Happy Thanksgiving!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I had Thanksgiving a FULL DAY ahead of you guys and it was tasty. Since my wife and I had a baby, the teachers at my work made us tons of dinner stuff already so all I made was the Turkey, stuffing, and Mashed Potato's! After that we had chicken enchiladas, Spanish rice, chicken lasagna, and a whole bunch of other shit!

As you might expect. It was awesome! :beast:

Happy Thanksgiving all! :carcus:

Happy thanksgiving!

This year was actually the first time I went out to eat Thanksgiving dinner. It seems like alot of people in the area did the same this year. It was really a change of pace, I got to eat like a pig and with none of the mess to clean up. Now I'm just waiting for a friend to call and go out drinking.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
Happy Thanksgiving to all that celebrate and even the ones that don't. My owner at the store left early because he didn't wanna be there for the anniversary of the robbery last thanksgiving. So I left work early too and went home and had some good classic thanksgiving dinner. Not to much since I"m running early tomorrow morning when all is quiet and I"m all alone in the track field at school. Then later going to work and finish RE 2 once again, since nothing worth it will be on tv.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Th3Branded0ne said:
Happy Thanksgiving to all that celebrate and even the ones that don't.

Yeah, I hope you guys are all having a good time while I bitterly mumble under my breath and plot to destroy Thanksgiving. "If I can't have it, then nobody will!"

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Aazealh said:
Yeah, I hope you guys are all having a good time while I bitterly mumble under my breath and plot to destroy Thanksgiving. "If I can't have it, then nobody will!"

All are welcome to the festivities Aazealh, we can all pitch in and ship you a turkey overseas posthaste.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Did anyone participate in the Black Friday shopping extravaganza? It was a very restless night so I decide to head to Target at 5am to make sure I got my niece the toy she wanted. There must have been 500 people there a half hour before the store opened and it was a nuthouse. The hot toy seemed to be the new Lego Star Wars Star Destroyer, which was actually pretty neat. I found the dolly my niece wanted but was pretty afraid when I picked up the box and it asked "are you my mommy?" ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT UNLESS YOU PRESS THE BUTTON ON ITS BRACELET AND I DID NOT! I think I picked up the demonic Trilogy of Terror version of the doll which maybe is rare and I could pawn off on Ebay but my niece really wants this thing. At least when its head starts turning 360 degrees, it starts vomiting pea soup, and begins doing inappropriate things with a crucifix I could say I got a gift receipt. :guts:
Oh and I ran into my ex.

It was the morning from hell.
Goodnight!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I stayed away from Black Friday this y ear. Im actually working, so I get to exploit the crazies. Like these people in New York, who trampled a Wal_mart worker to death in a frenzy for sales.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27955316

Happy Thanksgiving!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Walter said:
I stayed away from Black Friday this y ear. Im actually working, so I get to exploit the crazies. Like these people in New York, who trampled a Wal_mart worker to death in a frenzy for sales.

Holy hell, this is crazy.

That is so fucked up that I don't even know how to react to it. Did monkey's escape from the zoo or was it really people?
I hope the camera's recorded all the faces of everyone responsible so they can be charged.

In fact that would be quite priceless, killing someone to get a super discount only to get thrown in prison and charged more money than you initially saved. :ganishka:

Guts intestines

Yer breath is bad... It'll go away with yer head
Walter said:

Happy Thanksgiving!

I wanted to report that one :judo:.
Anyway that is pretty fucked up, I picture the Wal-mart like that mall from Dawn of the Dead (or Deadrising) and I can imagine all the early bird shoppers drooling and banging on the doors to be let in.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
http://cbs2.com/local/shooting.Toys.R.2.875874.html

Two killed by crossfire at a Palm Desert Toys R' Us, proving once again that California is at least twice as cool as New York and their, pffff, stampeding herds of savage consumers.

Statement from Toys R Us said:
"Our understanding is that this act seems to have been the result of a personal dispute between the individuals involved. Therefore, it would be inaccurate to associate the events of today with Black Friday."

By all means, do not associate this with the day and circumstances under which it happened.

Merry Christmas!

Oburi

All praise Grail
NightCrawler said:
Dudes, dont want to be a thread-pooper but why do you celebrate this?

I had a great thanksgiving but I do hate the holiday itself. We are remembering the ONE happy moment we shared with the natives before we completely raped them of their land and killed them and their Buffalo. It's like a date rapist saying "Let's focus on the dinner we had earlier". And by remembering the holiday we, the Americans, act like gluttons by stuffing food into other food and then into our mouths until we can't anymore.

I did have a nice time though.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Oburi said:
I had a great thanksgiving but I do hate the holiday itself. We are remembering the ONE happy moment we shared with the natives before we completely raped them of their land and killed them and their Buffalo.

So, what other moment do you want to remember? Or would you prefer to simply have less holidays? I'm not religious myself but you won't hear me bitch about Easter being a free day off.

Oburi

All praise Grail
No Thanksgiving for me, I'm working the whole day and night :sad: poor me.

Hope everyone else has a good one though.

X

Xem

Oburi said:
No Thanksgiving for me, I'm working the whole day and night :sad: poor me.

Hope everyone else has a good one though.

Yeah, my girlfriend sadly has to work all day today as well. The frustrating thing is she's the only one at the place that actually celebrates Thanksgiving and they decided to make her take the longest shift. They probably didn't even think about it beforehand, but when she brought it up they didn't change their minds.

On the brighter side, I was at least able to cook up a delicious side item this morning with her (check the Cooking Thread), and she was able to take her lunch off to eat dinner with my family.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Just got back from my grandpa's house. The outing consisted of overeating turkey and watching the Princess Bride on tv! Seriously, isn't that like the best fucking movie of all time? :carcus:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Darklink286 said:
Just got back from my grandpa's house. The outing consisted of overeating turkey and watching the Princess Bride on tv! Seriously, isn't that like the best fucking movie of all time? :carcus:
Actually no, it is not sir. :azan:

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
So yeah... I'm working in a retail environment for 8 hours tomorrow during Black Friday sales. :mozgus:
Anybody else lucky enough to be working tomorrow in some sort of store with crazy sales? Or are all of you guys in offices/whatever? :azan:

Top Bottom