Author Topic: Dark Horse Releases  (Read 270684 times)

Offline Walter

• 賢者
  • Administrator
  • Of the Abyss
  • Chapter ≠ Episode
Re: Dark Horse Releases
« Reply #1500 on: July 19, 2017, 09:53:18 PM »
Could you post a sample panel? I'm waiting for the manga scan where you can see the stippling. :serpico:

Sample from Vol 21, showing the UI
Sample from Vol 22, showing a 2-page spread

Quality looks great on devices like phones and tablets. On desktop, it's merely good enough. The convenience of having all of Berserk on my phone whenever I want it has already proven pretty useful.
:femto: :slan: :ubik:

Offline N7Paladin

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #1501 on: July 19, 2017, 11:25:57 PM »
Excellent news, good to see DH is putting them out digitally. Unfortunately, I don't have the extra money to buy them.

On thhe bright side, volume 38 from DH showed up today.  :serpico:

Offline llafnwod

« Reply #1502 on: July 19, 2017, 11:41:14 PM »
Comixology has previews. There's a little "See what's inside" link under the cover image if you're on a page for one of the volumes.

So there is! And that's a yes on the stippling. What a time to be alive.

Quality looks great on devices like phones and tablets. On desktop, it's merely good enough. The convenience of having all of Berserk on my phone whenever I want it has already proven pretty useful.

The scan quality actually appears excellent in the close-ups I looked at. What kind of DPI are you viewing them at? I think "zoomed-out" they look dirty/grainy simply because of aliasing.
Nevermind. Just looked at a couple more and compared to the volume. "Good enough" is right.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 11:52:16 PM by llafnwod »

Offline BiQ--

• Of the Interstice
  • " ... "
Dark Horse is now publishing Berserk in digital form
« Reply #1503 on: July 22, 2017, 01:59:34 PM »
This might be of interest to some:
http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2558/sdcc-2017-dark-horse-acquires-digital-rights-berse

Digitial[sic] editions of Berserk Volumes 1–38 are now available to purchase on Digital.Darkhorse.com, Apple’s iBookstore, Amazon Kindle, Kobo, Barnes & Noble’s NOOK, Comixology, and Google Play.

I have used dark horse's digital bookstore earlier for some other titles, and my experiences thus far have been ...spotty. When it works, it's fine, but when it doesn't, it gets infuriatingly crashy on a phone at least. Web reader has mostly worked, though. And as can be seen from the list, they are available on other places as well.

Dunno if I'll actually switch to digital. There's something about having those paper volumes, yet the reality of shelf space at home is another thing...

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
Re: Dark Horse is now publishing Berserk in digital form
« Reply #1504 on: July 22, 2017, 02:40:51 PM »
This might be of interest to some:
http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2558/sdcc-2017-dark-horse-acquires-digital-rights-berse

Hi BiQ-- and thanks for posting the info, however it had already been reported a few days ago. :serpico:
As a result I've merged your thread with the other one.

Offline m

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #1505 on: July 27, 2017, 02:53:37 PM »
My copy of volume 38 finally arrived yesterday, and what a great volume it is. I had already seen the individual episodes as they came out, and my Japanese copy of the volume as well, but nothing beats a physical book that I can actually read, even if the translation is not what it should be, as proven time and again by puella (if you read this, once again thank you for your hard work!) It never ceases to amaze me how, even after reading each volume multiple times, there's always something new to find, and how the story is still as impactful as it was the first time.

And now to wait for volume 39 to be released...

Offline jackson_hurley

• Of the Vortex
  • even the horses are cut in half!
« Reply #1506 on: July 27, 2017, 03:22:05 PM »
My copy of volume 38 finally arrived yesterday, and what a great volume it is. I had already seen the individual episodes as they came out, and my Japanese copy of the volume as well, but nothing beats a physical book that I can actually read, even if the translation is not what it should be, as proven time and again by puella (if you read this, once again thank you for your hard work!) It never ceases to amaze me how, even after reading each volume multiple times, there's always something new to find, and how the story is still as impactful as it was the first time.

And now to wait for volume 39 to be released...

I received my japanese vol 39 yesterday. I thought I would be able to get Dark Horse's vol 38 before receiving vol39. now I have my first gap in the series. Should not be too long before  get my hands on vol38 (and to be honest I can't wait considering there is a lot of awesome épisodes in it, some of my favorites in the "recent" releases.)