Dark Horse Releases

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Unfortunately, that's not Dark Horse's fault. I believe they were told to use that nomenclature by Berserk's publishers in Japan, but I could be wrong about that. Regardless, it's not up to them.

Don't be too quick to absolve them. From what Chris Warner told us at the time it didn't seem like they tried to insist about it or took a strong stance on the issue. They should have. And they still could. Better late than never.

I'm so glad that i can come here to look for quality translations.. you think
demonic release
is a bad translation for Femto's line?
In my (German) copy, he just says
"Attack!"

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Gaahl said:
I'm so glad that i can come here to look for quality translations.. you think
demonic release
is a bad translation for Femto's line?
In my (German) copy, he just says
"Attack!"

Damn, maybe we don't have it so bad. :ganishka:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Yeah, Amazon fucked us this time, I got a similar email a while ago where they were even less sure about when they'd get it to me, and even asked if I was still interested in getting it! What? I don't care if it was for my convenience, it's like they were trying to get out of it, "Uh, you sure you even still want this, bro?"

URRRRGH!
DEMONIC RELEASE!
:femto:

Oburi said:
Yea man I just got the same thing. wtf! Meanwhile people like Gobots have already had it for over a week!

I can't speak for Gobots, but I just pick mine up from Xanadu comics in Seattle WA on the release date. I don't know why Amazon isn't able to get them to you guys at release.

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
I pre ordered mine from Chapters.ca and so far my vol 34 hasn't shipped yet. Not contact saying it will be late/delayed etc, so, here's hoping they can get them quicker than Amazon! :judo:

Why don't you guys just order it from tfaw.com

That's where I've gotten all 33 volumes from (need some extra cash before I get 34). They've been pretty quick with the deliveries too.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
Why don't you guys just order it from tfaw.com
For me, it's because generally Amazon is cheap, reliable and I have a Prime account shared with my wife, so free 2-day shipping.

Btw, my copy should arrive by Wed. Shipped out today.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I'm in the exact same boat, prime account and all, and yeah, I usually get my volumes from Amazon early, not late like in this odd case.

Konketsuji said:
Thanks, man, I'll try that. Though, I wonder about the delivery price, I hope it'll be cheaper to order from this stores than from the States.

www.bookdepository.co.uk say that they have free international shipping. You can also browse the prices in different currencies (top-right drop down box), so it would be easier to work out the cost before checkout. You can also use paypal, if that makes it easier.

Berserk isn't advertised very well in the UK. Some sites only have a few volumes of Berserk.

Search results for 'berserk' on some of the UK's biggest book retailers:
BookDepository.co.uk
Play.com
Amazon.co.uk
Waterstones.com

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
My volume 34 just arrived. Such a great portion of the series... It's awesome to revisit this stuff.

However, I have to note some of the translation problems I had with this one. The big one has already been addressed earlier in the thread (Demonic Release). But there's another terrible one that slipped under the radar. The episode title for 297 as translated by SKnet is "The Blind Giant God." DH's version is "The Giant God of Blindness."

That's uh... that's quite a bit different. Ganishka didn't reincarnated himself twice so he could be ruler of all that is blind. He's become blind and amnesic as a result of the transformation. Just embarassing, DH...

But I actually really liked how they handled the key dialogue between Femto and Ganishka in ep 303. Particularly:
Femto: "You can see... because he who bears light... exists in the deepest shadow. And... it's within darkness, that true light is discovered."
I didn't notice it until their wording here, but this reminds me of Void's speech in Volume 12 to Griffith, pre-sacrifice, about how because the principles of the world transcends human understanding, man must embrace evil to realize its destiny.

Jesterhead

I ain't mad at it!
I don't usually get mad at waiting to have items shipped to me, but this is ridiculous! :mozgus:

As I said before I ordered my volume 34 through Chapters, not only have they not even shipped my order yet, several stores in my area have them listed as in stock!!

Hopefully a little bit of complaining will allow me to just take one of their in stock book instead of the one I ordered.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Ugh, "Demonic Release" by itself was bad enough but reading it in the context of the scene is even worse. It doesn't even flow right. Other than that and the Knight of Skeleton issue, Vol. 34 was a great read. I'm just glad I can refer to SK.net's translations whenever Dark Horse lets me down.

I got volume 34 this weekend which was a happening of historical significance: Berserk is now officially the manga I have the most of (34 books vs. 33 volumes of Battle Royale). :badbone:

Oburi

All praise Grail
Wait 33 volumes of battle royale? I thought it was only 15 books long? Am I missing out on battle royale manga?!

Top Bottom