join Guts. Just maybe....

.....Hey!!! Thats a whole lot of maybes.... :D

roberto999

The last explanations are not explanations at all because what Flora says are basically things that everyone, more or less, knew or suspected. Also her description of the spirit world really tell us nothing that could change our way to see the Berserk universe. So why Miura is wasting three issue to take us nowhere? WHat he is really planning?

puella

Berserk forever
The last explanations are not explanations at all because what Flora says are basically things that everyone, more or less, knew or suspected. Also her description of the spirit world really tell us nothing that could change our way to see the Berserk universe. So why Miura is wasting three issue  to take us nowhere? WHat he is really planning?
I concur. it's exactly what I meant above. 8)

What does puck have to sacrifice?

Guts maybe? But he's already branded.

His hometown, Elfheim would probably make a very good sacrifice...especially if Gutts should have left Caska there. :eek:

Evil Puck... I just can't imagine it...

Maybe she saw promise in Griffith and thought he can bring some change to the world and that he would do good things. Realizing her mistake, maybe she is trying to put a stop to it in subtle ways. Maybe thats why she taught Schierke to wield powerful magic and made her join Guts. Just maybe....

.....Hey!!! Thats a whole lot of maybes.... :D
Wasn't the old woman just Conrad + Ubik? at least in the anime..

roberto999

I am very worried about the "his Betty" part.And to think that Miura did give to Puck a real she-elf ;D ;D ;D ;D

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
Wasn't the old woman just Conrad + Ubik? at least in the anime..

Err... during the eclipse, but were talking about the original old lady.

i thought it might've been more than just a simple rememberance as well. for one thing, the fortune teller knew
1) the name of the artifact, 2) its correct function, 3) the requirements necessary to perform its function.
pretty detailed knowledge. i've run into plenty of sales reps who couldn't match that level of product knowledge. in short, it's a bit fishy & i always assumed, from the above points, that it very well might've been conrad/ubik, or someone at least under very direct godhand influence (like slann's head priest during the infamous orgy). so yeah, i don't think it's all that unlikely of an assumption.

roberto999

If I understand well someone is speaking about a "Granny" in the anime and others in the Manga? We should keep separate the two (the anime and the manga) because they are not the same thing, like Puck (that in the anime is interpreted by the fantastic four invisible girl) well knows ;D without considering the fact that the anime WAS NOT WRITTEN BY MIURA that is only quoted in the end titles how the author of the original manga from that the anime was taken

Top Bottom