Dark Horse Releases

I think my favorite line from isidro in 36 is when
isma sees guts transform and heads out to meet the sea god, and she asks if all knights are like that, to which isidro replies, "knights? The don't even make humans like that!"

Maybe it's because it's eight pages shorter but my volume 36 is much thinner than volume 35. My Japanese tankobans of 35 and 36 look to be the same size. I think Dark Horse lowered the quality again like with volume 30 :schierke:. It has a different feel to it than my other volumes. Anyone else notice this?

Oburi

All praise Grail
Bender said:
Maybe it's because it's eight pages shorter but my volume 36 is much thinner than volume 35. My Japanese tankobans of 35 and 36 look to be the same size. I think Dark Horse lowered the quality again like with volume 30 :schierke:. It has a different feel to it than my other volumes. Anyone else notice this?

I think you may be right. The quality doesn't seem as good and it is a bit smaller. Also my fold out colored page at the front was glued into the spine on both ends so there was no way for me to fold it out without tearing it, which I did and now I'm pissed.

Very poor release from Darkhorse. Very disappointing.

Gobolatula

praise be to grail!
Oburi said:
I think you may be right. The quality doesn't seem as good and it is a bit smaller. Also my fold out colored page at the front was glued into the spine on both ends so there was no way for me to fold it out without tearing it, which I did and now I'm pissed.

Very poor release from Darkhorse. Very disappointing.
The same thing happened to me with the foldouts. Luckily Grail's copy was fine, but mine got ripped and I was pissed. I really wish they'd try just a little bit harder.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Chaos said:
I think my favorite line from isidro in 36 is when
isma sees guts transform and heads out to meet the sea god, and she asks if all knights are like that, to which isidro replies, "knights? The don't even make humans like that!"
It's a good line, deviating a bit from the translation we have, but I do like it :ganishka:

Gobolatula said:
but mine got ripped and I was pissed.
Same happened to me. :schierke:

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
Oburi said:
Also my fold out colored page at the front was glued into the spine on both ends so there was no way for me to fold it out without tearing it, which I did and now I'm pissed.

Most of the times these kind of fuck up are the printing company's fault.. a sad thing though. I hope my copy will be fine.. I'll know Friday when I go pick it up..

Good thing I always use a razor blade to cut out those color posters from the volumes. If the cutting is done nice and slowly, it always does the job neatly and without any tearing :slan:
:ganishka:

And hopefully the DH will fix that "heart/art" error in volume 36 in the next printing :void:

I got my copy of 36 two days ago. It's so skinny that I can't even bare to take it out of the cellophane. Reminds me of the terrible paper stock that vol 30 or 31 had.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Jaze1618 said:
I got my copy of 36 two days ago. It's so skinny that I can't even bare to take it out of the cellophane. Reminds me of the terrible paper stock that vol 30 or 31 had.
It's nowhere near as thin as Volume 30.

vol36width.jpg

The paper quality is also right on par with the other volumes, and this comes from a guy who worked in a place where newspapers were printed for 5 years.

Rhombaad said:
I didn't notice anything off about the thickness of my copy, either.

It's definitely one of the thinnest volumes released, but its nowhere near as bad as I thought it was. In this case I think it really is just the difference of the 10th episode.

So I came across something interesting today.

4KASMQH.jpg

mIZ33Hc.jpg

This seems like a pretty big change for something that Dark Horse claims to be unedited. Does the guard say something in a way that it does not translate well in english? I thought it was interesting and didn't find anything about edits like it when I searched.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Bender said:
So I came across something interesting today.

[...]

This seems like a pretty big change for something that Dark Horse claims to be unedited. Does the guard say something in a way that it does not translate well in english? I thought it was interesting and didn't find anything about edits like it when I searched.

The bubble was incorrectly pointing towards the guard in the Japanese edition. It's indeed Charlotte who's speaking here.

Aazealh said:
The bubble was incorrectly pointing towards the guard in the Japanese edition. It's indeed Charlotte who's speaking here.

I figured you if anyone would know. :SK: Very cool, thanks. It must have been a strange to read.

I don't read Japanese, but by looking in the back it seems that my volume 10 was printed in '97, not the first run. I am guessing it was fixed in later editions before Dark Horse got to it.

Release Date for the North American release of Volume 37 November 20th

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/23-774/Berserk-Volume-37-TPB

Good I guess but at this rate it's probably going to mean a heck of a wait between this and the NA release of volume 38

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
puppet12ca said:
Release Date for the North American release of Volume 37 November 20th

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/23-774/Berserk-Volume-37-TPB

Good I guess but at this rate it's probably going to mean a heck of a wait between this and the NA release of volume 38
Thanks for the update. It seems like a long time, but it's actually ahead of schedule. Dark Horse has generally taken about a year between the Japanese release and their release for the past few volumes. This one's "just" seven months.

as usual those of us in Canada will get the new berserk volume two weeks later Than the US. Chapters has volume 37 listed for release on December 3rd

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/berserk-volume-37/9781616552053-item.html?ikwid=berserk+37&ikwsec=Home&gcs_requestid=0CJCryb27q7gCFQQq5wodSiUAAA

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
puppet12ca said:
as usual those of us in Canada will get the new berserk volume two weeks later Than the US. Chapters has volume 37 listed for release on December 3rd

comic shops should have them the day they're release in the preview books... well mine is doing that.

My poster was stuck and I tore it a bit. :judo:

Also opened it up and saw this right away.

bSe01TN.jpg

Come on Dark Horse....

I turned the page and saw this...

YZBCJmf.jpg

What the hell is going on?

Top Bottom