Poll

What should the post minimum be to particpate?

0 - No minimum
3 (30%)
1 (10%)
4 (40%)
1 (10%)
1 (10%)
250+
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: November 13, 2014, 05:39:37 AM

Author Topic: Re: SECRET SCHNOZ 2018! Time for Presents!  (Read 35222 times)

Offline TheBranded1

• The Terminator
  • Of the Vortex
  • I'll be back.
Re: SECRET SCHNOZ 2018! Time for Presents!
« Reply #200 on: November 26, 2018, 02:39:24 PM »
I bought gift today, one of you should receive it no later than friday.

Offline Grail

• Cheddar Goblin
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • Feel the funk blast
« Reply #201 on: November 26, 2018, 04:24:23 PM »
Well, I didn't say I got it yet, but it'll be easy once I do.  I was referring the person I got. I don't think anyone sent me anything yet.

Ohh gotcha Xion, thanks for the correction. Sounds like you're on top of it!

I bought gift today, one of you should receive it no later than friday.

Thanks for the update Branded, and thanks for the heads-up to the thread!

I've just ordered the gifts for my Schnoz, and will be hopefully packaging them up and sending them out by the end of this week. :ubik:

Offline XionHorsey

Re: Re: SECRET SCHNOZ 2018! Time for Presents!
« Reply #202 on: November 27, 2018, 08:12:54 PM »
I bought my gift yesterday and receiver should get it on Wednesday or Thursday.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:33:56 AM by XionHorsey »

Offline Gobolatula

• Smooth operator
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • praise be to grail!
« Reply #203 on: November 30, 2018, 07:07:24 PM »
I wanted to mention that I got a VNV Nation CD in an Amazon package! I want to thank the awesome person who got this for me from the bottom of my heart. I'm looking forward to listening to this! This group is one that I've been meaning to give a shot for a long time!

Offline XionHorsey

« Reply #204 on: November 30, 2018, 09:38:50 PM »
You're welcome! :) I hope you like it! VNV Nation is among my highest favorites.

Offline JMP

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #205 on: December 02, 2018, 03:08:21 PM »
Got my Schnoz gifts the other day! :ubik:

Oooo, such a pretty gift bag!

And this is what I got: A very cool mug and delicious holiday chocolates! :guts:

I definitely have a new favorite mug now. So cute, I love it! ♥♥♥

Thank you so much, TheBranded1! :ubik:
A good sword, even if it rusts and dulls, has good steel that never rusts left over in the wick. That steel's the ultimate steel. Even if it cracks, if you return it to the fire, it's sure to be reborn. - Godot

Offline TheBranded1

• The Terminator
  • Of the Vortex
  • I'll be back.
« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2018, 06:43:02 PM »

You are welcome! And you can always reuse those gift bags from Amazon.

Offline IncantatioN

• Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #207 on: December 03, 2018, 11:55:47 PM »
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, shipped mine out this evening. Hope it arrives safely~

Never having heard VNV Nation, I just put on the first video that showed up on YouTube called When Is The Future. Catchy track, the music reminds me euro stuff of the 80's/ 90's. Their discography's semi extensive - any favorites, Xion?
At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

Offline XionHorsey

« Reply #208 on: December 04, 2018, 01:27:22 PM »
Their discography's semi extensive - any favorites, Xion?

When is the Future is the most recent song of his. A bit different from the earlier stuff. That album is Noire. My favorite songs on that one is Collide, Guiding, Armor, When is the Future, Only Satellites, and Requiem for Wires. Honestly, I like most of the songs on Noire.

Beyond that? Solitude(first VNV song I ever heard), Solitary, Standing, Airships, Beloved, Arena, Entropy, Epicenter, Prelude, Secluded Spaces, Holding on, and really, it's a pretty long list as I like 90% of it.

Offline Gobolatula

• Smooth operator
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • praise be to grail!
« Reply #209 on: December 04, 2018, 03:57:46 PM »
You're welcome! :) I hope you like it! VNV Nation is among my highest favorites.
I listened to the CD yesterday and it was inspiring! I plan on having it on repeat for the next week on my way to and from work. My favorite track is probably "Gratitude." Thank you very much!!

Also, I sent out Grail's and my gifts yesterday.  :guts:

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #210 on: December 09, 2018, 02:07:19 PM »
I received my gifts from IncantatioN the other day:

Thank you so much, Piraan! My wife and I watched Spirited Away yesterday afternoon. We'd only seen it once 17 years ago when it first came out on DVD. I think we enjoyed it even more this time around. Thank you for helping us move one step closer to a complete Miyazaki collection. Thank you for the Berserk figurines, as well. That was very generous of you. They're now swarming my movie shelf. :void:

Offline TheBranded1

• The Terminator
  • Of the Vortex
  • I'll be back.
« Reply #211 on: December 11, 2018, 02:13:42 AM »
I just got home and got this from the mailman. Thanks Grail! Pins will surely be taken to work and conventions. I was thinking of just recycling the bag you sent me the gifts in, for next year. It stays in good shape and seems like a baton to pass to the next secret schnoz.

Offline Grail

• Cheddar Goblin
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • Feel the funk blast
« Reply #212 on: December 11, 2018, 09:57:53 PM »
I just got home and got this from the mailman. Thanks Grail! Pins will surely be taken to work and conventions. I was thinking of just recycling the bag you sent me the gifts in, for next year. It stays in good shape and seems like a baton to pass to the next secret schnoz.

Hey man, glad you're enjoying the gifts! I gotta admit that I was coveting those pins, they seemed like high quality! And yes, by all means, please feel free to use the bag I gave you for the next Secret Schnoz. In fact, I had the same thought as you! Since JMP worked to create the lovely bag, it should be passed along to fellow Berserk fans who will be sure to appreciate it every year. :guts:

Speaking of presents, I received my gift from Rhombaad for this year! In the spirit of Christmas, Iíll be waiting to reveal my gift until the 25th! Thank you Rhomby, I canít wait to see what you picked out. :serpico:

Offline I know that I know :)

« Reply #213 on: December 12, 2018, 11:45:49 AM »
I received my gifts from IncantatioN the other day:

Thank you so much, Piraan! My wife and I watched Spirited Away yesterday afternoon. We'd only seen it once 17 years ago when it first came out on DVD. I think we enjoyed it even more this time around. Thank you for helping us move one step closer to a complete Miyazaki collection. Thank you for the Berserk figurines, as well. That was very generous of you. They're now swarming my movie shelf. :void:

Man I remember when I first watched Spirited away mostly I was disturbed through most of the movie being how young I was. Mostly the old lady with the big head gave me some nightmare fuel Though "End Of Evangelion" and "Berserk" made me realize it was not that disturbing of a movie after all at least compared to those.
All shall love me and despair.

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #214 on: December 12, 2018, 03:39:32 PM »
Man I remember when I first watched Spirited away mostly I was disturbed through most of the movie being how young I was. Mostly the old lady with the big head gave me some nightmare fuel Though "End Of Evangelion" and "Berserk" made me realize it was not that disturbing of a movie after all at least compared to those.

Yeah, I can see it being disturbing for younger viewers initially, what with her parents being turned into pigs and being left all alone in a scary place. It reminded me a lot of the Disney films I grew up watching in that respect. I didn't care for Spirited Away all that much the first time I saw it, but it's grown on me immensely over the years. Princess Mononoke is probably my favorite Miyazaki film, but Spirited Away is a very close second.

Offline I know that I know :)

« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2018, 03:58:20 PM »
Yeah, I can see it being disturbing for younger viewers initially, what with her parents being turned into pigs and being left all alone in a scary place. It reminded me a lot of the Disney films I grew up watching in that respect. I didn't care for Spirited Away all that much the first time I saw it, but it's grown on me immensely over the years. Princess Mononoke is probably my favorite Miyazaki film, but Spirited Away is a very close second.

My favorite is howls moving castle though princess Mononoke is really good as well just some of the symbolism  in its went over my head through my first viewing of it,but I learn to appreciate it message through my other viewings.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 12:04:42 AM by I know that I know :) »
All shall love me and despair.

Offline Rhombaad

• Old Fart in Training
  • Falconian
  • Of the Abyss
« Reply #216 on: December 13, 2018, 06:35:42 PM »
Speaking of presents, I received my gift from Rhombaad for this year! In the spirit of Christmas, Iíll be waiting to reveal my gift until the 25th! Thank you Rhomby, I canít wait to see what you picked out. :serpico:

Nice! Youíre welcome! Hope you enjoy it!

Offline XionHorsey

« Reply #217 on: December 13, 2018, 11:19:22 PM »
Here are my gifts! I actually thought I got a CHEESE PRINTER! Yikes...anyway:

(I love the wrapping paper/ribbon! Awesome packaging!)

(I was really wondering about this, but then I realized that such a thing wouldn't make sense, so I kept looking).

(HERE THEY ARE! YAY!)

(Hooray! Scratch art!)

(EEE!! Shadow of the Colossus!)

Thank you, JMP! Jerky was yummy! I haven't tried the Keto bark yet, but I will!

Offline Grail

• Cheddar Goblin
  • Falconian
  • Of the Vortex
  • Feel the funk blast
« Reply #218 on: December 13, 2018, 11:42:27 PM »
JMP's righteous brand wrapping strikes again! And it looks like you got some neat goodies Xion! :ubik:

Offline JMP

• Falconian
  • Of the Interstice
« Reply #219 on: December 14, 2018, 03:50:01 PM »
I actually thought I got a CHEESE PRINTER! Yikes...anyway:
:slan: Those gag gift boxes crack me up.

(EEE!! Shadow of the Colossus!)
I really enjoyed playing this game back in the day. One of not that many video games I actually finished. :ganishka: (Ico included, too).

Thank you, JMP! Jerky was yummy! I haven't tried the Keto bark yet, but I will!
You're very welcome! Happy holidays! :guts:

And you can always reuse those gift bags from Amazon.
Yup, that's the plan!

I was thinking of just recycling the bag you sent me the gifts in, for next year. It stays in good shape and seems like a baton to pass to the next secret schnoz.
Glad it travels well. Kind of cool for it to have more than one use. :serpico:
A good sword, even if it rusts and dulls, has good steel that never rusts left over in the wick. That steel's the ultimate steel. Even if it cracks, if you return it to the fire, it's sure to be reborn. - Godot