Dark Horse Releases

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
hum in episode 149 meeting again (the reunion in the dark horse release) there is something odd.. in page sixteen panel three there is one bubble that says "guts..." i figured it's Isidro saying that but the bubble point at casca?! that is not possible is it? aaz enlighten me on that pleaaaaase! i was wondering if in the original jap. release if the bubble point at Isidro or what?

Edit: forget it it's Puck i just didnt notice him at first in casca's shirt! silly me!

A

avidwriter

Did 19 ship. I had it on preorder but it still says preorder...Just wondering if its them or if DH had a delay. Thanks.

jackson_hurley

they are definitely out i bought mine like the 27th of september! maybe it got delayed in the mail or something I'm sure you'll get it soon

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
jackson_hurley said:
they are definitely out i bought mine like the 27th of september! maybe it got delayed in the mail or something I'm sure you'll get it soon

Yeah, I got mine from the local Kinokuniya Bookstore on Monday.  I don't order them from Amazon.com anymore, due to the length of time it usually takes to ship them.

A

avidwriter

avidwriter said:
Did 19 ship. I had it on preorder but it still says preorder...Just wondering if its them or if DH had a delay. Thanks.

Ok it shipped. Seems they just ship late, as per the usual. I get mine 3 weeks after everyone else. :judo:

jackson_hurley

avidwriter said:
Ok it shipped. Seems they just ship late, as per the usual. I get mine 3 weeks after everyone else. :judo:

sadly these shits happen! i remember one of the first volumes got delayed for like 3 weeks i was going crazy considering that i wanted to know what happended (it was during the golden age and i was hype to know the real story instead of the anime(yeah i got into berserk because of the anime and wanted more like a lot of people!) anyway hope you enjoyed vol. 19 so far! cant wait for vol.20!

i'm glad they translated it as "pseudo-apostle" because the first time i read through Berserk i failed to notice the Egg-apostle's attack on the baphomet guy and Mozgus. i thought they were real apostles and so Mozgus confused the hell out of me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
A.C said:
i'm glad they translated it as "pseudo-apostle" because the first time i read through Berserk i failed to notice the Egg-apostle's attack on the baphomet guy and Mozgus. i thought they were real apostles and so Mozgus confused the hell out of me.

Well I sure hope you're glad they translate terms correctly, that's the least you should expect. It's surprising that you missed the Beherit-Apostle's role in the pseudo-apostles' transformation though, even if you didn't have a good translation. For Mozgus in particular it's pretty explicit.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I agree with aaz in that I don't think thats much of a translation issue. That kind of thing is pretty easily picked up in the pictures (unless they've been covered by sfx :troll:)

A

avidwriter

I got 19 and besides a few "dents" which you can only see in the right angle of light its fine. I didn't see any page tears or anything. One page was pretty far into the "crease" Guts says "Answer" and you cant see the "A" unless you really open the book which I didnt want to, I like to have crease free manga : ) I'm happy with Darkhorse so far, the SFX are not noticable, I never really saw them unless I looked for them. For me it doesnt add anything but I doubt they will remove them. Just too bad they can't go to monthly till they catch up. :judo:

i've talked with others who also missed it when reading through this arc for the first time. i think it's because it's the first time you see a pseudo-apostle being made so you don't really know what's going on, plus that many has the suspicion that Mozgus is an Apostle right of the bat when they see his weirdly shaped head and later his torture room. at least i know i did.

Funkmasta Zeph

Finely made wine since 1840
A.C said:
i've talked with others who also missed it when reading through this arc for the first time. i think it's because it's the first time you see a pseudo-apostle being made so you don't really know what's going on, plus that many has the suspicion that Mozgus is an Apostle right of the bat when they see his weirdly shaped head and later his torture room. at least i know i did.

But its not the first time. Not even close

Not only did we see it with the Count and Zondark, but we JUST saw it with Rosine and the elf-kids/bug-men.

Ok, so Seattle Zanadu's all across the city did not get Berserk 20 in today. Usually their so good about having it in on DarkHorse's release date too. Phooey. At least we got a new episode today. Thanks Scanbot. Until next week Vol 20.

Scorpio

Courtesy of Grail's doodling.
What do you know, Guts' right eye is brand new again!

I really doubt they will keep the flipped image for the final printing, though one has to wonder why it was ever flipped in the first place.

Top Bottom