Dark Horse Releases

Thats what i love about this board :). Got everything you need here, information no one else has :D.

We <3 you Chris Warner, make it bi-monthly please :).

It's hard enough waiting the 6 months or so to import each issue as it comes out in Japan lol, re-reading the Dark Horse prints helps me take up time and brush back up on what i may have forgotten.

Very awsome indeed, thanks Chris...but i have to say as much is it may suck waiting 3 months for a volume it's not nearly as bad as the wait between Blade of the Immortal volumes.

Zelz said:
Atleast they are making progress... but really I'm thinking of going with the Japanese version.
yeah they are making progress, hopefully it will be bimonthly. anyway the Japanese version is amazing, but to anyone who wants to read it in English i have to say i believe DarkHorse does an amazing job.

THE BEAST said:
Very awsome indeed, thanks Chris...but i have to say as much is it may suck waiting 3 months for a volume it's not nearly as bad as the wait between Blade of the Immortal volumes.

Hi everybody,

Chris Warner here, Dark Horse Berserk editor. Good news! Assuming everything works out contractually, it looks like we'll be moving the Berserk schedule up to bimonthly starting with volume 13, which will be moved up to a September 20 2006 ship date (which would put it on-sale in comics shops September 27 and sometime in early October in the mass-market bookstores). We can't start this schedule any sooner than #13, because we had to set dates for earlier 2006 titles a long time ago for our distributors.

Anyway, more books for you, more work for me--Merry Christmas!

Chris

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chris Warner said:
Good news! Assuming everything works out contractually, it looks like we'll be moving the Berserk schedule up to bimonthly starting with volume 13

Hi Chris, excellent news, thanks for informing us this early. That's a neat Christmas present. :guts:

Tenro

...You tit.
Can't.... stop.... dancing.... jig....

Seriously though, if this works out and the translation stays the same quality, this is some of the best news I've heard all month!

Excellent news! It seems like the Berserk manga take forever to be released. And what the heck was up with Volume 9? The text would be cut off at the edge of the page so you just had to assume what they were saying. I hope they don't repeat that in volume 10.

Tenro

...You tit.
Tell Me Why said:
What the heck was up with Volume 9? The text would be cut off at the edge of the page so you just had to assume what they were saying.
I don't remember this. Can you cite a spot for me to look for it, beacuse maybe you got a bad printing.

Awesome news about the sped up release of Berserk in the US. At that rate, we'll get to volume 14 by next Christmas. Great to hear this news. :)

Tell Me Why said:
Excellent news! It seems like the Berserk manga take forever to be released. And what the heck was up with Volume 9? The text would be cut off at the edge of the page so you just had to assume what they were saying. I hope they don't repeat that in volume 10.

Hi. Chris Warner from Dark Horse here. This problem does crop up every so often, mostly due to the very tight fit we have to deal with in some of the bleed pages (where artwork goes right to the edge fo the paper), particularly in small panels that doen't have a lot of extra room to expand balloons; if the paper shifts even a little in printing or trimming (which happens all the time), stuff close to the trim line can get clipped. It's not unusual for most of the copies to be fine and some to get some shift, which is just the nature of a big sheet of paper being printed with a 32 story pages (16 to a side), then folded, bound, and trimmed, all very fast and with relatively imprecise mechanical and human systems. If a sheet shifts by even 1/8", stuff can easily get clipped when the margin for error is so low. Since Japanese is written vertically and English horizontally, text fitting in small panels can be very problematic, since you don't want to cover up critical art with expanded word balloons. That said, any time you see something like this, or any other error, let me know (chrisw@darkhorse.com) with specifics and we'll try to correct it in a future printing.

BTW, could somebody do me a favor and email me a list of the total book page counts (including front and back matter) of the Japanese Berserk editions from volumes 13 on? I'd be much obliged.

Thanks a lot for supporting the book, everybody, and have a Happy Holiday!

scroto

Mmm....You don't say?
Oh wow I just found out about this from another site that is saying another site is quoting us!! Hot damn Skullknight.net just got mad, mad props all over the internet!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Chris Warner said:
BTW, could somebody do me a favor and email me a list of the total book page counts (including front and back matter) of the Japanese Berserk editions from volumes 13 on? I'd be much obliged.

Hi Chris, you can find that kind of information in the SK.net Berserk Encyclopedia (link).

scroto said:
Oh wow I just found out about this from another site that is saying another site is quoting us!! Hot damn Skullknight.net just got mad, mad props all over the internet!

Hahaha, well if people always cited their source when taking stuff from here, the props would be neverending. :badbone:

Top Bottom