Episode 188

Dai 188 Wa  Millennium Falcon Hen  Seima Senki no Shô  Fuyu no Tabiji (2)

Episode 188  Millennium Falcon Part  Chapter of the Holy-Evil War Chronicle  Winter Journey (2)

One night, Guts, still troubled by his nightmare, is fighting specters as usual. But when the specters attack an unwary Casca, he tries to save her... and gets possessed.
Guts tries to strangle Casca... and finally comes to his senses before it's too late. But Casca fainted.

The day after, when Casca wakes up, it looks like she reverted to her "post-Occultation" attitude towards Guts: she fears him. She even tries to flee.
Puck tries to comfort Guts by telling him that it was just a specter, that he's not to blame... But Guts wonders... Was it _really_ just the specter?...
Guts has to tie Casca's hands so that she can't run away from him.

When the night comes, Guts fights specters once again, and thinks about that new burden: he has to protect somebody, now. He can't afford to die. If he dies, so will Casca.
And now, Casca hates him for all the things he has to do in order to protect her...

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider
Is this for serious or aspeculation?
Oh my god if it's for real it s soo depressing...
Please say it's speculation...

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Yeah... that goes with what I was thinking. Gatts is going to have his face rubbed into Casca's helplessness until he can't take it anymore.

I think that we will see a very troubled Gatts in the future, the 'beast' will probably try to use Casca against him. If of course the beast is not just a manifestation of Gatts darkest dreams and thoughts.

And this is Miura... he does depression VERY good. I can't imagine the tension of having to read throug the eclipse episodes one at a time by the time they came out, waiting weeks for the next one, sitting and thinking, NO, Miura can't just kill the Hawks like that! But he did... and it's food for thought what he's gonna do next... ;D

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
Dai 188 Wa  Millennium Falcon Hen  Seima Senki no Sh? Fuyu no Tabiji (2)

Episode 188  Millennium Falcon Part  Chapter of the Holy-Evil War Chronicle  Winter Journey (2)

One night, Guts, still troubled by his nightmare, is fighting specters as usual. But when the specters attack an unwary Casca, he tries to save her... and gets possessed.

i thought this day will never come....guts getting possessed. now, when will pakk get posseesed? is it possilbe? it be funny as hell if we ever get to see pakk and his incubus nighmare

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
gatts has been almost possessed on a number of occasions... i was waiting for it, myself. glad to see miura taking such drastic plot changes, as well as showing gatts as an actual human, that is vulnerable. i was really wondering when gatts would have to deal upfront with caska's condition. it seems he's always, usually literally, running away from having to face it.

i thought this day will never come....guts getting possessed.

In fact, Guts was near to be possessed in Volume 2, when the specters tried to use his body to avenge their deaths at the hands of the Count...

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Guts has in fact, ALMOST been possesed on several ocassions. But not once has it been sucessful. He's always ad the will to fight off the specters. One can wonder if he LET himself become possesed.

In either case, this is a very interesting turn of events.

Sounds like another well written chapter by Miura!!!
It seems that the beast is starting to get ideas into Guts head and Guts is starting to fall into its clutches.

sounds like another excellent chapter.
but like i said before, its gonna suck if something happens to Caska, or if the relationship between the two change drastically(as in what the beast said in 187)...

SlamDrunk

Whopper!!!! Only @ BurgerKing!!!
Sounds like a great chap. Olivier, do you happen to know if Miura is back on schedule after his 'summer vacation' and 'early autumn break'? :)
I mean, is every chap going to be released after 2 weeks or we'll have to wait?
He should have written a lot of storyboard during his pauses... let's hope so!
AND I want Caska back to her real self... ;D

Olivier, do you happen to know if Miura is back on schedule after his 'summer vacation' and 'early autumn break'? :)

They're hardly "vacations". He just "skips" a Young Animal issue, once in a while... That's not that big a deal, really.

I mean, is every chap going to be released after 2 weeks or we'll have to wait?

I think there will be another "break" between episode 191 and episode 192.

maybe in chapt: 187 panel of caska being killed ( essentially by Gats subconscience ) is foreshadow of what he will eventually do?

It seems to me that sooner or later he will have to deal with the fact the Caska is a hinderence to his actual obsession..killing Griffiths. I still want to see that SOB pay for what he did to the Hawks.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Sounds like good stuff, looks like Guts mettle is really being put to the test (finally), that aura of invincibility is starting to get a little thin, at least internally.
now, when will pakk get posseesed? is it possilbe? it be funny as hell if we ever get to see pakk and his incubus nighmare
I think a better question is what would happen if Caska were to be possessed? That would be one hell of a thing for Guts to deal with, but for some reason I don’t think Miura will go through with it (now that I’ve said he won’t it’s almost guaranteed that it will happen!)
It seems to me that sooner or later he will have to deal with the fact the Caska is a hinderence to his actual obsession..killing Griffiths. I still want to see that SOB pay for what he did to the Hawks.
I rather he discover his Elvin heritage. ;D

-Griffith

magoamoth

Please... my egg... don't do anything to it... pro
Gatts possessed? Finally we see that happens. Enjoy! (his fighting spirit was always strong enough for making ghosts run away)
Does it mean, Gatts's mind is exhausted to fight again and again ( who couldn't be?) and that the day he loses is close?

I hope the relatioships between Gatts and Casca won't be too hurt by this happening.
But maybe it is a way they have to go,in order Gatts can break actual state of Casca.... :p

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
i think gatts just needs a break. maybe some good ol fashioned r & r at elfville. then he can "max & relax," as they say. not to mention, get his first really good night's rest since the eclipse. if he can heal some of his emotional wounds, & fight with intelligence as well as rage, he should be an even more imposing presence on the battlefield. not to mention that it'd be VERY nice to see some CHARACER DEVELOPEMENT IN THE MAIN CHARACTER for once, but maybe that's just me.

P

paradiselost

...it can happen to all the people to be possessed sometime...

...and Gutts, of course, it's in this like the others...

...I only hope that his relation with Caska 'll not be ruined by this situation...

...but maybe, elves 'll help to solve this situation...

;)

shogunate

Look at me!
Well Gatts is gonna have to deal with his menacing self eventually.  But I dont think he'll ever be "possessed" to do Caska any real harm.  Also Muira isn't shallow enough to let Gatts be overtaken to the God Hands.  He will be in flesh and blood to the end, i think.

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
Not even on the subject of possession, what if this is really what Guts is becoming? He's been warned for a loooong time that he would eventually become that which he fights against... That and the "beast" is seemingly getting stronger and has now infected his mind with the worst thing (for Guts) self doubt.

Without the confidence I am really afraid to see what might happen  :-/

All that aside, this should prove to be most interesting!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
In my opinion, Guts conquered that old 'beast' back during his time in Godo's cave. His old beast was manifested because he was abandoning Casca and escaping in his revenge. Then Guts displaced his fear more or less, and the beast subsided...but now Guts is starting to subconsciously let fear (or doubt?) back into himself, and this caused the re-manisfestation of the Beast.

Well that's my opinion anyway...

icefall

I need more sleep -_- zzz
I can definitely go with that... I'm just wondering if there really is a beast or if it's Guts himself. I dunno, maybe one of those subconscious id things or something.

Alright it's way past my bedtime, and I have a crazy day ahead of me. 'Night all!

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
*ponders* If Gatts became an apostle I'm betting he would have more than a passing resemblance to the beast....

Top Bottom